Boyfriend & Simon

Old November 12th 10, 02:12 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Lesley

Default Boyfriend & Simon

On Nov 12, 2:04*pm, Adrian wrote:

See! Even the cats say you smell. eg

GROAN!

It can't be that- Dave says he's seen them sit up and he's looked out
of the window and realised I'm still a few yards from the house on one
occasion he reckons he looked out of the window for a couple of
minutes before I've come into sight

Lesley

Slave of the Fabulous Furballs
Old November 12th 10, 04:39 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

"CatNipped" wrote in message
Actually, it's their hearing that conveys that information - everybody
walks in slightly different pace and movement. I can tell you, from
personal experience, that they can also recognize vehicle. Archer will be
laying in bed for me and, when he hears Ben pulling up to the house he
becomes alert and watches the door for Ben to come through. He only does
it when it's Ben - other vehicles pulling up to the house doesn't interest
him more than a flicker of an ear.

--

It must have been the way he walks then as Simon has a new car and has only
been once before in it.

Tweed

Old November 12th 10, 05:06 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

"Adrian" wrote in message

Simon is obviously a very special person.

He is. He's kind and gentle. He changes my lightbulbs & smoke alarm
batteries since I fell off a ladder and don't trust myself now. He
refigured my new computer, which proved a challenge and took a while. He
persuaded one of his friends to give me a flat screen monitor that was a
spare. To match my new computer in all black so it looked "space age"
I try to reciprocate by giving him advice about the chickens he got last
year as a newbie.
Counselling is a painful process to say the least. Everything has to come
out and there is lots of weeping as it does. Simon knows (almost)
everything about me and still likes me enough to keep in touch as a friend
when his duty is done, in theory, now I have left my employment he could
abandon me.
He is a modern day saint.
Boyfriend recognised it.
Tweed

Old November 12th 10, 05:17 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

I don't hate meowchat, Granby, what gave you that impression?
I understand it well but am not a good speaker of it.

Tweed

"Granby" wrote in message
I know you hate meowchat so, to quote what my cats would say "Cats just
know these things;" Like how they can know the mailman is coming when they
are still out in the street. They just know.
"Christina Websell" wrote in message
Simon is an ex-counsellor & befriender I had, provided by my workplace. I
was bullied by a manager when my performance fell when my mother was
found dead, but apparently it's OK to do that as long as they were seen
to do the correct thing by providing a counsellor after bullying me into
clinical depression.

Anyway, I'm fine now, thanks to Simon and he visits me occasionally.
Simon is the only person that Boyfie does not flee from.
So yesterday, when the doorbell sounded Boyfie did not move from his
chair where he was snoozing. Normally if anyone knocks on the door or
rings the bell he is off to the back door to escape.
I knew it was Simon, but I can't see how he did.
We talked for ages with Boyfie asleep but twitching his ears. Just
before Simon went home Boyfie got up, went over to Simon and invited an
ear scritch which he got.
The only person in the world who he ever allowed to touch him except
myself.
Tweed

Old November 12th 10, 07:19 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

Christina Websell wrote:

I know Boyfie has fantastic hearing as he waits outside my bedroom door and
only meows for his brekkie when he hears my breathing change as I wake up.
I can't fool him either by pretending to go back to sleep by breathing more
deeply either, oh no, "I *know* you're awake, meowmie, now GET UP!"

Hahaha! Roxy is the same way. If I'm lying in bed in the morning, trying
to wake up, she will sit on a nearby surface, staring at me. Occasionally,
I will be awakened by her walking on me, purring in my ear, etc, with no
memory of having dozed off.

Joyce

--
Taxes: Money you complain about giving the government, to pay for
services whose absence you would complain about.
Old November 13th 10, 05:51 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Storrmmee

I just was thinking about my fathers irish setter, her name was kelly
jane... my father worked shift work, and sometimes over time, overs were
from two to eight hors, it didn't matter when he arrived home, she would
wake up and sit by the front door for five minutes, if the front door was
open she would stand on her hind legs and look out as he entered our block,
if it was cold and the door was cold she would go to the window in the
living room, stick her nose between the drapes and stare out at the same
moment, it never failed no matter the time of day, from work or to the stre,
she just "KNEW" when her hoomin was arriving, Lee
"Lesley" wrote in message
On Nov 12, 7:42 am, "Storrmmee" wrote:
partly telepathic i am sure, and partly YOUR behavior,or smell or
whatever,

Dave says Sarsi and Dunzi both sit up and head for the door just
before I put my key in the front door downstairs so it can't be that
they can smell me or hear my footprints

Old November 13th 10, 06:12 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Marina

On 11/11/2010 19:22, Christina Websell wrote:
snip

Anyway, I'm fine now, thanks to Simon and he visits me occasionally. Simon
is the only person that Boyfie does not flee from.
So yesterday, when the doorbell sounded Boyfie did not move from his chair
where he was snoozing. Normally if anyone knocks on the door or rings the
bell he is off to the back door to escape.

snip

It's hard for a mere human to credit how extremely good hearing cats
have. I remember reading that they can hear a mouse scaratching about
something like 60 centimetres underground (don't remember if that was
the exact number, but close enough).

I once moved to the fourth floor of a high-rise. I only had one cat at
that time, Frank. It was an old building, with very high ceilings and
thick walls, so the fourth floor was very high up and, you'd think, well
isolated from sounds. My parents were helping me with sorting out some
stuff, and Dad and I went downstairs to take something to the bins. Mum
stayed upstairs with Frank. She said she saw through the window as we
came back into the building, and right at that moment Frank went to the
door of the flat and sat there waiting until I came in. There had been
people (strangers) going up and down the stairs all the time we were
working, but Frank didn't react to any of them. He'd been sleeping until
he heard me enter the building on the ground floor, four flights of
stairs down (there was no lift (elevator) in that building - I couldn't
live on the fourth floor without a lift now!).

--
Marina, Miranda and Caliban.
In loving memory of Frank and Nikki.

Old November 13th 10, 04:56 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

I'll pass on that for the moment until I (we) have a bit more time. Thank
you for the invitation anyway.
I used to be a lurker on there. I wept about Miss Violette.

Old November 13th 10, 05:07 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

"Marina" wrote in message
[...]

I find this really interesting.
(Btw glad to see you posting again, Marina)
I missed you.
Tweed