Icarus Update

Old August 21st 04, 04:06 AM
Cat Protector

Default Icarus Update

For those that are curious, Icarus got his FELV/FIV test done today and it
was negative. He also got his shots as well but I was told that he was a
real firecracker with the doctor and the vet techs. He is 8 months old
(although they also told me a second time he was 7 months old). They had
trouble weighing him because of his stressed out nature but they guessed he
was 7lbs. He is going to the vet next week to get neutered.

Today has been an interesting day. When I brought him home Jade at first
went up to the carrier to check him out and didn't hiss. Then a second time
she hissed. Isis didn't want to bother as she was too busy hiding. Of course
later when he was let out of the bathroom for introductions Isis was hissing
and stalking him. He coward a little bit but wanted nothing more to play.
The hissing has lessened a bit since Isis has been chasing him down with a
combo play and then establishing the rules. He went to eat where the food
dishes are but Isis was there hissing. Apparently the youngster needs to
learn that despite the food dishes, it is one cat at a time. This night
should be interesting.

Old August 22nd 04, 08:17 PM
Cat Protector

The last couple of days have been interesting. Now Icarus has taken to
chasing after Isis and Jade and they are hissing at him. Jade and Isis now
try to stay clear of him. He is being neutered this week so I am wondering
if his not being neutered yet is a big part of the problem. I have broken up
a few skirmishes between the cats. So, far there has been no bloodshed and I
have sent Icarus to the other room quite a few times. He needs to learn his
behavior is not acceptable and is driving everyone nuts. Hopefully his being
neutered will reduce the fights.

"Karen Chuplis" wrote in message
I will be interested in hearing his progress. I'm very glad he was

healthy.

Old August 23rd 04, 12:11 AM
Cat Protector

He's had a couple of time outs today. Right now he is sleeping peacefully
next to Isis.

"Karen Chuplis" wrote in message
It will help and "time out" really works well if you do it consistantly.

Old August 25th 04, 03:34 AM
Cat Protector

For those wondering, Icarus goes in to get neutered tomorrow.

Old August 25th 04, 03:34 AM
Cat Protector

For those wondering, Icarus goes in to get neutered tomorrow.

Old August 25th 04, 04:17 AM
Karen Chuplis

in article FUSWc.132327$sh.22773@fed1read06, Cat Protector at
wrote on 8/24/04 9:34 PM:

For those wondering, Icarus goes in to get neutered tomorrow.

Good luck!