Water, water everywhere!

Old October 23rd 05, 04:49 AM
Karen

Default Water, water everywhere!

On 2005-10-22 21:11:25 -0500, Karen AKA Kajikit said:

On Sat, 22 Oct 2005 09:50:15 -0400, Karen AKA Kajikit
wrote:
Watery photos for those interested... and no I didn't go wading
through the streets to take them - the flooding was very localised
(they say that the storm affected a two-mile area), and the path
around the building was just above the water level, as were parts of
the carpark. I think you can see it in one of the photos...
http://community.webshots.com/album/483015092DKzRxV

Wow. Imagine if a real hurricane came!

Old October 23rd 05, 07:02 AM
Marina

Victor Martinez wrote:

But Wilma is still hundreds of miles away!!! Purrs on the way.

Victor, I hope your family and friends in Mexico are OK. I hear Wilma
has been pretty destructive there.

--
Marina, Frank, Miranda and Caliban. In loving memory of Nikki.
marina (dot) kurten (at) iki (dot) fi
Old October 23rd 05, 05:58 PM
Karen AKA Kajikit

wrote:
Watery photos for those interested... and no I didn't go wading
through the streets to take them - the flooding was very localised
(they say that the storm affected a two-mile area), and the path
around the building was just above the water level, as were parts of
the carpark. I think you can see it in one of the photos...
http://community.webshots.com/album/483015092DKzRxV

Wow. Imagine if a real hurricane came!

It's coming... and we're not thrilled but we'll live with it. Right
now it looks like it's going to make a beeline for North Broward
county, which just happens to be where we live! Oh well, these things
happen and all you can do is get ready and pray...

The water went down a lot overnight because they brought on a bunch of
pumping trucks and worked them overtime. I took more photos at
lunchtime today and you can see them in my webshots album again...

--
~Karen aka Kajikit
Crafts, cats, and chocolate - the three essentials of life

[REPOST] Defeated Yowie Cat anecdotes 11 September 8th 05 11:27 PM
Smelly cat water! Beverly & Vicki via CatKB.com Cat health & behaviour 8 May 31st 05 03:14 AM
Cats, water, and chloramine Lisa Horton Cat health & behaviour 28 May 21st 04 05:00 PM
Water question TJ and The Dust Cat anecdotes 10 February 18th 04 05:51 AM
Distilled water and cats Riceps Cat health & behaviour 36 October 12th 03 04:56 PM