HELP!!! OT and desperate

Old November 20th 07, 09:21 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
tanadashoes

Default HELP!!! OT and desperate

Maybe not fully OT, as it involves the comfort of the owners. Due to
financial poblems, we got behind on our mortgage. We were in the
wrong, but couldn't help it. The VA housing dpartment was fantastic
in helping us re-do the mortgage on the house.

In March I sent the mortgage company $3200 to cover the costs of the
re-finance. As you may remember, I was in the hospital on June 1. I
didn't worry about the mortgage payment because we requested that it
be automatically removed from the bank account as it had been in the
past. At the end of the month, we received a letter stating that the
mortage company would not be applying the auto pay that we'd requested
as the re-finance had not been posted at that time.

I called Wells Fargo and talked with a young woman who assured me that
the June payment had come from the $3200 I'd given them. She also
told me that the payment amount was $658 and I was pleased with her
professionalism and gladly payed the amount due for July.

Fast forward to this month. I'm trying to make the mortgage payment
and am told that we are three months in arrears and that Wells Fargo
will not accept anything less than the almost $3000 that they claim we
owe them. I've been on the phone with them every day for over a week
now trying to get this straightened out.

Gang, I hate to ask for help, but I really need it. Purrs, Prayers,
Visa, Cash, Check. Anything you can do to help us keep our house and
prevent us from all having to live in the van would be appreciated. I
am so desperate.

Pam S
Old November 20th 07, 10:10 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown

tanadashoes wrote:
I called Wells Fargo and talked with a young woman who assured me that
the June payment had come from the $3200 I'd given them. She also
told me that the payment amount was $658 and I was pleased with her
professionalism and gladly payed the amount due for July.

Fast forward to this month. I'm trying to make the mortgage payment
and am told that we are three months in arrears and that Wells Fargo
will not accept anything less than the almost $3000 that they claim we
owe them. I've been on the phone with them every day for over a week
now trying to get this straightened out.

Gang, I hate to ask for help, but I really need it. Purrs, Prayers,
Visa, Cash, Check. Anything you can do to help us keep our house and
prevent us from all having to live in the van would be appreciated. I
am so desperate.

Pam S

Pam, I surely wish I could do something to help you. Mega purrs enroute and
candles lit for this horrible mistake to be cleared up ASAP.

To all others... whatever it is, if it involves money get it in writing!
When the nice young woman from insert company name here tells you
everything is fine, *demand* confirmation of the details in writing.
E-mail, snail mail, whatever. AND email *them* with your understanding and
request confirmation. These days all financial institutions have a "contact
us" link on their web sites.

When I lost my job I had insurance on a particular credit card. When I
tried to use that insurance to get my payments waived I was told I hadn't
notified them of my unemployment within the period specified in the
contract. BULL****! I had notified them via email and saved a copy of the
email. I received an acknowledgement from them.

So I disputed their claim denial and went through a rather prolonged process
trying to get them to honor the terms of their own contract. It was
agonizing and worrisome but in the end I prevailed.

Jill

Old November 20th 07, 10:30 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Krista

On Nov 20, 4:21 pm, tanadashoes wrote:

(snippage of nightmare)

Gang, I hate to ask for help, but I really need it. Purrs, Prayers,
Visa, Cash, Check. Anything you can do to help us keep our house and
prevent us from all having to live in the van would be appreciated. I
am so desperate.

Pam S

Pam, please post your address, if you don't mind, or e-mail me at
arbitrarilyyours at hotmail dot com. I will help as much as
possible. I'm glad I decided to take a lurking break from work!

--
Krista
Old November 20th 07, 11:28 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

Gang, I hate to ask for help, but I really need it. Purrs, Prayers,
Visa, Cash, Check. Anything you can do to help us keep our house and
prevent us from all having to live in the van would be appreciated. I
am so desperate.

Pam S

You have all our purrs, prayers and good thoughts for this nightmare
to be resolved. Can I have your snail mail address please? Via my
usual email is fine.

