CAT Anemia ...please help!!!

Old June 20th 06, 09:18 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav

Default CAT Anemia ...please help!!!

Help!!! Our is cat dying
Somebody help our pet cat kinko!!!. We have a female cat who is 15 months old. We got her from a local person when she was 8 weeks old. She got all her initial shots last year(including the testing done for FELV and a shot of anti FELV) she was all well ...
it was just a week after she got vaccinations for this year(2nd year....the vaccinations are for FVR-CP, FELV, Rabies)I saw her being a little lethargic one day...(to be precise it was the 8th day after vaccination).i took her to the vet...where they found she has a temperature of 105 deg F. They checked her PCV which was 37 that night. The next day it dropped to 18....later in day it was 13....she was given blood transfusion....which did increase her PCV to 30....but after a day it again dropped to 20 and the fever again came back...which is higer than before that is 106 deg F. She has been given blood
transfusion again.. Her temp has come down to 104 deg F but the PCV didn't go up. Doctors r doing bone marrow aspirate....they r waiting for the reports of test IFA.

During the first six days she didn't exhibit any signs of fever....we
donot stay at home all the time but when ever we were there with
her...she was playful as usual
The only thing I can recall which is different is....earlier she always
liked sleeping over our blanket...but since the day she got her
vaccinations she wanted to sleep underneath the blanket. All I can
guess is she might be having a temperature before the I day I noticed
it...because...she has be kind of over active cat and she wants to play
all the time....when her PCV was 13 she was sitting and wanted to
play...wagging her tail( doctor expected her to be lying and sleepy
sort)
Doctors are still trying to diagnose her, everybody is
saying it is a tough case, with options like

1. Hemabartonala
2. IMHA
3. Feline lekumeia
Till date nothing has been detected so far.....but all the testing
procedure is making her more n more dull day by day.....
We have been doing intense reading over the internet, with some hope ...
We have changed three hospitals, from

local vet, to emergency clinic to vet university of missouri.,which is
in colunbia city. It has
been 6 days with no answer. All her reports show a negative till
now.....!!
If anyone can give us some suggestions.....or have heared or any
similar case.....please let us know!

Our e mail is

Thanks..
Priyanka&dinesh

Old June 21st 06, 09:38 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav

hi,
do u guys stay in india? actually i have a cat at home in mumbai, and
the vet that i go to is good. his name is dr.hitesh swali, and his no
is-9821120058. i dont know about ur problem, but if u think talking to
him can help, pl do so.
hope ur cat gets better and playful as b4.
all the best, take care,
charu