Nice but strange.

Old November 13th 05, 12:24 AM
Christina Websell

Default Nice but strange.

"CatNipped" wrote in message
"Helen Miles" wrote in message
news:eec70fbb93bbf302283799993d87db0e.76411@mygate .mailgate.org...
I've just had a wierd encounter. Nice, but strange. A gentleman just
came to my door, having seen Lilly-Whiskers story in the paper. He had
tracked me down because the paper had printed the street that I live in,
and he had asked a neighbour where I lived, using my photo in the paper
to ID me.

He dropped off a donation of kitten food, some kitten toys, and some
kitten buscuits. I let him meet Lilly and I *think* I have persuaded him
to volunteer for Cats Protection. *VBG*

It was strange, because this morning I was debating whether to go
shopping for more kitten food as we're running out. It was even more
strange, as I was debating whether I had enough money in my bank account
(I don't) to spend on kitten toys, or whether Lilly would have to make
do until with her ping-pong balls and bits of paper until I get paid in
2 weeks.

We had a nice chat, and he seemed very nice, even if the circumstances
*were* a little odd.

Still, I guess he subscribes to the "paying forward" idea, like I try
to. It was a very kind gesture and I was quite touched.

Helen M

"Paying it forward", "Karma", whatever you want to call it, I subscribe to
the notion that if you put good energy into the universe, somehow,
somewhere
(usually just when you need it) good energy will come back at you. You
did
a wonderful thing to help Miss Lilly Whiskers when she needed you and
someone else came along to help out just when you needed it. It's really
*not* just random kluons bouncing around that makes up our world!

Hugs,

CatNipped

I firmly believe that if you live your life well, helping where you can and
doing no harm that you will be looked after in return. Call it what you
will according to your belief. Karma, God, whatever.
I've always tried to give a little (and sometimes it's a *very* little) to
charity or someone in need
I am not particularly religious myself, but quite a large proportion of my
family are.
I haven't had a very easy life from childhood, but I won't bore you with it
and recently I've been unfortunate enough to have extremely bad health for
the last 4 or 5 years and I've had some precarious financial circumstances
because of it.
I shouldn't have feared. When I was wondering how to pay the next bill I
had a huge rebate from my telephone company, I hadn't made enough phone
calls over the year to take up anywhere near my monthly payment apparently.
Phew!
The next time I needed some money to pay for my car my gas company sent me
an unexpected rebate too and that just about paid for it except for a few £.

Just before I needed to returned to work after my latest health crisis, the
ovarian thing (don't want to say the word..) running out of sick pay I was
going to go back before I was recovered, I received a wonderful and
unexpected gift of money which enabled me to stay at home long enough to
recover a bit better and get myself something I've always wanted.
Make of it what you will.

Tweed

Old November 13th 05, 01:24 AM
Enfilade

I've just had a wierd encounter. Nice, but strange. A gentleman just
came to my door, having seen Lilly-Whiskers story in the paper.

I remember in Kingston I had a friend who worked in a Metaphysical
shop. She complained about cats pooping in the Zen garden but then
they found the pooper... a poor tiny longhair, about six months old,
homeless and starving. Unable to take the cat home, the shopowner gave
her a home /in the store/, and took her to the vet for spaying and
shots. Now she is sleek, with her food bowls and toys permanent
fixtures in the shop, and many startled passersby mistaking her for a
statue in the front window until she moves! Her name is Shakti, and
shortly after her adoption I took the shopowner some toys for her,
because I knew they were stretching their business budget for a "shop
cat".

--Fil

Old November 13th 05, 09:56 AM
Jeanette

Helen Miles wrote in message
news:eec70fbb93bbf302283799993d87db0e.76411@mygate .mailgate.org...

He dropped off a donation of kitten food, some kitten toys, and some
kitten buscuits. I let him meet Lilly and I *think* I have persuaded him
to volunteer for Cats Protection. *VBG*

Triply excellent, Lilly gets new toys, you get renewed faith in human
nature, and CPL gets another volunteer Well done.

Jeanette