Buffy and the Claw Clipping

Old June 26th 15, 08:36 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

Default Buffy and the Claw Clipping

"jmcquown" wrote in message
I'm stunned. She's adapted very well and so very quickly. I didn't know
the woman who had her before but I can't imagine Buffy was very happy
there. Living with the bully cat and whatever the third cat Suzie Q was
like. Now she's come out of her shell.

She was described as "timid". Timid? Hardly!

Jill

I'm glad she isn't timid. Boyfie has remained timid for his his whole life
up to now. If he is sleeping on my lap and the phone rings, he is away to
the door.. same if the doorbell rings. I doubt he will change now.
He will stay in the same room as Simon or June if I refuse to let him out
even though June fed him for months. The only person who has ever seen him
on my lap is Claire, my sister in law, who looked after him every day when I
broke my neck and back, and had to care for me for three months 3 x daily
afterwards but even so, he's not so sure about her. When she visits now, he
tries to run away. I don't allow it. I tell him not to be so ridiculous
and then he says "Phew, it's only Claire"
That's timid.

Boyfie definitely *is* timid! That's not likely to change.

A couple of weeks ago I saw my neighbor Lynn (formerly owned by Fedders
and Schwartzie, both RB) outside. I asked if she'd like to meet Buffy.
Sure! Buffy was in that little round carpeted kitty barrel in the
living room. She didn't run, she didn't hide. Lynn sat down in the
chair next to it. I called to Buffy and she jumped down. She walked
around Lynn's feet and sniffed but didn't let her pet her. Buffy came
over and jumped up in my lap. So no, she's definitely not timid. It
was that bully cat who had her so afraid of her own home. She's wasn't
the least bit afraid of Lynn.

She does *not* like my telephone, though. My phone has an answering
system (not voicemail). I have it set to verbally announce who is
calling. That way I don't have to get up and check the caller ID to see
whether or not I want to answer. Buffy does *not* like that automated
voice!

So far no one has rung the doorbell or knocked, at least not when I've
been home. I don't know how she'll react to that.

I need to run the "big sucky monster" (vacuum cleaner) in the living
room and bedrooms. I suspect she will hide from that! Her former owner
had hardwood floors with just a few rugs scattered about. The kitchen
floor was tile. She probably mostly used something like a dust mop or a
broom, maybe a kitchen mop. A vacuum cleaner, not so much. I'll find out.

Jill
Old June 28th 15, 12:47 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

"jmcquown" wrote in message
"jmcquown" wrote in message
[...]

I never use the sucky monster when Boyfie is inside the house. He hates it
and is very frightened by it.