Catnip. The good stuff this time.

Old December 1st 04, 06:27 PM
Christina Websell

Default Catnip. The good stuff this time.

I have a friend who has three cats, and while she was driving me to hospital
the last time, I asked her whether hers liked catnip or not. She said two
of them did, and one was absolutely mad about it.
I told her that I'd bought Kitty & BF a catnip mouse (no interest) and then
a catnip spray, which I sprayed the mousie and their bed with, everything.
They couldn't care less.
She told me that she knew where to get "good stuff" Wink, and would get
some for my cats.
That was a few weeks ago, and I thought nothing else about it.
Today is my b'day, and a package in the porch contained two wrapped
presents. One was a CD for me and the other was a small box of CATNIP!!
"that will launch your cat into a whimsical paradise called Kookamunga.
Kookamunga is like Nirvana or heaven for cats - but with better parking."

Inside the box was a thingie a bit like a handkerchief and some string. I
took it I had to tie the catnip up into the material, so I did, and used
half of it to make a little pouchie thing.

I threw it in the direction of Boyfriend, and he came to look to see what it
was. As soon as he got up to it, he started to rub his cheeks against it
and roll on the carpet. Then he began to toss it, and bite it and dangle it
from his claws as he held his legs right up in the air. LOL! He played
like this for about fifteen minutes and then he decided he loved me very
much. He wound himself round and round my legs and attempted to purr - he
doesn't normally purr, it's hard for him for some reason. Then he lay on
the carpet again, and kept showing me his tummy and doing upside downy head.

So - I guess it works on Boyfriend g Kitty seems to be immune to it.
After BF was completely stoned out, I showed Kitty the cotton pouch and put
it right under her nose. No go.

Not many minutes later, BF asked to go out. I wasn't sure whether to let
him in case he wasn't quite there in his mind. However, he came back safely
after 20 minutes, and got his mouth round the catnip pouchie again.

He's been out to toilet just now, come in, and he's definitely in for the
night. Wow. This is *some* stuff. He is *not* going out tonight. Last
night, foxes woke me up at 1 a.m. going "WoW, WoW. WoW" in front of my
house. I got up, looked out of the window, and couldn't see anything. At
ten to two I saw a very large dog fox go past wowwing, this is the contact
call.
Sometimes they take cats. Not all foxes will, but some do. I was glad mine
were inside. I know a farmer friend who has witnessed a fox with a cat in
it's mouth, and someone else who found a foxes earth under a shed with quite
a few cat's paws there.
So, I'd prefer that my two would stay in at night. They don't always want
to, though. They like to hunt, but the back door is open for them 24/7, and
I like to think if a fox was after them, they could run for the house.
Alternatively there are a lot of trees they could climb. They can both
climb like experts.

Tweed

Old December 1st 04, 06:42 PM
Sherry

He is *not* going out tonight. Last
night, foxes woke me up at 1 a.m. going "WoW, WoW. WoW" in front of my
house.

There was a UK guy on the groups a while back that adamantly insisted foxes do
not take cats. I always wondered about that. I always figured they could take a
small cat, if they wanted to bad enough. You were right to keep him in. Not
worth the chance.
Sherry
Old December 1st 04, 07:02 PM
Karen

"Sherry " wrote in message
He is *not* going out tonight. Last
night, foxes woke me up at 1 a.m. going "WoW, WoW. WoW" in front of my
house.

There was a UK guy on the groups a while back that adamantly insisted

foxes do
not take cats. I always wondered about that. I always figured they could

take a
small cat, if they wanted to bad enough. You were right to keep him in.

Not
worth the chance.
Sherry

Heh. I was thinking of Bob too. Seems to have fallen off the face of
newsgroups.

I"m glad Boyfriend has found a catnip toy to love!

Old December 1st 04, 07:18 PM
Christina Websell

"Sherry " wrote in message
He is *not* going out tonight. Last
night, foxes woke me up at 1 a.m. going "WoW, WoW. WoW" in front of my
house.

There was a UK guy on the groups a while back that adamantly insisted
foxes do
not take cats. I always wondered about that. I always figured they could
take a
small cat, if they wanted to bad enough. You were right to keep him in.
Not
worth the chance.
Sherry

There isn't any doubt that *some* foxes will take cats. Not all of them. I
know someone who has a cat, and was still up quite late, maybe 1 a.m. His
security light came on, and he heard an awful fighting noise. He looked out
of his window and saw that a fox had hold of his cat. He raced outside, the
fox dropped the cat. It was very badly injured, had to go to TED
immediately, fortunately eventually recovered. Which makes me wonder about
all these cats that go missing in Britain and never appear again. If he
hadn't been up so late, he couldn't have intervened and would never had
known what happened to his cat.
BF could definitely look after himself against a fox. Not when he's stoned
though!
He is inside and safe and that's where he'll be until the morning.
I love him too much to take any risks with him.

Tweed

Old December 2nd 04, 01:18 AM
Elise

"Christina Websell" wrote in message
Today is my b'day, and a package in the porch contained two wrapped
presents. One was a CD for me and the other was a small box of CATNIP!!
"that will launch your cat into a whimsical paradise called Kookamunga.
Kookamunga is like Nirvana or heaven for cats - but with better parking."

Happy Birthday Tweed! May you have many more happy, healthy years ahead of
you.
--
Elise (supervised by Gossamer & Jeeves)
dragonandthistle at snet dot net

Old December 2nd 04, 05:44 AM
Marina

Christina Websell wrote:

I have a friend who has three cats, and while she was driving me to hospital
the last time, I asked her whether hers liked catnip or not. She said two
of them did, and one was absolutely mad about it.
I told her that I'd bought Kitty & BF a catnip mouse (no interest) and then
a catnip spray, which I sprayed the mousie and their bed with, everything.
They couldn't care less.
She told me that she knew where to get "good stuff" Wink, and would get
some for my cats.
That was a few weeks ago, and I thought nothing else about it.
Today is my b'day, and a package in the porch contained two wrapped
presents. One was a CD for me and the other was a small box of CATNIP!!

Happy Birthday, Tweed! And it obviously meant a happy birthday for
Boyfriend, too. Glad he enjoyed his 'hit'.

--
Marina, Frank and Nikki
Old December 2nd 04, 05:46 AM
Marina

Cheryl Perkins wrote:

Someone in a health food store told me cats went mad for valerian, so I
buoght some. Mine didn't like it, and I hated the smell! But they do like
some nice catnip. Mandy even enjoyed the milder cat mint that I grew
outside last summer. I tried growing catnip one summer. I ended up with a
kind of dust bowl in that part of the garden. I swear every cat with a
couple of miles must have loved it!

Frank reacts to dried thyme exactly the same way as to catnip.

--
Marina, Frank and Nikki
Old December 2nd 04, 08:33 AM
Krista

Happy Birthday!! I'm glad Boyfriend had a good time; I hope you did
too. :-)

------
Krista