[OT] On Crossposting...

Old May 6th 10, 02:55 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Yowie

Default [OT] On Crossposting...

RPCA isn't the only group I read, although I still consider it my primary
newsgroup. If I only had to subscribe to one, it would be RPCA.

However, I also enjoy reading a few others, and so its actually a really
neat surprise for me to look down the list of unread messages in another NG
and see a name I recognise from RPCA. Its kinda nice to see a freindly face
adn suggests we have more than just RPCA in common.

Except that the msot recent occurance was not so nice - it was flames that
came from RPCA and were crossposted to other groups - groups I know have
absolutely nothing to do with either a) flames or b) cats.

I know when you get out your flame thrower to roast a troll, one is not
always paying attention to the Newsgroups line. But please folks, be careful
of where you crosspost to. There are some serial trolls that would just
*love* to invade RPCA, and sending a flamey invitation really doesn't help.

Yowie

Old May 6th 10, 04:20 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Kyla =^..^=[_5_]

"Yowie"
[...]

Totally agreed Yowie. Thanks for poasting this
Kyla

Old May 6th 10, 05:12 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Sherry

Default On Crossposting...

On May 5, 8:55*pm, "Yowie" wrote:
[...]

I swear with new resolve to check any post before I reply to check for
x-posting.

And can I expand on your post a little?

Something to think about. If a troll writes an outrageous post, and no
one replies, what
happens? If he posts another outrageous post the next day, and no one
responds, what
happens? We honestly don't know, because we've never seen it tried.

One poster here claimed she was entertaining herself by toying with a
troll. IMO, that's a
very selfish act -- just because *she* likes to argue and snipe back
and forth with posters
you don't even know -- or have *any idea* who they are, or what
they're capable of -- please
think of the rest of us who actually enjoy this group. You probably
weren't here back when
this kind of thing got out of hand, and the group became virtually
unreadable. Posters'
email addys were hacked. It was a nightmare. And IIRC it started with
crossposting and
sniping at trolls; then the trolls recruited tag-teams. Soon the group
was flooded.

But if everyone just *ignored* potentially volatile posts, there would
be no replies, and no crosspostng.Is that so hard to do?

And how is this for hypocrisy -- I am the one who hates censoring and
even if I hate what you're saying, I'll defend your right to say it. I
just want the parts of rpca that were always so
unique to stay in place. If I wanted a heated debate, I'd go to other
cat groups where that's the norm.
Sherry
Old May 6th 10, 05:33 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Stormmee

this is positive the rudest post you have ever written, you don't even have
the guts to use my name, I am ashamed for you, it was ME that was greiving
for my cat and doing anything i could to not stay in tears for days, I am
sorry for you that you couldn't understand that, don't bother responding i
will not see your response unless i am unfortunate enough to read someone
else's response to you. I have tried so very hard to not be upset with your
constant picking at every or almost every post i make i am now done with
you, Lee

Old May 6th 10, 05:41 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Stormmee

this used to be one of my favorite groups, it is no longer, i am just plain
tired of being nit picked to death and even mark's lovely stories and
similar from others is not doing much to keep me here. i am very fond of
many who post here but have grown tired of being sniped at by people who
don't have the guts to challenge me directly and*not you yowie* so i am
seriously considering my options. I am leaning towards lurk mode and
strategic blockng. i am not saying any of this to get responses in support
or against my position, i am posting out of frusteration, an just in case i
go further and unssubscribe, i would like to thank all of you who were
supportive in helping with my loss of tv, your support is what made me drawn
to this group, the ability to greive with people who understood all kinds of
greiving... evidentally not all of you share that point of veiw i am just
plain tired of wondering if i can open a message and finding backhnded
snipes so if i do unsub, those of you have my email and are inclined to are
welcome to email.

Old May 6th 10, 06:12 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Kyla =^..^=[_5_]

I totally agree with you Lee. Dammit, this is nuts. Some people are so
good at sniping and picking, and trying to be so perfect and hurting someone
who is a loving 'fixture' here is sick and wrong. Shame on you Sherry!!
You really want Lee to leave? I certainly don't because I think she is a
wonderful, kind person, who has just suffered a tragic loss and all you can
do is nit pick at her and you make me sick. I hope your sniping at Lee
makes you sleep better at night..Lee is right..every post I've read between
you and her, you are doing the sniping, 'always' having to be right..dammit,
I am really mad at you now Sherry!! Kyla

"Stormmee"
this is positive the rudest post you have ever written, you don't even
have the guts to use my name, I am ashamed for you, it was ME that was
greiving for my cat and doing anything i could to not stay in tears for
days, I am sorry for you that you couldn't understand that, don't bother
responding i will not see your response unless i am unfortunate enough to
read someone else's response to you. I have tried so very hard to not be
upset with your constant picking at every or almost every post i make i
am now done with you, Lee
"Sherry" On May 5, 8:55 pm, "Yowie"

Old May 6th 10, 07:31 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Joy

I'd be sorry to see you go, Lee, but I understand. If you do go, I hope
you'll come back. Long ago, on another group where people often act crazed
about politics, I developed a habit of killfiling anybody whose posts upset
me. I also ignore whole threads, based on the subject matter.

When you're grieving, you have to do it your own way.

Hugs and purrs,

Joy