I'm Sorry

Old August 2nd 08, 01:57 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Sherry

Default Love, Newsgroup Style

On Aug 1, 7:38�pm, Candace wrote:
Here's an unsolicited and I'm sure unappreciated observation from a
quasi-outsider here but a decade-long regular on rpchb. �Maybe you all
*love* each other here too much. �I see that word and similar words of
extreme affection bandied about here quite a lot. �Maybe those words
and feelings should be reserved for people you actually have IRL
relationships with. �Do you really *love* someone whose posts you have
read for a few days/weeks/months? �I mean, I have enjoyed rpchb at
times and enjoy many of the old regulars' posts there and often come
upon someone who I think I would like if I met them (but I don't
believe I ever have met anyone from rpchb, mostly because no one has
ever been local to me) but to say I *love* them, in the way that I
*love* real friends and family would be stretching it. �It's too easy
to get all hurt by someone you *love* on a newsgroup but, apparently
don't really know. �Yes, I know some of you have met and that may be
different but I think most of you have not met most of the others so
how can you possibly love each other? �I can see enjoying/loving
reading a newsgroup and having it be a hobby that you look forward to
everyday, but sheesh, *love*?

Candace-

You're getting all profound on me, Candance. Don't make my brain
implode.
But, YEAH! There are newsgroup people that I am *very* fond of. Yeah,
you
could say "love", (a couple). I worry about them if I don't hear from
them.
But this after *private* correspondence/phone correpondence over a
period of several YEARS.
You can't "love" anyone after reading their words on a screen for a
couple of months.
Even to say that you do, cheapens the word, I think.

Sherry
"Oooh,I'm a star, and the audience loves me... and I love them. And
they love me for loving them and I love them for loving me. And we
love each other. And that's because none of us got enough love in our
childhood. And that's showbiz... kid. " --- Roxie Hart

Old August 2nd 08, 01:57 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Kyla =^. .^=`[_2_]

Default Ping Kyla

"CatNipped"
"Cheryl" ...
On Aug 1, 3:14?pm, "Kyla =^. .^=`" :
Thank you Victor. ?It was actually Sherry IIRC who called me a drama
queen.

No, it was me who wrote that.

Well, I deleted the entire thread so...whatever, it doesn't matter any more.
I'm over it.

-- Cheryl

Sssssssssh! Don't tell!! You might get called a big green meanie!

Happy Tails,

CatNipped

LOL, nope, not by me, I don't call people unkind names.

Fresh smelling laundry
Kyla

Old August 2nd 08, 02:01 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Kyla =^. .^=`[_2_]

Thank you Candace! Pull up a seat and pass the popcorn and
let's have some fun!

Nose Kisses,

CatNipped

I don't think I will ever be able to eat popcorn again. My entire
mouth has been operated on in quadrants since March and next month
I finally get to get braces. Is that weird, braces at 45 years
old? LOL

--
Cheryl

Can you get the invisible ones?
Kyla

Old August 2nd 08, 02:05 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Cheryl[_4_]

"Kyla =^. .^=`" wrote in message

Thank you Candace! Pull up a seat and pass the popcorn and
let's have some fun!

Nose Kisses,

CatNipped

I don't think I will ever be able to eat popcorn again. My entire
mouth has been operated on in quadrants since March and next month
I finally get to get braces. Is that weird, braces at 45 years
old? LOL

--
Cheryl

Can you get the invisible ones?

No, I'm not a candidate for Invisiline. I'll have the ugly metal ones for 2
years.

Old August 2nd 08, 02:07 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Kyla =^. .^=`[_2_]

"Jofirey"

"Sherry" On Aug 1, 3:14?pm, "Kyla =^. .^=`" wrote:
Thank you Victor. ?It was actually Sherry IIRC who called me a drama
queen.

Whoa right there. I've posted about 7 or 8 times in this entire thread
and out of that ONE post
was in reference to you, and it was in no way mean. I really am at the
point I don't care what you post, until you start posting lies about
me. I have *never* called you a name of any sort. If this
is a new way for you to stir the pot, please stop it, right now.

Sherry

I do apologize then Sherry. I really do.
I do NOT want to stir up the pot again.
Please accept my apology?
I know, the whole thing got out of hand and ....it was a mistake, not a lie.
I don't post lies.
I might make mistakes, but I do NOT post lies. Honest.
Okay?
Hug
Kyla

Why would a new way be necessary when the old ones are working so very
well?

Old August 2nd 08, 02:09 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Kyla =^. .^=`[_2_]

"Cheryl"
"Kyla =^. .^=`"

Thank you Candace! Pull up a seat and pass the popcorn and
let's have some fun!

Nose Kisses,

CatNipped

I don't think I will ever be able to eat popcorn again. My entire
mouth has been operated on in quadrants since March and next month
I finally get to get braces. Is that weird, braces at 45 years
old? LOL

--
Cheryl

Can you get the invisible ones?

No, I'm not a candidate for Invisiline. I'll have the ugly metal ones for
2 years.

