Just For The Records

Old June 13th 05, 07:59 AM

From: "The Poet via CatKB.com"

Philip's cat is defective,
and he may take him back.
Bigbadbarry solves problems,
with a kick and a smack.

Will you two just **** OFF,
and I know this sounds bitter,
But please go the way,
of some well used cat litter!

ROTFLMAO! That was great! If I were a different kinda of guy, I'd ask you
to marry me!

Phil

Old June 13th 05, 02:04 PM
Mary

From: "The Poet via CatKB.com"

Everyone! Everyone!
Everyone be nice!

Sweet as sugar and apple-spice
Finger lickin', cuddly-coo

That is what you all should do!

snip

So I'm reading this newsgroup,
and I see in these threads,
Crap from Philip - The Asshole,
and bigbadbarry- The Braindead.

I see them plaster this group,
with their own defecation,
And I wish they'd shut-up,
or take their medication.

And while Philip's devoid,
of human emotion,
Bigbadbarry just wants,
to create a commotion.

Philip's cat is defective,
and he may take him back.
Bigbadbarry solves problems,
with a kick and a smack.

Will you two just **** OFF,
and I know this sounds bitter,
But please go the way,
of some well used cat litter!

*applause!*

And the crowd went wild!!!

Brilliant.

Old June 13th 05, 02:53 PM
Catnipped

From: "The Poet via CatKB.com"

Everyone! Everyone!
[...]

ROTFLMAO - best one yet Nomen! Thanks!!

Hugs,

CatNipped

Old June 13th 05, 03:18 PM

"Phil P." wrote:

wrote in message
roups.com...

Good suggestions. Phil talked about something like that once, a type of
tubing, and described in detail what to buy, and how to put them on the
cords. Maybe he'll repost that and save me from googling. I have a
friend who makes "scrunchies" for her lamp cords. They're more
attractive, if you care about such things, and her cats lost interest
in the cords once they were covered with fabric. May not deter other
cats though.

I mentioned automotive vacuum hosing because it has very thick walls (to
protect it from high engine temps) and its very flexible. Simple cut a slit
down the length of the hose and wrap it over the wires. No need to
disconnect the wires. Also, since the hose comes in a wide range of inside
diameters (from 1/8" to 1"), you can place several wires inside of one hose.

The hose is sold by the foot, so, you can cut it to size easily with an
X-acto knife or Dahle sissors.

Phil

A simple quick fix for a short piece of cord is to crush a 2" wide
strip of tinfoil around the cord.

-mhd
Old June 13th 05, 04:12 PM
Philip

From: "The Poet via CatKB.com"

Everyone! Everyone!
Everyone be nice!

Sweet as sugar and apple-spice
Finger lickin', cuddly-coo

That is what you all should do!

snip

So I'm reading this newsgroup,
and I see in these threads,

snip

Kill file with others of you ilk.

-----

Old June 13th 05, 04:56 PM
Phil P.

"KellyH" wrote in message
"Elle" wrote
What do you advise a person who is told by two, independent competent

vets
that the bills for his/her cat will run over $5000 in the next year for
the
disease the cat has; the cat may not live beyond a year; the person

can't
afford the $5000 without jeopardizing her recently diagnosed asthmatic
son's
health, but reasons that, with the $200 s/he does have, she can

euthanize
the first cat and adopt two new cats?

That would be an unhealthy cat. There is a difference between an

unhealthy
cat that has an uncertain future and not much chance to recover, and a
perfectly healthy, but disabled cat (blind, deaf, missing a leg, etc) that
can lead a pretty normal life.

Why do people always have to bring up these Sophie's Choice scenarios?

Don't know- sounds like a Nathan to me. This is almost as bad as the 'death
or declaw' scenarios.

Phil

Old June 13th 05, 05:04 PM

"daddypop" wrote:

wrote:

A simple quick fix for a short piece of cord is to crush a 2" wide
strip of tinfoil around the cord.

-mhd

I think the shiny would attrack the cat, and then the cat will eat on
the foil, we all know what happens when cats eat foil; they ****
tinsel.

or did you steel the idea from DUMP DECOR?

Hey numb nuts - most cats do not like foil. It is often used as a
deterrent to jumping on furniture. Now go bite a piece yourself and
tell me how it felt.

As for decor you do not see many visible cords in our place but then
again your wife didn't apply her magic to it either.

-mhd
Old June 13th 05, 07:33 PM
Joe Canuck

bigbadbarry wrote:

Phil Sent Me an email.

Get over it.

A while ago Phil and I had a "discussion" regarding pet food and while
he may not always be the epitome of diplomacy, his heart and mind is
certainly in the right place when it comes to the well-being of our
furry friends... and I respect that along with his knowledge regarding
felines.

Old June 13th 05, 09:15 PM
Cheryl

On Sun 12 Jun 2005 11:00:29p, KellyH wrote in
rec.pets.cats.health+behav
):

"Cheryl" wrote
If we're still referring to the shebang, its a line in a shell
script (UNIX) but I didn't see where it fit the conversation.
LOL

It was "female logic". Have you ever heard that? I Googled it
and got a few references, but it does seem to be an antiquated
term.

I never claimed I could follow his posts anyway. Its all a bunch of
gibberish.

--
Cheryl

"The clever cat eats cheese and breathes down rat holes with baited
breath."
- W.C. Fields