Cat Sitting (again)

Old October 24th 08, 10:24 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
polonca12000

Default Cat Sitting (again)

jmcquown wrote:
Last time the neighbor asked me to cat-sit I wound up in the hospital!
Let's hope that doesn't happen this time.

I'll be making sure Schwartzy and Fedders are fed and watered and clean
their litterbox. They are indoor/outdoor cats but she particularly said
she needs me to make sure Schwartzy is inside at night. I don't exactly
know how I'm supposed to do that since he usually hides. I'll do my
best! Wish me luck.

Jill

Good luck!
Polonca and Soncek
Old November 10th 08, 08:40 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

"Jofirey" wrote in message

"Christina Websell" wrote in message

"Jofirey" wrote in message

I've just figured out that the nice place I like to board the cats is
less than a half mile from where my younger daughter lives. Jake and
Molly will not be happy, but it means I can take them there one at a
time on the days I watch my granddaughter and leave them to get baths.
Molly loves the place, doesn't care for the baths. Jake doesn't mind
the baths, but hates the place.

Jo

Baths? They bath your cats?

Yes.

I don't think cats like to be bathed. I did consider it with KFC when she
got groomed out a while ago by myself and Auntie June and she looked so
nice, I thought she'd looked far nicer if she was bathed to add to it.
I decided against it. I thought about it, and it seems to me that there is
no reason at all that a cat should be bathed unless they dropped into some
poo or something that was all over them to clean them up.

Tweed

,

Old November 10th 08, 09:34 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Adrian[_2_]

Christina Websell wrote:
"Jofirey" wrote in message

"Christina Websell" wrote in
message ...

"Jofirey" wrote in message

[...]

I never wash my cats, it takes far to long to get all the fur off my tongue!
;-)
Cats leave pawprints on your heart

Old November 10th 08, 09:41 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
MLB

Adrian wrote:
Christina Websell wrote:
"Jofirey" wrote in message
"Christina Websell" wrote in
message ...
"Jofirey" wrote in message
[...]

When my eldest granddaughter was a child, she asked why cats licked
themselves. I explained the process. At that point she proceeded to
lick Princess (RB 16). Her grimace was priceless as she proceeded to
pick the cat hair off her tongue. MLB
Old November 10th 08, 09:45 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Adrian[_2_]

MLB wrote:
Adrian wrote:
Christina Websell wrote:
"Jofirey" wrote in message
"Christina Websell" wrote in
message ...
"Jofirey" wrote in message
[...]

If you had a video of that you could have made some money. :-)
Cats leave pawprints on your heart

Old November 10th 08, 09:54 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
MLB

Adrian wrote:
MLB wrote:
Adrian wrote:
Christina Websell wrote:
"Jofirey" wrote in message
"Christina Websell" wrote in
message ...
"Jofirey" wrote in message
[...]

You are probably right. Those moments usually happen when one is not
prepared for them. Best wishes. MLB
Old November 10th 08, 10:19 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Jofirey

"Christina Websell" wrote in
message ...

"Jofirey" wrote in message

"Christina Websell" wrote in
message ...

"Jofirey" wrote in message

[...]

Well, lots of dogs and more than a few children don't like a bath much
either.

I don't make a habit of bathing a cat that is able to keep itself
clean. I make an exception when they get old if they stop grooming
like they should. And I try to get them bathed before a holiday when
my SIL will be here for any length of time. He is so very allergic,
and it helps.

That said, while I can't say any of my cats looked forward to a bath,
the have all been most pleased with themselves after they have had one
and been able to get dry and arrange their fur to their own
satisfaction.

You would be surprised at the amount of brown dirty suds that come off
a cat that didn't look all that bad before they were put into the
sink.

We do have one odd ritual for cat baths here. It has to be private.
I always give them their bath when it is just them and me here. They
seem to prefer the privacy. I wash them, rinse them, wrap them in a
clean fluffy towel, change once to a dry towel and hold them until
they are nearly dry. (They draw the line, and blood, at the notion of
a hairdryer.)

Jo