Goodbye, dear friend

Old September 12th 03, 04:35 AM
Rick

Default Goodbye, dear friend

Dan and Nancy Mahoney wrote in
:

It's been 4 months since the passing of Miss DD, but I feel the
need to post a tribute to her now.

DD cat, you were a beauty. Your lovely shades of grey, the
lovely rings around your tail, your soft, soft coat - you were
one of the most beautiful kitties I've ever known.

Watching you enjoy the bathtub faucet drips was so rewarding.
That you enjoyed so much satisfaction from such a simple act was
heartwarming. You were the only cat I've ever known who actually
enjoyed getting wet.

When we almost lost you in 2000 to CRF, we came to appreciate
how truly important you were to us. Your determination to make
it through that ordeal was inspiring. As difficult as it was for
us to take you in to the vet for hydration, we know that it was
much more difficult for you. We greatly appreciate the patience
and tolerance you showed in your last month, as we stumbled
through learning how to administer sub-Q fluids.

Finally, thank you for letting us kow when it was time to go.
That was one of the most painful things we've ever had to do,
but when you decided it was time to put an end to the suffering,
we had to oblige.

We loved you deeply, Miss DD, and we love you still. We also
knew quite clearly that you loved us - you communicated that
quite well. We will have more cats over the years, but nobody
will ever replace you. We both hope that your time at the
Rainbow Bridge will be warm, sun-filled, and comfortable.

Dan and Nancy

Very sweet and touching. Thanks you for posting. I certainly know
the feeling.
Old September 13th 03, 05:04 PM
The Clowder

Dan and Nancy Mahoney wrote:

It's been 4 months since the passing of Miss DD, but I feel the need to
post a tribute to her now.

snipt fur da noozsurrfur

Dat wuz a *furry* fine tribyoot, wee feeel like wee noo Miz DD a
liddull now. Cleeerly yu were all furry furrtoonit to haff met an
luffed eech offur.

Mietze
Old September 14th 03, 11:15 PM
Beverly Orel

Dan and Nancy --

It's so sad to lose a dear friend and companion. Your tribute to Miss DD
was so loving. I wish you well and know that you will always have fond
memories of your furry friend.

Even after two years, I sometimes expect to see Siggy waiting for me to go
out and bring in the morning papers. It's tough.

Beverly

Old October 4th 03, 06:15 PM
Ray or Fran

Dan/Nancy - what a lovely tribute to DD. Thank you for posting.

Fran