No "Jellicle Ball" here, but can we do a calling of the names?

Old October 12th 10, 01:01 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Yowie

Default No "Jellicle Ball" here, but can we do a calling of the names?

Judith Latham wrote:

*snip*

I would like to add two names to the list:-

Sweep - House of Latham
Sophie - House of Latham

Judith

BTW may we add dog's names or is it just for cats?

The list does not discriminate against creatures not fortunate enough to be
born feline :-)

Ie, dogs and any other type of critter that is loved & missed is welcome.

Yowie

Old October 12th 10, 01:08 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Yowie

cshenk wrote:
"Yowie" wrote

Alas, despite many fine folk (and cats) being willing to put aside
their differences with regard to remembering and honouring those of
us who have gone before, it seems that there is still some simmering
objection in RPCC to RPCA.

Hi Yowie, would that be rec.pets.cats.community? I just added it. I
have nothing against meowchat. I just wish I could find a functional
dog group! Thats probably why we see so many dog posts here. Folks
here are sane.

Yes, its RPCC.

RPCC is a very loving, caring, supportive group. They have their own culture
and traditions, and in many ways have kept those traditions alive better
than we have in RPCA. if you can cope with meowchat and have the time for
another cat-related group, I'd still highly recommend you at least pop in
and lurk for a while.

I have never truly particpated there both because i find translating to and
from meowchat to hoomin rather laborius (although I don't dislike it), and
mainly because I don't have the time to be active in another NG.

Yowie

Old October 12th 10, 01:41 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Kyla =^..^=[_7_]

Oh, Lee, you have our support on RPCC, and I am so sorry you are crying
((((((((((Lee))))))) Love, Kyla

you know there isn't very much that makes me cry but the thought that you
tried so hard for a combined celebration and because of stubborness or bad
feelings or plain not understanding your good intentions, that it will not
happen just breaks my heart... i will have two cats on the list this year,
and i really could have used that support at the ball. Lee, crying for
the first time since last week... when i burst into tears about tiger
while eating cornbread which he so loved, ...

"Yowie
Alas, despite many fine folk (and cats) being willing to put aside their
differences with regard to remembering and honouring those of us who have
gone before, it seems that there is still some simmering objection in
RPCC to RPCA.

Their Jellicle Ball is very special to them and the *last* thing I would
want to do is to interfere with something they all treasure by dragging
up bad blood between our group and theirs.

There's absolutely no reason why those who post to both groups can't have
the names of their kitties on both lists, but it won't be 'combined'. I
thought it was worth a shot, I guess I didn't understand the long
animosity that has existed between meowchatters and anecdoters. (to my
mind, we have so much in common!)

So, with that, I'd like to simply make a list of those cats (and
honourary cats) we'd like to remember at the time when the 'veil is at
its weakest', ie, when Halloween, Día de los Muertos, All Saints Day, All
souls day, Samhain, Beltane etc etc are observed. Folks can then light a
candle and read the list out, or meditate on it, or send well wishes, or
otherwise use the list as part of their observences as they so wish.

The format has always been:

Name of the one to be remembered, House of family name. If the one to
be remembered did not have a human family, or the family was unknown,
then House of Bast can always be used. It does not matter whether it is
known if the loved one is now at Rainbow Bridge or not, what matters is
that there is a hole in someone heart at the absence of their loved one.

I'll call the thread "List of Remembrance"

Yowie

Old October 12th 10, 02:55 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Yowie

Granby wrote:
What the....would someone make up their minds. I thought it was
settled, you surely didn't expect 100 per cent agreement. Most of
rpcc made it clear you were all welcome. If you want a calling of
names here, that is wonderful, just let me know before I send anymore
stuff no one is interested in reading.

I think folks going over to RPCC to participate is a wonderful idea, Granby,
and would encourage all of those who can cope with the meowchat-ness of it
to do so, as its a wodnerful, special and very moving ceremony, one I fully
support and will send Pickle to if Pickle and I have the time. But the
joining of hte groups together had too many obstacles to sort out at late
notice, so perhaps it woudl be better to talk about it more after this years
Jellicle Ball in RPCC has happened. I'd hate to do anything to spoil it.

Also, see an e-mail I sent you a little earlier from my work addy.

Yoiwe

Old October 12th 10, 02:57 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Yowie

Will in New Haven wrote:
On Oct 11, 10:28 am, Sherry wrote:
On Oct 11, 8:42 am, Will in New Haven

wrote:
On Oct 11, 8:21 am, Yowie wrote:

[...]

That would be nice. I am going to "mirror" posts from the RPCC ball
to RPCA because the chief objection to cross-posting is from people
who have _all_ cross-posts killfiled. It isn't the old feud so much
as the common usenet problem with cross-posting. Having those who
killfile cross-posts miss the Ball isn't acceptable.

For the RPCA list, I would like to add Maggy May, house of Coan.

--
Will in New Haven- Hide quoted text -

With all due respect, Will, I don't understand what you mean by
"mirror".
Do you mean you will copy/paste all postings relevent to the Jellicle
Ball
and re-post them on rpca? If so, would it not be simpler and less
redundant
for the folks who choose to read them to just lurk in rpcc?

I was just going to post the reading of names. I certainly suggest
that anyone who wants more just hang out on rpcc. We are going to try
to make the posts as intelligible as possible for guests. Lurking,
while perfectly ok, isn't necessarily the limit. Anyone may post and
it needn't be even attempt at meowchat.

Thats a lovely gesture, Will. Thankyou.

Yowie

Old October 12th 10, 02:58 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Matthew[_3_]

Lee You have me in tears thinking you are sad. I know how it is. I lost
Dumplin and Phantom not too long ago. I am right there with you.
Reaching out to give you a hug

The ball idea is great but I think we need it here and not worry about the
other group and what they have to say. This is our family here ;-)

Old October 12th 10, 03:01 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Storrmmee

but that is the point they are my family also, i was hoping the two sides of
my family could come together, I am ok now, but thanks for understanding,
its so very hard this year, not only are my two on the calling, my mom's cat
and dog are on as well, Lee
g.com...

Old October 12th 10, 05:52 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
MatSav[_2_]

"Yowie" wrote in message
[...]

Mrs Cat, House of Savage
Minstrel, aka Bloggs, House of Savage
Tabs, House of Savage
Manfred, House of Savage
Fred, House of Edwards
Whisky, House of Savage
Dodo, House of Edwards
Binky, House of Wallace
William, House of Bast
Salston (Honorary cat), House of Couch
Rufus (Honorary cat), House of Wellington

Old October 12th 10, 11:08 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Lucy's Mom[_2_]

On Oct 11, 7:21*am, Yowie wrote:
[...]

Shadow, House of Peterson
Tiger, House of Peterson
Casper, House of Peterson and
A special friend Goblin, House of Lawrence