Synulos, cat in distress.

Old June 30th 04, 02:50 AM
Dermuid

"Cheryl" wrote in message
: In the fine newsgroup "rec.pets.cats.health+behav", "Dermuid"
: artfully composed this message within
: on 29 Jun
: 2004:
:
: Some of them are, I have see the various vets programs on TV and
: believe me I do not know how Truda Mostrum, excuse spelling,
: managed to qualify as a vet, hey, once you get your own TV
: series you can do anything.
:
: Who is this? Is it an AP show?
:

I am not sure Cheryl, this is who she is, shot to fame for being hopeless as
a student vet.

http://www.lady.co.uk/articles/0308artA.cfm?framed=y

Old June 30th 04, 05:09 AM
MacCandace

the cure is worse than the infection, (nail root infection)
thats what the vet said.

I'm not sure what this is exactly but one of my late cats, Emily, used to bite
at the claws on her front paws mercilessly...like someone chewing their nails.
Periodically, her claw would get infected. What we did, at our vet's
suggestion, was to make a solution of betadine (povidone iodine) in warm water
and soak her paw in it for 5 minutes 2 times a day. It worked but it was
miserable getting her to keep her paw in the water that long. Betadine is
messy, too, her little white paws were yellow for awhile.

Candace
(take the litter out before replying by e-mail)

See my cats:
http://photos.yahoo.com/maccandace

"One does not meet oneself until one catches the reflection from an eye other
than human." (Loren Eisely)

Old June 30th 04, 11:20 AM
Dermuid

"Laura R." wrote in message
.. .
: circa Wed, 30 Jun 2004 02:50:18 +0100, in rec.pets.cats.health+behav,
: Dermuid ) said,
: : Some of them are, I have see the various vets programs on TV and
: : believe me I do not know how Truda Mostrum, excuse spelling,
: : managed to qualify as a vet, hey, once you get your own TV
: : series you can do anything.
: :
: : Who is this? Is it an AP show?
: :
:
: I am not sure Cheryl, this is who she is, shot to fame for being
hopeless as
: a student vet.
:
: http://www.lady.co.uk/articles/0308artA.cfm?framed=y
:
:
: Interesting. So she's still lousy?
:

Yes, very poor indeed, I watched all the TV series form the start and I dont
know how she managed to qualify, here's a tip for wanna be vets, when you
make a total hash of treating an animal smile at the camera and giggle, it
works, you will have your own TV series by the time you graduate.
As a TV presenter she does not get hands on which is good news for animals,
she comments on what real vets are doing, that picture of her with the Polar
Bear is a joke, she does not know the first thing about kittens let alone
bears.

Old June 30th 04, 11:52 AM
Dermuid

"Laura R." wrote in message

: Okay, so throw a little foam on the chin and push the ears back, and
: you've got a cat who doesn't like his medicine. Did he look like
: that? ;-)
:

Laura, try stuffing some foam in your mouth and post the photo on here, cat
suit is optional, and I will let you know if its more or less

Old June 30th 04, 06:44 PM
Dermuid

"Laura R." wrote in message
.. .
: circa Wed, 30 Jun 2004 11:20:13 +0100, in rec.pets.cats.health+behav,
: Dermuid ) said,
: :
[...]
: Gee, sounds like American TV. ;-)
: