Free PediPaws

Old December 3rd 08, 12:31 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
CatNipped[_2_]

Default Free PediPaws

I wanted a "Peticure" for nail trimming, but I didn't want to spend $30 on
it. So when Ben saw a "Pedipaws"
(http://www.pedipaws.com/?directLoad&...171D5BB4B56DBE )
or
http://tinyurl.com/5umfn8
at Wal-Mart for $20 he got it for me. To be honest, although it works OK,
I don't really like it. The hole in the guard is a bit big and the filing
head is a bit too far away from the surrounding guard. Also, it took a
while to file the claw down. But it does work.

But when I saw that the "Petite Peticure" was on sale for $14.95, I decided
to order one online. Actually, with tax, shipping and handling, and the
"free" supply of extra filing heads it came up to $33 anyway, but I'd
already got Ben's OK to get it, so I order it. It came in the mail today
and I like it a lot better.

So, if anyone would like the "Pedipaws" nail trimmer I'll send it to the
first one who emails me his/her address. I won't guarantee satisfaction,
but hey, it's free. I think it would be great for a d*g, the larger claw
would fit better and they have more patience with having their paws handled.

I won't be checking email tonight - I'm having a bad pain day and I'm going
to bed - but I'll check it tomorrow morning and will use the timestamp to
figure out who got it to me first.

--

Hugs,

CatNipped

Old December 3rd 08, 01:07 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Jofirey

"CatNipped" wrote in message

I think it would be great for a d*g, the larger claw
would fit better and they have more patience with having their paws
handled.

Someone needs to explain that to my daughters dog. She is the worst
I've ever seen about having her feet even touched, let alone getting
her nails trimmed.

It does sound like a very good offer for anyone who has wanted to try
it.

Jo

Old December 3rd 08, 01:48 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Magic Mood Jeep ©

Jofirey wrote:
"CatNipped" wrote in message

I think it would be great for a d*g, the larger claw
would fit better and they have more patience with having their paws
handled.

Someone needs to explain that to my daughters dog. She is the worst
I've ever seen about having her feet even touched, let alone getting
her nails trimmed.

It does sound like a very good offer for anyone who has wanted to try
it.

Jo

We use a Dremel tool. We figured why shell out bucks for something that
can only be used on the pet (due to the guard/shield around the trimming
head), when we can get something we can use around the house for other
things, so we spent $50 on a cordless Dremel tool, with different
attachments. Annie (the dog) was afraid of it at first, so we just used
it on other things around her, and she got used to it. Then we tried it
on her paw - she struggled a tad bit at first, but soon realized that
this thing didn't hurt her (not like using clippers to trim her nail -
that was a wrestling match every time! Even at TED's!), and now we can
use it while we're on the sofa, watching TV, and Annie will roll over on
her back and just lay there like she's getting lurved on. She does get a
bit antsy about it after a bit, but that may be because the high-speed
filing action of it creates a heat that's mildly uncomfortable, plus the
feel of the vibration of it may be kind of weird. She keeps her back
claws short herself when she charges out the back door to chase all the
"Timmies"* out of the yard, so we've only done her front with it. We
don't use it on the cats - no way will any of them tolerate any kind of
claw trimming!

*Timmie = any critter squirrel, rabbit or neighbors cat, that Annie must
protect our yard from - and there's the imaginary ones too. Funniest
one was the opossum - they freeze and don't run - Annie doesn't know
what to do when they don't run! She just stood there and stared at it
and was waiting for it to run, but of course it didn't (not even when DH
& I went out there!)... poor Annie

her wipe out Bunny's world domination.
--
The ONE and ONLY
Old December 3rd 08, 01:53 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

Magic Mood Jeep ? wrote:

We use a Dremel tool. We figured why shell out bucks for something that
can only be used on the pet (due to the guard/shield around the trimming
head), when we can get something we can use around the house for other
things, so we spent $50 on a cordless Dremel tool, with different
attachments.

Really? A Dremel tool has an attachment that can file a dog's claws?
Cool!

Is this like that thing I've seen advertised where the person kind of
rolls the gadget around the tip of the dog's claw? (That commercial also
shows someone filing a cat's claw with that thing - yeah, right!)

--
Joyce ^..^

Old December 3rd 08, 04:46 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
CatNipped[_2_]

Default Free PediPaws - Sent

I mailed it this morning.

Hugs,

CatNipped

Old December 3rd 08, 07:57 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
EvelynVogtGamble(Divamanque)

I've been considering getting one of those, since I see them advertised
on TV, and most of my gadget catalogs offer them. Hadn't yet gotten
around to posting an inquiry here to see if any of you had experience
with them. (I have my doubts about how well Melisande - the one most in
need of its services - would react.) Maybe I can piggy-back here to
find out what others think of them (and the best kind available, since
there are apparently more than one.)

Old December 3rd 08, 08:09 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
CatNipped[_2_]

m...
I've been considering getting one of those, since I see them advertised on
TV, and most of my gadget catalogs offer them. Hadn't yet gotten around
to posting an inquiry here to see if any of you had experience with them.
(I have my doubts about how well Melisande - the one most in need of its
services - would react.) Maybe I can piggy-back here to find out what
others think of them (and the best kind available, since there are
apparently more than one.)

I like the Peticure since it has an adjustable guard for different claw
sizes (less chance of the claw slipping sideways and catching in the rotary
file head), and the file head is closer to the surrounding guard (so you
don't have to push the claw as deep into the hole - again less chance of
injury). All mine tolerate it very well except for Sammy - but then Sammy
won't let us clip her claws or brush her without an all-out fight to the
death.

Hugs,

CatNipped

)

Old December 3rd 08, 09:01 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

m...
I've been considering getting one of those, since I see them advertised on
TV, and most of my gadget catalogs offer them. Hadn't yet gotten around
to posting an inquiry here to see if any of you had experience with them.
(I have my doubts about how well Melisande - the one most in need of its
services - would react.) Maybe I can piggy-back here to find out what
others think of them (and the best kind available, since there are
apparently more than one.)

I use a human nail-trimmer, the clipper sort you can get for for your
fingernails and toenails for KFC. It costs far less and works perfectly. It
can only be done when Auntie June is visiting though as it take two people
to keep her still enough ;-)
Boyfie doesn't seem to need his claws trimming, when he is outside I often
see him standing on his hind legs and clawing a tree, so I guess he does it
himself.

Tweed

Old December 3rd 08, 09:44 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
RWF

"CatNipped" wrote in message
I think it would be great for a d*g, the larger claw would fit better
and they have more patience with having their paws handled.

My male cat acts like I'm trying to amputate his toes whenever it's time
to do his nails.
The female thinks it's a day at the salon and patiently holds still
while I clip her nails!

Old December 4th 08, 10:40 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
EvelynVogtGamble(Divamanque)

CatNipped wrote:
m...
[...]

I'm afraid that describes Melisande, also - my neighbors in California
used to help with the claw clipping, but with two of us holding her and
one wielding the clippers, it was still an uphill battle. I'd been
taking her to PetsMart, but not all of them here have licensed cat
groomers, and I find I haven't nearly the strength I once did, so
carrying her to and from the car becomes more and more difficult. (She
hasn't gained that much weight, I've just grow weaker with age.)