Boyfriend Update (long)

Old January 16th 06, 05:45 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Default Boyfriend Update (long)

I stayed up until 3.30 a.m. with the lad last night just to keep an eye on
him. This was probably unnecessary as he settled down to sleep at about
9.30 and was still fast asleep in the same place when I got up this morning.
He seems absolutely fine, eating, drinking and acting normally. When I got
home from work tonight he was waiting at the front door for me with all his
white parts sparkling clean. He can go in and out at will via the back
entrance to the house 24/7, but he does so like to "meet & greet" me after
I've been out, even on a weekend when I've just been shopping or for a walk.
I had a good look around this morning where the fight seemed to have taken
place in case I could find tufts of fur to give me a clue who the culprit
might have been, but I couldn't find anything at all.
I've been wondering if the old intact tom I mentioned before paid a visit.
He is so much like Boyfie, they are almost clones. The first time I saw him
walking down the garden away from me, I thought it *was* Boyfie for a
moment, but he walked in a totally different way and when he turned for a
second to look at me, his head was absolutely huge.

I saw him again about three weeks ago as I drew up into my drive in the car.
He was meatloafing in the adjoining next-door drive. It was getting dusk
and I really thought it was Boyfie waiting for me because as he glanced
towards me I saw that he had the exact same nosie-mark!
He ran off across the road when I got out of the car in that arched-back,
tail dangling way that old cats have. Do you understand what I mean by
this?
Boyfie was snoozing on the spare bed at the time ;-)

After reflection, I don't think it was The Enemy. Well, sure he did bully
Boyfriend for a while, even going so far as to come into the house after
him, but Kitty chased him up the kitchen wall in the middle of the night,
yes, really! and he has somehow lost his appetite for entering our house
now, I can't think why. They seem to have come to a mutually acceptable
agreement now: you keep out of my territory, and I'll keep out of yours.

I shall, of course, still watch Boyfie carefully in case he starts to limp
or show any other signs of injury. I now think the blood was not his after
all and the shock he seemed to be in afterwards was due to the violence of
the encounter because he is such a gentle soul.

Thanks so much for the purrs everyone. Boyfie sez fangu too. He's out on
rat patrol at the moment after polishing his supper dish. He's beginning to
get a bit "fluffy." I'll have to watch this.

Tweed

Old January 16th 06, 05:58 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Christina Websell wrote:
[...]

So, maybe Boyfie met his father? I'm so glad he's OK. :-)
--
Adrian (Owned by Snoopy and Bagheera)
A House is not a home, without a cat.

Old January 16th 06, 06:01 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Thanks so much for the purrs everyone. Boyfie sez fangu too. He's out on
rat patrol at the moment after polishing his supper dish. He's beginning to
get a bit "fluffy." I'll have to watch this.

Tweed

I'm so glad that he's all right! I've been thinking about him since I
heard about the fight.

You go, Boyfie! That's quite a heroic kitty you've got there, defending
his home and hoomin from whatever intruder that was.

Dan
Old January 16th 06, 09:39 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

so happy to hear BoyFriend is fine and no worse for the wear. Thanks for the
update.
Lily & her mama

--

Irulan
from the stars we come

Old January 16th 06, 10:44 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Christina Websell wrote:

I stayed up until 3.30 a.m. with the lad last night just to keep an eye on
him. This was probably unnecessary as he settled down to sleep at about
9.30 and was still fast asleep in the same place when I got up this morning.
He seems absolutely fine, eating, drinking and acting normally. snip

What a relief!
Purrs and best wishes,
Polonca and Soncek

Old January 16th 06, 10:52 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

I'm glad Boyfie seems to be ok. Purrs for his contiued health.
Suz&Spicey

Old January 16th 06, 11:42 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Christina Websell wrote:

I've been wondering if the old intact tom I mentioned before paid a visit.
He is so much like Boyfie, they are almost clones. The first time I saw him
walking down the garden away from me, I thought it *was* Boyfie for a
moment

I saw him again about three weeks ago as I drew up into my drive in the car.
He was meatloafing in the adjoining next-door drive. It was getting dusk
and I really thought it was Boyfie waiting for me because as he glanced
towards me I saw that he had the exact same nosie-mark!

Could he be Boyfie's dad?

I'm glad that Boyfie's doing better today!

Joyce
Old January 17th 06, 03:16 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Christina Websell wrote:
. He seems absolutely fine, eating, drinking and acting
normally. When I got home from work tonight he was waiting at the
front door for me with all his white parts sparkling clean.

case I could find tufts of fur to give me a clue who the culprit
might have been, but I couldn't find anything at all.

Thanks so much for the purrs everyone. Boyfie sez fangu too. He's
out on rat patrol at the moment after polishing his supper dish.
He's beginning to get a bit "fluffy." I'll have to watch this.

Tweed

Been away so don't know if anyone suggested this, (I'm so glad he's
okay now and doing well) but do you think the blood on him could
have been because he caught (maybe ate) a rat or one of those
vole things (I have no idea what a vole is but it sure sounds ratlike
from Waffly's descriptions) that night, and was just upset/worn out
maybe because the rodent was large and fought back?
I've been hoping perhaps it wasn't *cat* blood after all.
What do you think?

Old January 17th 06, 04:01 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Glad to hear this!!

Old January 17th 06, 05:05 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Christina Websell wrote:
I stayed up until 3.30 a.m. with the lad last night just to keep an eye on
him. This was probably unnecessary as he settled down to sleep at about
9.30 and was still fast asleep in the same place when I got up this morning.
He seems absolutely fine, eating, drinking and acting normally.

So glad that he seems to have escaped scot-free from whatever
altercation he was in. Give him a scritch from me (if he'll have it) for
being such a brave defender of his home.

marina (dot) kurten (at) iki (dot) fi