[TW] Blacky has left for Rainbow Bridge

Old October 24th 07, 09:07 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Micha[_2_]

Default [TW] Blacky has left for Rainbow Bridge

On Monday, 22nd October at about 4:30 pm our vet put him out of his
misery.

After his stay at the animal's hospital we gained some hope. But back
at home he ate less from day to day, no favourite food, no treats
could help. With all his dwindling strength he struggeld against
giving him medicine directly into his mouth. Only his heart tablets -
crushed and put into butter - he accepted till the end.

He stopped cuddling with us. Then he rejected his heart tablets as
well. He wouldn't drink any more. When I held a wet finger before his
mouth, he just turned his head away.

His strength was weakening more and more. We then decided to end his
pain.

We buried him the same evening in our garden - side by side with
Zwinkie, who left us in May 2001 due to reneal failure as well.

Very sad greetings
Michael

--
Square Dance is friendship put to music
Andrea and Michael with furballs Blacky and Merlin
Old October 24th 07, 09:41 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Adrian A

Micha wrote:
[...]

I'm so sorry Michael. A candle has been lit for Blacky. :-(
http://www.gratefulness.org/candles/...l=eng&gi=Black
--
Adrian

Old October 24th 07, 09:42 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Adrian A

Default Candle for Blacky

http://www.gratefulness.org/candles/...l=eng&gi=Black

Old October 24th 07, 10:10 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Lesley via CatKB.com

Micha wrote:
On Monday, 22nd October at about 4:30 pm our vet put him out of his
misery.

Hugs Micha and purrs

This month has not been good I can't wait for it to be over!!

Lesley

Slave of the Fabulous Furballs

Old October 24th 07, 10:23 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Exocat[_2_]

"Micha" wrote

On Monday, 22nd October at about 4:30 pm our vet put him out of his
misery.

Condolences on your sad loss. Many/most of us here in this fine group of
people will empathise as we've been where you are and have gone through the
same grief. I hope it helps just a bit to know that you aren't alone.
Hopefully too your years of happy memories with Blacky will stay with you
after the current sharp pain has diminished.

Empathetic purrs
Gordon & the FF

Old October 24th 07, 10:25 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Exocat[_2_]

"Adrian A" wrote

http://www.gratefulness.org/candles/...l=eng&gi=Black

Thanks Adrian, I've joined in already. Hopefully many others will too.

Old October 24th 07, 11:28 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Yowie

"Micha" wrote in message
On Monday, 22nd October at about 4:30 pm our vet put him out of his
misery.

After his stay at the animal's hospital we gained some hope. But back
at home he ate less from day to day, no favourite food, no treats
could help. With all his dwindling strength he struggeld against
giving him medicine directly into his mouth. Only his heart tablets -
crushed and put into butter - he accepted till the end.

He stopped cuddling with us. Then he rejected his heart tablets as
well. He wouldn't drink any more. When I held a wet finger before his
mouth, he just turned his head away.

His strength was weakening more and more. We then decided to end his
pain.

We buried him the same evening in our garden - side by side with
Zwinkie, who left us in May 2001 due to reneal failure as well.

Very sad greetings

I'm so very sorry, Michael. Hugs.

Yowie

Old October 24th 07, 11:34 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Suz

Default Blacky has left for Rainbow Bridge

On Oct 24, 3:07?am, Micha wrote:
[...]

Purrs for you and your family.
Suz&Spicey

15: Rainbow Bridge David Stevenson Cat anecdotes 0 February 11th 07 12:26 AM
Rainbow Bridge MoMo via CatKB.com Cat anecdotes 10 January 20th 07 01:35 AM
Rainbow Bridge Bev Cat anecdotes 3 May 25th 04 11:32 PM
Rainbow Bridge Bev Cat anecdotes 3 April 5th 04 08:15 PM
Rainbow bridge? Tony Stanford Cat health & behaviour 2 August 12th 03 10:36 AM