Thinking of you. {{{PAM}}}

Helen M

Old November 20th 07, 11:40 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Kalynnda Berens

snip

Pam S

Pam, I don't remember which state you are in, but look for Legal Aid.
Getting a lawyer on your side (for free) usually helps a lot when
talking with financial institutions.

If you feel that things happened in bad faith, I'd let the local media
know. Husband with brain cancer, wife with flesh eating bacteria,
misunderstandings, and a financial institution that is not playing nice,
is the kind of story local news stations just love.

Sorry that all this is happening. May the God and Goddess send bounty
your way (and to Mark, as well). Bast, pour your blessings on those who
care for your neglected and abandoned children.

Hugs
Kalynnda
Old November 20th 07, 11:52 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jofirey

"tanadashoes" wrote in message
Maybe not fully OT, as it involves the comfort of the owners. Due to
financial poblems, we got behind on our mortgage. We were in the
wrong, but couldn't help it. The VA housing dpartment was fantastic
in helping us re-do the mortgage on the house.

I'm so sorry you are being put through this. Earlier this year my daughter
lost her house in similar circumstances.

I would think the mortgage companies would try just a bit harder to keep
people in their homes, especially with the shape the market is in now.

Parts of California are just horrible, rows of houses empty. The news just
talks about the monetary part, but I have to wonder where all these people
are living now? Wouldn't the mortgage companies be better with families
still in the houses and paying something?

Extra strong purrs from our lot for this to be resolved to your benefit.

Jo

Old November 21st 07, 01:09 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
mlbriggs

On Tue, 20 Nov 2007 19:34:18 -0500, Mishi wrote:

On Tue, 20 Nov 2007 13:21:29 -0800 (PST), tanadashoes
wrote:

[quoted text muted]

Hi Pam,

My company deals with Wells Fargo for furniture purchases, and they truly
have their heads stuffed where they can only breathe methane. They are
constantly losing paperwork, and they wait until a couple of months to go
by before notifying us that they need it resent. My coworker has learned
to make multiple copies and keep them in a very accessable file, just to
save her time and aggravation.

How was the 3200.00 sent? Cash, personal check, money order, etc? Start
asking questions, and demand a full accounting of where exactly that money
went! Make a stink, be a b*tch, and start climbing through the personell
chain till you get to the top, if necessary. Did you call them using an
800 number? If not, can you get your phone bill from that time to prove
that you called and how long the call lasted. Can the VA housing
department help you wade through the incompetence of Wells Fargo's
management?

They are in the wrong, and definitely make sure that they know you are
going to get to the bottom of the problem.

Purrs are being sent by all!

Mishi

Does your local TV station have a "Problem Solver" program? This might
be worth checking out. MLB

Old November 21st 07, 06:03 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Marina

tanadashoes wrote:
Gang, I hate to ask for help, but I really need it. Purrs, Prayers,
Visa, Cash, Check. Anything you can do to help us keep our house and
prevent us from all having to live in the van would be appreciated. I
am so desperate.

Wish I could do more, but am definitely sending the strongest purrs we
can muster. What a horrific situation.

Old November 21st 07, 09:51 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Kathryn[_2_]

[...]

I will be thinking of you and sending borrowed purrs from the neighbours
cat! I have worked in banking for a few years now, my best advice is to
always keep track of names dates and times of staff that you speak to, and
brief details of the conversation even if it seems insignificant. I hope
they sort this out for you soon.

Kathryn

Two Desperate Abys in SC Pat Cat anecdotes 4 March 14th 07 06:20 AM
(OT) I'm desperate Pat Cat anecdotes 39 November 10th 05 09:36 AM
Desperate Housecat badwilson Cat anecdotes 3 July 16th 05 05:25 PM
Desperate for Advice on New Cat vs. Old Cat bchapp3182 Cats - misc 8 September 30th 04 08:29 PM
I was getting desperate John Biltz Cat anecdotes 23 January 5th 04 02:05 AM