[TW] He's gone

Old October 14th 07, 05:02 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Stormmee

Default [TW] He's gone

I am so sorry, Lee
Yowie wrote in message
Shmogg was assisted to Rainbow Bridge today at about 10:45am AEST.

Yowie, catless.

Old October 15th 07, 09:29 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Ginger-lyn

Yowie wrote:
Shmogg was assisted to Rainbow Bridge today at about 10:45am AEST.

Yowie, catless.

{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{Yowie}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}} }}}}}

My heart goes out to you. I am so sorry you had to make that terrible
decision. I know your heart is breaking, and mine is breaking with you.
Please know how much I care, and am thinking of you.

Because of this group, many people all over the world feel as if we knew
Shmogg, and feel as if he was a part of our family, too. He will never
be forgotten.

Ginger-lyn

--
Home Pages:
http://www.spiritrealm.com/summer/
Old October 15th 07, 09:46 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
polonca12000

Yowie wrote:

Shmogg was assisted to Rainbow Bridge today at about 10:45am AEST.

Yowie, catless.

I'm so very sorry, Vicky.
Lots and lots of hugs and purrs,
Polonca and Soncek

Old October 15th 07, 09:51 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
polonca12000

Adrian A wrote:

Yowie wrote:

Shmogg was assisted to Rainbow Bridge today at about 10:45am AEST.

Yowie, catless.

{{{{{{{{{{{{ Vicky, Joel, Cary & Fluffy }}}}}}}}}}}}
It's so hard to say goodbye. tears

http://www.gratefulness.org/candles/...l=eng&gi=shmog

A candle is lit.
Lots and lots of purrs and hugs,
Polonca and Soncek

Old October 15th 07, 09:57 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
polonca12000

Yowie wrote:

The first story that showed his sense of humour: Surfing Cat (written in
April, 1998)

Shmoggleberry lived in a pokey 2 bedroom flat for most of his life, and so
took great advantage of all the extra space to run around in when we moved
to a large house.
The main bedroom, lounge, dining room and kitchen are all reasonably lined
up, so Shmoggleberry could run full speed from one to the other. He can
really get up some speed! (Since the flat was small, he couldn't really get
a decent run without having to make some very sharp, speed reducing, turns)
The Kitchen has a lino floor, and since it was winter when I moved, I put
some small mats down in the kitchen so I didn't get cold feet. He very
quickly discovered that if he got some speed up and then jumped onto the mat
at the start of the kitchen, his momentum would allow him to "surf" across
the lino, using the mat as a board.

At one point, he got up to much speed, he discovered a law of
thermodynamics: once you are moving, its hard to stop! THUNK! head first
into the far wall of the kitchen. He let out a rather surprised "OW!" (as
you would) and stopped to give himself a good grooming - which he always
does when he's done something stupid. I thought he'd learnt his lesson by
getting a fairly good smack in the head.

Alas, at some hideous hour of the morning, we were woken to the sounds of
boomba, boomba, boomba (sound of cat hurtling through empty house,
approaching speed of light), sweeeeeeeeeee..... (sound of mat sliding on
lino) ....THUNK (sound of insane fluffy projectile being suddenly stopped by
unforgiving wall). We had just managed to doze off, when - Boomba boomba
boomba, sweee..., thunk. (just enough time to go back to sleep) boomba,
boomba, boomba, sweeee..., thunk. (enough time..) boomba, boomba... etc.

I caught him at it later the next day - he came screaming out of the
bedroom, landed on the mat, and then put his head down so the wall would
collect him on the flat bit between his ears. Almost like he was a charging
bull. I guess it caused him the least amount of pain.

Although I know El Moggo is probably the most cunning & conniving creature
I've met, I also know he can be remarkably thick.

~~~

There are other stories, yet to be written, but not at the moment. My words
haven't come back yet.

Yowie

You've given Shmogg the best life possible, he couldn't have chosen a
more loving family than yours.
We are thinking of you. Lots and lots of purrs and gentle hugs,
Polonca and Soncek