An idea for a mass purr day

Old September 11th 04, 12:17 AM
Takayuki

"Karen" wrote:

chin *edges* skritches. Definitely the favorite of all. They LOVE being
skritched along that jawbone line.

And the fur there is sooo soft. It's one of my favorite places to
kiss Betty.

Old September 11th 04, 03:46 AM
Steve Touchstone

On Fri, 10 Sep 2004 01:54:03 -0400, Takayuki
wrote:

Like for example, does everyone get the same sorts of reactions from
their cats when you stroke or scritch them? Betty gets elevator butt
and elevator shoulders, and stroking her cheeks makes her squint and
"smile". Also, scritching her chin makes her streeetch her neck out
like a turtle.

Don't know about many cats, since I've just had the one as a kid many
years ago and now these three, but they seem have very different
reactions. Rocky, who was untouchable for a couple years after we
first met, is the most appreciative. His eyes squint shut and he has a
look of total bliss on his face with his little tongue sticking out.
(I only have a couple pix of him, which can be found at the link in my
sig, and when I first posted the link someone wrote and asked if he
was blind. Nope, not blind, just very happy in one pic and not liking
the flash in the other.) Little Bit is a cuddle kitty who occasionally
get elevator butt, but is usually just totally relaxed and expects you
to know where to scritch. Sammy can't seem to park herself for
scritches. She walks back and forth to so of direct your hand to where
she wants it. She's getting better now though, and sometimes lays on
my chest when I'm kicked back in the recliner. Don't know if it's
because she's getting older or just the fact the fact that there's no
cigarette smoke now.
--
Steve Touchstone,

[remove Junk for email]
Home Page:

Old September 11th 04, 03:46 AM
Steve Touchstone

wrote:

[...]

It's Back TW, Purr Request badwilson Cat anecdotes 44 August 13th 04 10:34 PM
Job Purr Request Jeanne Hedge Cat anecdotes 54 July 1st 04 05:09 PM
Purr Chain Stacey Cat anecdotes 28 November 25th 03 12:26 AM
Purr Pad Kris Dockter Cat anecdotes 3 September 22nd 03 02:18 PM