cat pyschology

Old June 11th 15, 08:51 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Matt Ferrari[_3_]

Default cat pyschology

I entered the bathroom in the morning and goofy was laying in the hallway
and saw me go in there.
He didnt come in there when i sat down. So i closed the door but left it
ajar.
He was in within 30 seconds after that.

haha

Old June 12th 15, 01:32 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

"Matt Ferrari" wrote in message
I entered the bathroom in the morning and goofy was laying in the hallway
and saw me go in there.
He didnt come in there when i sat down. So i closed the door but left it
ajar.
He was in within 30 seconds after that.

haha

Boyfie usually comes in the bathroom with me. Just in case I cannot toilet
myself without him.

Old June 12th 15, 07:16 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Bastette

Christina Websell wrote:

"Matt Ferrari" wrote in message
I entered the bathroom in the morning and goofy was laying in the hallway
and saw me go in there.
He didnt come in there when i sat down. So i closed the door but left it
ajar.
He was in within 30 seconds after that.

haha

Boyfie usually comes in the bathroom with me. Just in case I cannot toilet
myself without him.

Everybody has a story about their cats accompanying them to the bathroom,
to watch, to supervise, to interfere, to take advantage of the fact that
you're a captive audience, and for many other reasons. My cats hardly ever
do this. Oh, they might wander in for a second, get a pet on the head and
then leave, but there's none of the fascination with my activities that
most people seem to experience.

Here's a theory: I live alone, so when I use the bathroom, the door is
always wide open. An open door is simply not irresistible to a cat the
way a closed or almost-closed door seems to be. No challenge, so why
bother?

--
Joyce

Cats are rather delicate creatures and they are subject to a good
many ailments, but I never heard of one who suffered from insomnia.
-- Joseph Wood Krutch
Old June 12th 15, 01:52 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
dgk

On Thu, 11 Jun 2015 14:51:34 -0500, "Matt Ferrari"
wrote:

I entered the bathroom in the morning and goofy was laying in the hallway
and saw me go in there.
He didnt come in there when i sat down. So i closed the door but left it
ajar.
He was in within 30 seconds after that.

haha

Nipsy and Scooter will sometimes wander in since the door is usually
open, but Marlo has something else in mind. I have a turkey baster
that hangs on a towel rack. Why a turkey baster in the bathroom I hear
you ask? Because I have the cat fountain in the bathroom and sometimes
something is floating (or sinking) and I don't feel like cleaning the
whole thing out. So the baster sucks up the offending crunchy or fly
or whatever.

But Marlo has a love affair with the turkey baster. Apparently she
imprinted on it when she was very young and considers it her mother or
something. In any event, she likes me to take the turkey baster and
aim it at her, squirting some air. She bats at it and we have a good
Marlo vs The Turkey Baster battle for a few moments, and then I put
the baster back on the towel rack and everyone is happy.

They are all just so weird.
Old June 12th 15, 02:44 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

On 6/12/2015 2:16 AM, Bastette wrote:
Christina Websell wrote:

[...]

Persia seemed to time her litterbox activities to when I was sitting on
the toilet. Oh, you're using your "box"? Guess I'll use mine, too.

Buffy comes in to see what I'm doing but so far she's been very shy
about doing any toilet activities in front of me. She is a NOISY
digger, though! Her litter box is in the adjoining bathroom right off
my bedroom. I hear her in there in the middle of the night, stomp stomp
stomp. Good lord, girl, you're not digging a hole to China!

Jill
Old June 12th 15, 03:21 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

wrote:

I entered the bathroom in the morning and goofy was laying in the hallway
and saw me go in there.
He didnt come in there when i sat down. So i closed the door but left it
ajar.
He was in within 30 seconds after that.

haha

Nipsy and Scooter will sometimes wander in since the door is usually
open, but Marlo has something else in mind. I have a turkey baster
that hangs on a towel rack. Why a turkey baster in the bathroom I hear
you ask? Because I have the cat fountain in the bathroom and sometimes
something is floating (or sinking) and I don't feel like cleaning the
whole thing out. So the baster sucks up the offending crunchy or fly
or whatever.

Good excuse! G I used to have a cat fountain. Persia loved running
water. When she first came to live with me the toilet was right next to
the sink in the bathroom. I'd be running water to brush my teeth and
she would jump up and stick her head under the water to drink. I was
afraid I'd spit toothpaste on her head. Okay, brilliant idea, I'll buy
her a kitty fountain!

For years I dealt with that thing. What a PITA! The cleaning, the
filters, don't forget to remove and clean the impeller blade. Needed a
very small brush to get into those nooks and crannies. I finally
decided enough is enough. You can drink water out of a regular bowl. I
bought an extra deep ceramic bowl for her water. Surprise, she never
really missed the fountain.

But Marlo has a love affair with the turkey baster. Apparently she
imprinted on it when she was very young and considers it her mother or
something. In any event, she likes me to take the turkey baster and
aim it at her, squirting some air. She bats at it and we have a good
Marlo vs The Turkey Baster battle for a few moments, and then I put
the baster back on the towel rack and everyone is happy.

Funny! You just never know what might turn into a cat toy. Milk jug
rings, toilet paper rolls, boxes. So far Buffy is not impressed by
boxes. Persia liked boxes. And paper bags.

They are all just so weird.

That seems to be the definition of cats. Another good word for them is
goofy.

Jill
Old June 12th 15, 06:54 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Joy

On 6/11/2015 11:16 PM, Bastette wrote:
Christina Websell wrote:

[...]

My bathroom door swings shut if you partially shut it, so I got a
doorstop to keep it open when Waffles (RB) wouldn't drink anywhere
except the toilet. I didn't want him to be shut in there. I shut the
door partway when I'm in the bathroom, with the doorstop holding it open
enough that cats can come in. Pickles occasionally comes in for a quick
petting before leaving. Koala almost never really comes in, but every
so often he bats the doorstop away from the door before walking away.
Skeeter (RB) used to love to sit on my lap in the bathroom.

Joy
Old June 22nd 15, 11:31 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

"Bastette" wrote in message
Christina Websell wrote:

[...]

-

Boyfriend used to watch me on the toilet. Every time I went to the bathroom
it was essential that he was there. He doesn't do it now. phew
I think it's a common thing and nothing to worry about.

Old June 22nd 15, 11:57 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

"Judith Latham" wrote in message
In article , Matt Ferrari
wrote:
I entered the bathroom in the morning and goofy was laying in the
hallway and saw me go in there. He didnt come in there when i sat down.
So i closed the door but left it ajar. He was in within 30 seconds
after that.

haha

If Sootie thinks I want her to do something she won't do it even if she
wants too. If I take no notice she will do it. Sounds like Goofy was doing
the same.

Boyfie got himself smartly back when I called him to return after the
chasing of the black cat.
He very well knows "get here Now" and most of what I say but he will never
be seen being obedient.