Hopitus is right (OT)

Old January 31st 09, 07:55 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Lesley

Default Hopitus is right (OT)

Posted this via CatKB but anyway.....

The envelope was waiting on Thursday night-......White with an NHS
logo and the words "Important health information inside" I knew it
contained my mammogram result.....Over the last couple of days I had
been getting worried half convinced myself I was being recalled . I
even started to think they weren't telling me til next week so I could
have a few more days before they called me in for major surgery etc..

Yeah okay I am paranoid but I am starting to feel like an angel of
death...it seems to be all around me at the moment. A friend killed
himself in November then Kili died then my aunt then two days after
her funeral I heard a friend died in Africa- apparently a snake bite
but we're not sure. Last week Simon told me he'd lost two friends to
cancer in 3 days both of them younger than he was. On Thursday Hugh
informed me that one of the regulars in the "Black Lion" had dropped
down dead at home and the old Scottish guy who lived over the pub was
found dead on Tuesday after having not been seen since Saturday....and
I called my brother today and he told me that one of his under-21
rugby team he trains was found dead in bed on Thursday....

I was waiting to be next but as Hopitus says "negative" is a good word
in radiology I am in the clear!

Thanks to everyone for advice etc
And thanks to the Grim Reaper for not tapping my shoulder just
yet...need to be sure Dave can actually get to the shops for cat food,
etc before I can shuffle off this mortal coil

Lesley

Slave of the Fabulous Furballs
Old January 31st 09, 08:32 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Joy

"Lesley" wrote in message
[...]

Whew! I'm glad you got the all clear.

Joy

Old January 31st 09, 09:24 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Adrian[_2_]

Lesley wrote:
Posted this via CatKB but anyway.....

snip
It looks like you're wasting your time posting CatKB. I'm glad you posted
again and that your results were negative. I can understand you getting
paranoid it seems people are dying all round, my step grandmother died
today. :-(
Cats leave pawprints on your heart

Old January 31st 09, 09:40 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

Adrian wrote:

Lesley wrote:

Posted this via CatKB but anyway.....

snip
It looks like you're wasting your time posting CatKB.

I guess she's not, since we can all see it...

--
Joyce ^..^

Old January 31st 09, 11:35 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Baird Stafford

In article ,
"Adrian" wrote:

It looks like you're wasting your time posting CatKB. I'm glad you posted
again and that your results were negative. I can understand you getting
paranoid it seems people are dying all round, my step grandmother died
today. :-(

I've come to the reluctant conclusion that at least *some* of this is
due to the fact that those of us who joined usenet before AOL did are
getting no younger at a rapid pace - which means that the people we love
or with whom we are acquainted are keeping up with us.

Which does nothing to lessen the shock when it's someone under
twenty-one, of course....

Baird

--
Instead, our congressmen talk to and about Rush Limbaugh
like Old Bolsheviks praising Comrade Stalin at their
Old February 1st 09, 10:54 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Adrian[_2_]

Baird Stafford wrote:
In article ,
"Adrian" wrote:

It looks like you're wasting your time posting CatKB. I'm glad you
posted again and that your results were negative. I can understand
you getting paranoid it seems people are dying all round, my step
grandmother died today. :-(

I've come to the reluctant conclusion that at least *some* of this is
due to the fact that those of us who joined usenet before AOL did are
getting no younger at a rapid pace - which means that the people we
love or with whom we are acquainted are keeping up with us.

Which does nothing to lessen the shock when it's someone under
twenty-one, of course....

Baird

Thinking about it, I have several friends in their eighties, where does the
time go?
Cats leave pawprints on your heart

Old February 5th 09, 07:15 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Ginger-lyn[_2_]

Lesley wrote:
[...]

{{{{{{{Lesley}}}}}}}

I'm sorry you have lost so many people lately; I've been in the same
boat, and it really does seem to come in waves. Hopefully, now will be
a happy, peaceful, lots of Life time for you. So glad the mammogram
turned out happy :-) (if you can ever call a mammogram "happy" - lol)

Ginger-lyn

Where is Hopitus? Pat Cat anecdotes 6 June 9th 06 02:03 AM
Ping: Hopitus Victor Martinez Cat anecdotes 3 July 25th 05 05:12 AM
PING Hopitus Monique Y. Mudama Cat anecdotes 7 May 1st 05 02:48 PM
About Hopitus Karen Chuplis Cat anecdotes 41 June 27th 04 08:53 PM
Hopitus can not be relied upon.... Julie Cook Cat anecdotes 2 January 15th 04 12:57 PM