Nocturne: ABORT MISSION!

Old October 27th 06, 01:50 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Enfilade

Default Nocturne: ABORT MISSION!

I had my parents here for a week.

Nocturne would come out in the evenings and weave around the computer
chair, bunting and mrring, then prepared to jump onto the computer
user's lap. At the moment of liftoff, Nox realized the computer chair
was occupied by my mother and not me. Abort mission! Abort! Abort!
My mother's lap is not good enough for Nocturne. She twisted in
mid-air and stalked off to the kitchen in search of me.

This happened several times

GOOD bad kitty. MY lapnox, not yours.

--Fil

Old October 28th 06, 01:29 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Lesley

Enfilade wrote:
. She twisted in
mid-air and stalked off to the kitchen in search of me.

I really don't want to think about what the Queen of Darkness is going
to do to your mother for daring to be in the chair where she expected
you to be!

I should imagine no company would insure your mum at this moment

Lelsey

Slave of the Fabulous Furballs

Old October 28th 06, 06:31 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Marina

Enfilade wrote:
I had my parents here for a week.

Nocturne would come out in the evenings and weave around the computer
chair, bunting and mrring, then prepared to jump onto the computer
user's lap. At the moment of liftoff, Nox realized the computer chair
was occupied by my mother and not me. Abort mission! Abort! Abort!
My mother's lap is not good enough for Nocturne. She twisted in
mid-air and stalked off to the kitchen in search of me.

This happened several times

GOOD bad kitty. MY lapnox, not yours.

LOL! I can just imagine the look on her face as she was jumping. Hehehe.

Old October 29th 06, 10:16 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
polonca12000

Enfilade wrote:

I had my parents here for a week.

Nocturne would come out in the evenings and weave around the computer
chair, bunting and mrring, then prepared to jump onto the computer
user's lap. At the moment of liftoff, Nox realized the computer chair
was occupied by my mother and not me. Abort mission! Abort! Abort!
My mother's lap is not good enough for Nocturne. She twisted in
mid-air and stalked off to the kitchen in search of me.

This happened several times

GOOD bad kitty. MY lapnox, not yours.

--Fil

Great story, Fil! Thanks.
Best wishes,
Polonca and Soncek

Old October 31st 06, 01:09 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Micha

On 27 Oct 2006 05:50:29 -0700, Enfilade wrote:

I had my parents here for a week.

Nocturne would come out in the evenings and weave around the computer
chair, bunting and mrring, then prepared to jump onto the computer
user's lap. At the moment of liftoff, Nox realized the computer chair
was occupied by my mother and not me. Abort mission! Abort! Abort!
My mother's lap is not good enough for Nocturne. She twisted in
mid-air and stalked off to the kitchen in search of me.

This happened several times

GOOD bad kitty. MY lapnox, not yours.

--Fil

That reminds me of a story which happend when I was a student at the
university of Hannover.

My landlady had a dog (a big German Shepherd named Benny) and two
cats: a big black tomcat and a "normal" sized female (white with
grey). I don't recall their names.

One sunny afternoon I came back from the university. I entered the
garden and stepped on the footpath leading to the front door of the
house. The door was open and Benny stood in the doorframe on top of
the stairs leading to the door. To my right our little female cat was
running through the neighbour's garden, followed by another cat -
presumably a male. I slowed down a bit to watch that scene. Benny had
noticed as well, that "his" cat was followed by a stranger and was
watching closely.

Our little female jumped into our garden, still followed by the other
cat and turned towards the house. Now the other cat also jumped into
our garden. Benny noticed that and now went into action. His
approximately 90 pounds dashed forward, he nearly tipped me over and
flung himself between our little female and the stranger, barking like
hell.

The stranger was taken by surprise. He managed to turn around in mid
air, headed for a tree and raced up like a lightning. He settled on a
branch about 4 yards high and was hissing like mad. Benny stood on his
hindlegs, his forelegs high up the trunk - he was reaching nearly two
yards up the trunk - and barked.

Meanwhile our little female had reached the door and sat down on top
of the stairs, watching the scene. She sat there like a little
princess: upright, all paws close together and her tail wrapped around
her paws in a nifty manner. She seemed to be very amused.

Squarely Yours
Michael
--
Square Dance is friendship put to music
Andrea and Michael with the furry boys Blacky and Merlin