Cat not eating.

Old September 25th 03, 09:46 PM
Graham

Default Cat not eating.

Can someone please help.

I have recently got a cat from the cats protection shelter and brought her
home, she is just over 2 years old. The problem I'm getting is that she is
not eating much and she hasn't drank any water since coming into the home.
Is there a way I can make her eat/drink something?

Also she seems to hide behind the sofa as if she is scared of me, I've only
had her for two days so would it be down to that?

Thanks,

Graham

Old September 25th 03, 10:30 PM
m. L. Briggs

On Thu, 25 Sep 2003 21:46:30 +0100, "Graham"
wrote:

Can someone please help.

I have recently got a cat from the cats protection shelter and brought her
home, she is just over 2 years old. The problem I'm getting is that she is
not eating much and she hasn't drank any water since coming into the home.
Is there a way I can make her eat/drink something?

Also she seems to hide behind the sofa as if she is scared of me, I've only
had her for two days so would it be down to that?

Thanks,

Graham

Place fresh food and water where she can smell/see it then leave her
quietly alone. She probably will come out to eat when no one is
around to frighten her. This may take a few days. It might be a good
idea to leave a litter pan close by also (not next to the food). She
will need an adjustment period so don't try to rush it. Good luck.
MLB

Old September 25th 03, 11:31 PM
Gail

Yes, she is frightened and really should have been restricted to one room
until she gets used to you and her new home. Be patient........
Gail

Old September 26th 03, 12:54 AM
Cathy Friedmann

Do you have one room - such as a little-used bedroom or dining room, etc.,
where you could put her for a while? Putting her food, water, & litter box
in the room, along w/ a cushion or two for comfiness - if no bed or
upholstered chair is in the room. That might make her less frightened/more
comfortable. You can then go in w/ her at various times & just sit
quietly - reading or whatever, along w/ occasionally talking to her, till
she shows signs of getting used to your presence, if you also feel that
she's uncomfortable as far as people go right now.

Cathy

("The Boy in the Bubble") Paul Simon

.. .