Oh yuck...that's a drag

Old August 2nd 08, 02:15 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Candace

On Aug 1, 5:52*pm, Cheryl wrote:
On Fri 01 Aug 2008 08:47:05p, CatNipped wrote in
rec.pets.cats.anecdotes :

"Candace" wrote in message

s.com... On Aug 1, 5:05 pm, Sherry wrote:
On Aug 1, 6:54 pm, "CatNipped"
wrote:

"Kyla =^. .^=`" wrote in
messagenews:rLKdnUU49bIZ7A7VnZ2dnUVZ_rXinZ2d@comca st.com...

"Victor Martinez"
Will in New Haven wrote:
No one has done anything to Catnipped that was anything
LIKE as bad as
people here treated Kyla. I guess being a regular here
grants one a right to hurt people's feelings without
anyone being allowed to hurt yours.

*Exactly*
Thank you

There you go, Victor, she's happy again. Good job, man!

I haven't seen the wagons circled so quickly since the
last time we caught some white folks on the Oregon Trail.
People here have to toughen up or lighten up.

The thing is, I am one of the regulars, yet I'm being
pounded for pointing out the obvious.

Not by me, you get a BIG HUG from me, FWIW.

Yeah, BIG HUG from me too.

I was going to ping you myself Victor, bit since I'm here,
could you send
me an e-mail to
There's something I'd like to talk to you about
I'm a total ditz when it comes to munged addys LOL
Scritches to yer kitties.

Hugs
Kyla

Love, and hugs (oops, there I go again), and PEACE, and joy,
and bright blessings (sorry BaHa), and happiness, and
romance, and moonlit walks on the
beach, and that new car smell, and daisies, and kittens AND
puppies, and springtime, and roses, and BIG HUGS, and
snowflakes on your tongue, and hot
nookie while the kids are asleep, and kisses, and candle-lit
dinners, and
sunshine, and rainbows, and perfume, and flowers, and BIG
HUGS, and new-mown
grass, and gropes in a movie theater with the smell of
buttered popcorn in
the air, and summer breezes, and skritches, and honey, and
sugar, and clean
laundry on a clothesline, and BIG HUGS, and moonlight
reflected off a quiet
lake, and sleeping late with your sweetheart, and nose kisses
from kittens,
and BIG HUGS, and fuzzy bellies, and chocolate cake, and ice
cream, and LILACS, and your favorite show on TV, and attaboys
from your boss, and BIG
HUGS, and vacations in the mountains, and fluffy clouds that
look like animals, and... ALL the GOOD things in the ENTIRE
WORLD laid at your FEET!

CatNipped

You know, I was angry when I sat down here and read the crap
Kyla posted about me. Not
just angry. I was *****ed*. I don't mind being virtually
smacked for things I do and say. I
*do not* like being accused of things I *didn't* do......in
front of a global audience, no less.
Now I'm out of breath laughing. "Hot nookie when your kids are
asleep?" ???!!!!! OMG.
Now, *that's* a well-wisher.
And now, the whole thing stupidly funny. Like Elmer Fudd says,
"Don't take life seriously, son. It
ain't nohow permanent."

Sherry

Yeah, I gotta agree, that was a good post, CN!

Candace

------------------------

Thank you Candace! *Pull up a seat and pass the popcorn and
let's have some fun!

Nose Kisses,

CatNipped

I don't think I will ever be able to eat popcorn again. *My entire
mouth has been operated on in quadrants since March and next month
I finally get to get braces. *Is that weird, braces at 45 years
old? *LOL

--
Cheryl

No, it's not weird anymore. I've known several adults who have had
them.

Candace
Old August 2nd 08, 02:19 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Kyla =^. .^=`[_2_]

"Candace" ...
On Aug 1, 1:42 pm, "Kyla =^. .^=`"
"Matthew"...

"CatNipped"
"Matthew"

"Will in New Haven" message

On Aug 1, 10:18 am, "CatNipped" wrote:
"Victor Martinez" wrote in message

MaryL wrote:
I would be horrified and genuinely hurt if a "real friend"
said
that
about me in front of a group of people or posted it to a
newsgroup (even

I must have missed something. Since when is "drama queen" some
sort of
insult? Particularly when the individual receiving such
designation
*agrees* he/she is a drama queen. I've tried to be careful not
to insult
anybody on this thread. I do not believe "drama queen" or
"having a mean
side" are insults. They are factual descriptions of my
perceptions on
Lori's behavior. If I wanted to insult, I could have used
other
terms that
convey a similar meaning, but I chose not to.

Don't worry about it, Victor. You can go ahead and say whatever
you'd like
without worrying about ever hurting my feelings again. It's not
problem
any more.

Catnippped is standing on the verandah, looking down at Victor
on
the
walk
She puts the back of her hand on her forehead, sighs and pauses
dramatically
You'll never hurt me again, Rhett
Fade to black

--
Will in New Haven

ROFLMAO

I find it strange that the same people who were urging me to "play
nice" are now jumping on the "let's beat up CatNipped" bandwagon.
But really, I appreciate this - it's *always* nice to know who your
true friends are.

