Purr Request

Old November 21st 06, 09:44 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Julie and Sam

Default Purr Request - SECOND UPDATE

MatSav wrote:

Indeed. The vet says an X-ray of the larynx shows a lump in the
throat. They want to do an ultrasound tomorrow (Monday), before
deciding what course of action to take.

The Power of Purr does it again!

The vet, Mr Clark, 'scoped the throat and stomach. Nothing too serious
there - just a bit inflamed and probably sore. He doesn't want to biopsy
the oesophagus, because that's very painful, apparently.

He found an abscess in the bone of the lower jaw, which he drained and
scraped to encourage healing. One of the upper canine (feline?) teeth
had been pressing on and through the lower gum and jaw, which is
probably where the infection set in - so he's filed that tooth down a bit!

She's awake after her anaesthetic, and eating again :-)

She _may_ be able to come home tomorrow :-))

PS - I know this is a little cheeky, but can I have some "job purrs" for
my brother please? He's a freelance writer, and really needs some work.
Anybody got any commissions?

Thanks again,

Purrs and gentle headbutts on the way for Mr. Clark and commission purrs
for your brother.

Julie, Hobbes, Sam, Lacey and Barnabus

Old November 21st 06, 10:26 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Adrian A

Default Purr Request - THIRD UPDATE

MatSav" "matthew | dot | savage | at | dsl | dot | pipex | dot | com
wrote:

Mrs Cat is home :-)

Laying in my arms and purring up a storm for everyone else who needs
them :-) :-)

I'm so very glad to hear it! :-)
--
Adrian (Owned by Snoopy and Bagheera)
Cats leave pawprints on your heart.

Old November 22nd 06, 03:43 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Sam

MatSav wrote:
Marina wrote:
MatSav wrote:

The Power of Purr does it again!

The vet, Mr Clark, 'scoped the throat and stomach. Nothing too
serious there - just a bit inflamed and probably sore. He doesn't
want to biopsy the oesophagus, because that's very painful, apparently.

He found an abscess in the bone of the lower jaw, which he drained
and scraped to encourage healing. One of the upper canine (feline?)
teeth had been pressing on and through the lower gum and jaw, which
is probably where the infection set in - so he's filed that tooth
down a bit!

She's awake after her anaesthetic, and eating again :-)

She _may_ be able to come home tomorrow :-))

Purrs for her jaw to heal well, and that she can come home today.

Mrs Cat is home :-)

Yay! WTG, Mrs Cat

Laying in my arms and purring up a storm for everyone else who needs
them :-) :-)

Two weeks of 'palatable' antibiotics - Cyclaspurin, or something like
that. I have to take her back in a week, to see if it's healing well.

The vet showed me the X-ray - there is a lump in her throat, but that
doesn't seem to have been the problem. She's eating and drinking again.
He still wants to try and find out what the lump is :-(

Purrs for your brother to get a commission. And then another one. And
then another one.

Thanks Marina!

Purrs that it's not serious.

--
Sam, closely supervised by Mistletoe
Old November 22nd 06, 05:12 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Marina

MatSav wrote:

Mrs Cat is home :-)

Laying in my arms and purring up a storm for everyone else who needs
them :-) :-)

Aww, she must be very happy to be home with her Paw.

Two weeks of 'palatable' antibiotics - Cyclaspurin, or something like
that. I have to take her back in a week, to see if it's healing well.

The vet showed me the X-ray - there is a lump in her throat, but that
doesn't seem to have been the problem. She's eating and drinking again.
He still wants to try and find out what the lump is :-(

Purrs that it turns out to be nothing serious.

Old November 23rd 06, 12:38 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Lesley

MatSav wrote:

Mrs Cat is home :-)

WONDERFUL NEWS!

Lesley

Slave of the Fabulous Furballs

Old November 23rd 06, 12:38 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Lesley

Old November 24th 06, 06:11 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Baha via CatKB.com

Default Purr Request

Get-better purrs a-coming!

Blessed be,
Baha

MatSav wrote:
Mrs Cat is poorly.

11-years-old, she's been off her food, and would only lick rather than
chew. She was salivating and dribbling so much that the fur on her chin
was becoming matted.

She's had teeth problems before, so I took her to the vet. They haven't
found anything wrong with her mouth, but she is dehydrated. They've put
her on a drip, and are taking blood tests and X-rays. I'd like some
collective Purrs from the Group please. Pretty please, with catnip
leaves on top?

Thanks,

Old November 24th 06, 06:13 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Matthew

Happy Dance

wrote in message ...
Marina wrote:
MatSav wrote:

The Power of Purr does it again!

The vet, Mr Clark, 'scoped the throat and stomach. Nothing too serious
there - just a bit inflamed and probably sore. He doesn't want to biopsy
the oesophagus, because that's very painful, apparently.

He found an abscess in the bone of the lower jaw, which he drained and
scraped to encourage healing. One of the upper canine (feline?) teeth
had been pressing on and through the lower gum and jaw, which is
probably where the infection set in - so he's filed that tooth down a
bit!

She's awake after her anaesthetic, and eating again :-)

She _may_ be able to come home tomorrow :-))

Purrs for her jaw to heal well, and that she can come home today.

Mrs Cat is home :-)

Laying in my arms and purring up a storm for everyone else who needs them
:-) :-)

Two weeks of 'palatable' antibiotics - Cyclaspurin, or something like
that. I have to take her back in a week, to see if it's healing well.

The vet showed me the X-ray - there is a lump in her throat, but that
doesn't seem to have been the problem. She's eating and drinking again. He
still wants to try and find out what the lump is :-(

Purrs for your brother to get a commission. And then another one. And
then another one.

Thanks Marina!

--
MatSav

purr request from Yowie Tish Silberbauer Cat anecdotes 35 May 22nd 06 09:25 PM
Human Purr Request Pamela Shirk Cat anecdotes 35 March 29th 06 05:15 PM
Purr request Shirley Cat anecdotes 17 June 13th 05 05:06 PM
Purr request (long) Elise Cat anecdotes 59 November 26th 04 02:09 AM
Purrs on the way for Frank's surgery Sam Nash Cat anecdotes 36 October 28th 04 10:36 PM