cat proof toilet paper holder?

Old January 8th 04, 04:45 AM
MaryL

"Joe Pitt" wrote in message
. com...
Someone told me they saw a toilet paper holder with a cover in a catalog
'somewhere'. Anyone seen this. I have a couple that won't leave it alone

and
another is trying to get it off the shelf I'm currently storing it on. I
tried turning so it won't roll out and then she gets so frustrated she
shreds it.

--
Joe
http://www.jwpitt.com/cats.htm

This page shows a couple of hoodes toilet paper holders (both recessed and
surface mounted -- scroll a short way down the page). Would that type help?
http://www.rbagroup.com.au/toiletpaper_holders.html

MaryL

Old January 8th 04, 02:04 PM
Joe Pitt

That might work, but I do rescue work and let the kittens and teenagers run
the house with my own(after 10 days of quarentine). It would be a constant
training exercise.

--
Joe
http://www.jwpitt.com/cats.htm
Cat Rescue http://www.animalrescuefoundation.com
God created the cat so man could have the pleasure of petting the tiger

"Ted Davis" wrote in message
On Wed, 07 Jan 2004 14:55:13 GMT, "Joe Pitt"
wrote:

Someone told me they saw a toilet paper holder with a cover in a catalog
'somewhere'. Anyone seen this. I have a couple that won't leave it alone

and
another is trying to get it off the shelf I'm currently storing it on. I
tried turning so it won't roll out and then she gets so frustrated she
shreds it.

Balance a light weight plastic bowl about half full of water on top of
the roll so that when it's disturbed, the water spills out. Yeah, it
makes a mess, but I had to do it only twice to break the stubborn
toilet paper dragging yearling I once had - she never touuched it
again for the rest of her 17 years.

T.E.D. )

Old January 8th 04, 02:49 PM
Ted Davis

On Thu, 08 Jan 2004 13:04:03 GMT, "Joe Pitt"
wrote:

That might work, but I do rescue work and let the kittens and teenagers run
the house with my own(after 10 days of quarentine). It would be a constant
training exercise.

Weel, I've had a lot of cats in the last 35 years or so that I have
been keeping cats - as many as fourteen at a time - and only a very
few have defeated the trick of rolling the paper off the back, so I
have had to use the water trick for only a couple of cats in all. I
haven't needed to use it in almost eighteen years.

Of course, teenagers complicate the situation: it's much harder to
teach them not to play with toilet paper than it is to teach cats.

T.E.D. )