Best Litter Box I've Found

Old July 21st 07, 07:00 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
cybercat

Default Best Litter Box I've Found

Gracie is good about her box, there is just the usual kicking out of litter
to contend with.

Boo is another story, she really spreads litter and sometimes forgos the
box. She is getting a little arthritic, from the way she walks, so it is
nice to have a low door to the box.

Anyway, the Rubbermaid Pets box is really good. Just the right size (these
are 7-9 lb girlycats but for most cats, I think) with a low door for entry
but high sides, durable plastic that is not rigid, and easily cleaned. We
use the mat, too, it helps keep them from spreading the litter around the
house.

http://tinyurl.com/2248es

Old July 21st 07, 07:07 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
CatNipped

"cybercat" wrote in message
Gracie is good about her box, there is just the usual kicking out of
litter to contend with.

Boo is another story, she really spreads litter and sometimes forgos the
box. She is getting a little arthritic, from the way she walks, so it is
nice to have a low door to the box.

Anyway, the Rubbermaid Pets box is really good. Just the right size (these
are 7-9 lb girlycats but for most cats, I think) with a low door for entry
but high sides, durable plastic that is not rigid, and easily cleaned. We
use the mat, too, it helps keep them from spreading the litter around the
house.

http://tinyurl.com/2248es

Hey, that looks perfect for most cats. I don't think it's big enough for
Sammy, though. I have two *HUGE* boxes and she still has to stand almost
upright to fit into it (I'd show you a picture, it's hilarious, but it
wouldn't be nice to publicly humiliate her like that!). ; Then she has to
stand *outside* of it in order to bury her business (and in her zeal she
often throws her "business" outside of the litterbox!).

--

Hugs,

CatNipped

Old July 21st 07, 07:11 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
cybercat

Default Cat litter AND Best Litter Box I've Found

"CatNipped" wrote
http://tinyurl.com/2248es

Hey, that looks perfect for most cats. I don't think it's big enough for
Sammy, though. I have two *HUGE* boxes and she still has to stand almost
upright to fit into it (I'd show you a picture, it's hilarious, but it
wouldn't be nice to publicly humiliate her like that!). ; Then she has
to stand *outside* of it in order to bury her business (and in her zeal
she often throws her "business" outside of the litterbox!).

What is hilarious is that I almost wrote, "except for CN's Sammy!!"
That there is a TEXAN cat, hahaha!

By the way, the box will take 28 lbs of litter without much being kicked
out. The Target cat litter I posted about a few weeks ago is really good.
You can pour it from a standing position to the box on the floor and very
litle dust rises--and though scented, it has very little scent to my nose,
and
it does not bother Gracie whose asthma is triggered by perfumes. It has
a fine consistency even though it is so dustless, and they really seem to
like it. Boo has not peed on the rugs since we put it in her box and got
rid of those crystals. The icing on the cake: it costs $3.66 for 14 lbs.
It scoops well, but not too terribly hard so that it might get cakes in
paws, etc. Good stuff! hahaha!

--

Hugs,

CatNipped

Old July 21st 07, 07:21 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
CatNipped

"cybercat" wrote in message

"CatNipped" wrote
http://tinyurl.com/2248es

Hey, that looks perfect for most cats. I don't think it's big enough for
Sammy, though. I have two *HUGE* boxes and she still has to stand almost
upright to fit into it (I'd show you a picture, it's hilarious, but it
wouldn't be nice to publicly humiliate her like that!). ; Then she has
to stand *outside* of it in order to bury her business (and in her zeal
she often throws her "business" outside of the litterbox!).

What is hilarious is that I almost wrote, "except for CN's Sammy!!"
That there is a TEXAN cat, hahaha!

Yep. It's so funny, because when you see Sammy all by herself you don't
realize how big she is. It's only when she's next to a "normal" sized cat
that makes you go JEEZ!

Here she is with 7.5 pound Jessie:
http://www.possibleplaces.com/catnipped/Jessie17/ - and she's *GROWN* since
then!!!;

By the way, the box will take 28 lbs of litter without much being kicked
out. The Target cat litter I posted about a few weeks ago is really good.
You can pour it from a standing position to the box on the floor and very
litle dust rises--and though scented, it has very little scent to my nose,
and
it does not bother Gracie whose asthma is triggered by perfumes. It has
a fine consistency even though it is so dustless, and they really seem to
like it. Boo has not peed on the rugs since we put it in her box and got
rid of those crystals. The icing on the cake: it costs $3.66 for 14 lbs.
It scoops well, but not too terribly hard so that it might get cakes in
paws, etc. Good stuff! hahaha!

Hmmmm. I'm gonna have to try that. The litter we use, Tidy Cats, is pretty
pricey. We have to buy three 35 pound containers to fill all *SEVEN* litter
boxes!

Hugs,

CatNipped

--

Hugs,

CatNipped

Old July 21st 07, 07:31 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Sheelagh >o

On 21 Jul, 19:00, "cybercat" wrote:
Gracie is good about her box, there is just the usual kicking out of litter
to contend with.

Boo is another story, she really spreads litter and sometimes forgos the
box. She is getting a little arthritic, from the way she walks, so it is
nice to have a low door to the box.

Anyway, the Rubbermaid Pets box is really good. Just the right size (these
are 7-9 lb girlycats but for most cats, I think) with a low door for entry
but high sides, durable plastic that is not rigid, and easily cleaned. We
use the mat, too, it helps keep them from spreading the litter around the
house.

http://tinyurl.com/2248es

Another good box to try is an old fashioned Ottoman. do you know what
one of these is?
It is a box that most people used to keep @ the rend of your bed, to
put fresh linen in. Everyone used to have the in years gone by in the
UK. With most of them, they were just made out of plain old wood, with
a lid that lifts, & the front is ideal for making a pussy cat sized
hole that would allow for most sizes of cats too.
All you have to do, is lift the lid & and remove anything you want to
clear out, & puss cat remains well happy with personal space that you
can view easily when you have a need to. I use them to look in on
kittens that we foster them. nice and safe, & quite too

http://www.antiquated.co.uk/showimag...6_ottoman1.jpg

Sheelagh"o"

Old July 21st 07, 07:32 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Matthew

"CatNipped" wrote in message
"cybercat" wrote in message

[...]

That is It I have 10 boxes; that I clean almost every other day. My
employees get irked when I come in and tell them to load a pallet of cat
litter in the back of my F-150. I don't know what they get mad about I have
to unload it myself.
I think I have spoiled my furballs. I go to a local store called Publix
they have cheaper prices on temptations and other cat food than I do. So I
buy a case of food at a time people look at me like I am nuts. I tell them
I love my furballs what is your excuse.

I won't be able to do that for much longer. I guess I will become a
Wal-Mart shopper and get on of their store clerks to load it for me ;-)