Ear Flicks,

CatNipped
I am not on any bandwagon
I thought was funny you take it more than that well that is you

Tell, me Matthew, how *should* someone take it if someone hurt
his/her
feelings, and then someone else, who was considered a friend, laughed
at it? And, not only laughed, but published that laugh to the world
make sure everyone *knew* he was laughing at her.

Like I said, it's nice to know who your friends are.

Tail Twitches,

CatNipped
Wow tables turned just what I was talking about

Yeah, Matthew, eerie how you predicted that. And how satisfying for you
that I'm getting my just desserts. Goody for you, score one for the
good
guys!

Tail Flicks,

CatNipped

I asked for all this to end and let the thread die. I along with many
others knew this would happen. I almost begged for this to end.

I am not satisfied nor happy about the situation. I stated before I did
not want this to go one let the damn thread die and start an new one for
the thread drift but it continued.

IMO Anything that happened was brought upon themselves now everyone is
left to lick their wounds and wonder what is next

I still love you and everyone else. I stated before I did not want to
fight just to be left in peace. I promised to keep the peace awhile ago
and I have kept that agreement. But I will stand up for someone when
the time is needed just as others have done

I left certain hints hoping people would catch on instead of ripping
into
people which I promised not to do anymore except for trolls

This thread it just went too far now where next is in all our thoughts

Thank you Matthew. I too wanted the thread to die, but when I opened up my
reader, I saw all these ping Kyla's and yet more fighting going on. I just
want you to know, I appreciate you and I love you to pieces, and I'm
wishing
this thread would die too. Why was it brought up again in the first place?
The planets must be aligning up or something. IDK, but just know I thank
you for sticking up for me and you need a BIG HUG
I'm okay, I'm over it all...CN or others can't hurt me...if I don't let
them, and I just won't let them
I so want to have rpca go back to where it was when I joined a few months
ago.
Love, hugs, purrs, bright blessings, peace
Kyla
--warning, cat pictures from me coming soon

It's actually not about you anymore. And as for changing subject
lines, I almost never do when I'm responding to someone else. That's
why it keeps popping back up.

[...]

Well, we do love each other, it's something that can't be explained.
HTH
Kyla

Kyla

Old August 2nd 08, 02:46 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

Default Peace Ping Kyla

Sara wrote:

"Yowie" wrote in message

What is a green onion as opposed to a regular onion?

green onions are also known as scallions, long thin onions. yummy

OK, here's a question. Recently I had bought a large yellow onion. It
had begun to sprout some green shoots out the top. I never did get around
to eating the onion, but it was fascinating to watch the sprouts grow.
Eventually they looked exactly like scallions, growing out of a large
onion (which was getting smaller and mushier by the day, as it was feeding
the scallions/sprouts.

My question: *were* these scallions? Are scallions just the sprouted
part of an onion, or are they different plants?

--
Joyce ^..^

Old August 2nd 08, 02:47 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
MaryL

Default Ping Kyla wants a truce

"Kyla =^. .^=`" wrote in message
. ..

"CatNipped"
"Sherry"
On Aug 1, 6:54?pm, "CatNipped" :
"Kyla =^. .^=`" ...

"Victor Martinez"
Will in New Haven wrote:
No one has done anything to Catnipped that was anything LIKE as bad
as
people here treated Kyla. I guess being a regular here grants one a
right to hurt people's feelings without anyone being allowed to hurt
yours.

*Exactly*
Thank you

There you go, Victor, she's happy again. ?Good job, man!

Yes CatNipped, I AM happy again, thank you.

[...]

Do you REALLY mean that Lori? I'd love to believe you.
If so, I wish the same for you, because life is too short to be snarky...I
love that word BTW. I looked it up in the Scrabble dictionary and a
snark is an uneen animal.
Hmmm

You know, I was angry when I sat down here and read the crap Kyla
posted about me. Not
just angry. I was *****ed*. I don't mind being virtually smacked for
things I do and say. I
*do not* like being accused of things I *didn't* do......in front of a
global audience, no less.
Now I'm out of breath laughing. "Hot nookie when your kids are
asleep?" ???!!!!! OMG.
Now, *that's* a well-wisher.
And now, the whole thing stupidly funny. Like Elmer Fudd says, "Don't
take life seriously, son. It
ain't nohow permanent."

Sherry

Dunno why you were so ****ed off at me Sherry.
Lets just drop the whole thing, okay? And you're right about not taking
life seriousily...it's too short.

Elmer Fudd was a wise man, and *vastly* underappreciated by Bugs! ;

LOL...true.

Fuzzy Spotted Tummy Rubs,

CatNipped

Can we all call a truce please? I would so love that.
And get back to the business of having fun here like we used to?
PLEASE?

Hugs
Kyla

She was probably annoyed because you said she called you a drama queen. She
did not. You misquoted her on that in an earlier message, if I recall
correctly, and she corrected you at that time.

MaryL