Tony gets sat

Old September 12th 03, 07:26 AM
Bridget

Default Tony gets sat

The first thing you need to realize about my dear Tony is that he does
NOT live with d*gs. Moreover, his only exposure to those hideous things
has been ones that he generally could be considered to outweigh.
Hence, he heretofore has also not been afraid of them, but merely held
them in contempt.

A few weeks ago, I was once again locked in the psych unit and he had
the priviledge of staying with a new friend of mine. She has two of
those beasts and a cat. I wasn't overly keen about it, but I knew that
he would tolerate being home alone even worse. So, off he goes to live
with Mena - a 14 pound cat, Kelly a 60 pound d*g, and Sophie- a 100
pound beast.

Until this occasion, I had no doubts about Tony's ability to waltz into
whatever house he was sent to and take over. I figured he could hold
his own - he does have claws after all, but I thought he had probably
met his household match this time. He got there and promptly drew some
boundaries with the dogs - no noses up his butt. For that matter, no
noses within 20 feet of him. He then went and hid under one of the kids
beds for three days.

And then he came out. I'm told it was a bloodless coup. One day he was
a fugitive under the bed, the next everyone in the house was bowing to
meet his every demand. He was constantly on my friend's shoulder -
irritating her cat to no end, he ate the other cat's food - while his
was in plenty and canned no less, he lay beside the dog food bowl just
to see how wide a berth the dogs would give him. In the living room, he
was king of ALL. He lay on the coffee table on his back with all legs
sprawled out - obscene it was. This was clearly a cat that was in his
element. If the dogs got to close, they automatically trained
themselves, "Oh crap!!! There's that d*mned cat!! Sh*t! I can't get
out of this space, there is a wall there. Crap crap crap!!" And their
bodies would move with panic. Tony on the other hand would not have
moved a whisker and would be laying quite relaxed.

I will never doubt his ability to adapt again.

Bridget

Old September 12th 03, 08:20 AM
Helen Wheels

Bridget wrote:
[...]

LOL! Thanks so much for that one Bridget, I'm having one of those
cr*p days and this brightened it no end.
Helen Wheels

Old September 12th 03, 11:25 AM
Angela Ryan

LOL!!

I hope you are "better" now

Angela and Gizmo

Old September 12th 03, 10:27 PM
Sam Nash

LOL about the "canine trainer" and happy to see you back, Bridget. Hope
you're better.
Sam

Old September 13th 03, 02:10 AM
Jo Firey

Seems to me it was most kind and generous of Tony to explain the facts of life to
these slow witted creatures. He must have needed the first three days to figure out
just how to connect with their dense little brains.

--
Jo Firey

"Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take
our breath away."

Old September 13th 03, 03:17 AM
Takayuki

Bridget wrote:

A few weeks ago, I was once again locked in the psych unit and he had
the priviledge of staying with a new friend of mine. She has two of
those beasts and a cat. I wasn't overly keen about it, but I knew that
he would tolerate being home alone even worse. So, off he goes to live
with Mena - a 14 pound cat, Kelly a 60 pound d*g, and Sophie- a 100
pound beast.

That's great about Tony, but he should have gone with you hospital.
I certainly hope you're feeling better now!

Old September 13th 03, 01:46 PM
SUQKRT

In article , Bridget
wrote:

[...]

Yea! for Tony!

I'm so glad to hear from you I was really starting to get worried.
Suz
Iron Chef Macmoosette
Thank Heavens There's Only One

Chocolate heals all wounds.
Old September 13th 03, 04:37 PM
Christine Burel

Hope you're feeling better now, Bridget; soothing purrs for you. Very
amused to read about Tony the Conqueror!
Christine