AHHH! Get it off me!

Old January 15th 05, 05:50 AM
JB

Default AHHH! Get it off me!

The other day, I was sitting in my recliner, watching TV or reading
usenet or both, when this racket started up. Sounded like something
being knocked off a counter. But it didn't quit like that would have,
and I couldn't identify the noise, and it was getting louder. I got
up and turned toward the kitchen, expecting to see more stuff than I
have in the kitchen on the kitchen floor and a fleeing cat. Instead,
I saw a clear kitchen floor and a cat running *into* the kitchen and
then immediately out. I saw that it was Buck, and she was "stuck" in
a paper grocery bag! Sort of hermit-crab style, with her head and
legs exposed but the rest inside. And she was absolutely *tearing*
through the house, trying to get away from the noisy thing on her
back. I could do nothing but fall to the floor in a fit of laughter.
I still get tears in my eyes just thinking about how funny that was.

I figured out that she must have gotten into a paper bag and gotten a
leg through the handle. I usually leave out the un-handled kind for
the kitties, but I'm not the neatest guy ever, so I was bound to leave
out a handled bag sooner or later.

Anyway, as I was collapsing, she was running to the spare bedroom,
where she dove under the bed. That action apparently broke her free
of the bag handle and put her in a nice, quiet place to recover.

Jeff
--
j if e-mail to the posting address | "The sea was angry that day, my friends,
f bounces, look left and below. | like an old man trying to send back soup
Old January 15th 05, 06:06 AM
mlbriggs

On Sat, 15 Jan 2005 05:50:25 +0000, JB wrote:

[...]

That happened to TuTu once only it was a plastic bag with several other
plastic bags in it. She went tearing through the house with me trying to
catch hold of her as she passed back and forth. It took a while before I
was able to catch the bag and pull it off. What an experience! MLB

Old January 15th 05, 06:31 AM
Karen Chuplis

in article , mlbriggs at
wrote on 1/15/05 12:06AM:

[...]

Same with Sugar. I was VERY careful with bags after that.She was terrified!

Old January 15th 05, 06:42 AM
O J

Jeff wrote:

---------------------snip----------------------
I figured out that she must have gotten into a paper bag and gotten a
leg through the handle. I usually leave out the un-handled kind for
the kitties, but I'm not the neatest guy ever, so I was bound to leave
out a handled bag sooner or later

-----------------------snip----------------------

I've seen that in person. Poor little thing got over the bag scare
quickly enough, but her dignity took a little longer to reappear.

Regards and Purrs,
O J
Old January 16th 05, 07:28 AM
Duke of Url

JB wrote:

[...]

You sure Buck isn't really Snooch?

Old January 17th 05, 03:24 AM
JB

In ,
Duke of Url shouted to everyone in earshot,

You sure Buck isn't really Snooch?

Nope, but I don't know of Snooch. One of yours? Prone to getting
chased by paper bags?

Jeff
--
j if e-mail to the posting address | Mike: So what is "additional dialogue,"
f bounces, look left and below. | anyway?
Old January 17th 05, 03:30 AM
JB

In ,
O J shouted to everyone in earshot,

I've seen that in person. Poor little thing got over the bag scare
quickly enough, but her dignity took a little longer to reappear.

Buck was about 15 minutes on the scare and about 15 more minutes on
the dignity. Jimmer and Grizzly seemed a bit shaken up, too... they
seemed sure the noise was going to start back up any second and were
keeping a sharp eye on the back hallway from the front of the house.
Jimmer was even "safe" in his box in the living room, out of Buck's
path--don't know why he came out if he was so nervous, but that's
cats, I guess.

Jeff
--
j if e-mail to the posting address | Burns: I don't have to take this abuse!
f bounces, look left and below. | Pierce: Oh, yes, you do, Frank. You
Old January 17th 05, 11:29 AM
Duke of Url

JB wrote:
In ,
Duke of Url shouted to everyone in earshot,

You sure Buck isn't really Snooch?

Nope, but I don't know of Snooch. One of yours? Prone to getting
chased by paper bags?

I was referring to Ebenezer and Snooch, the "Two Lumps" - check out
http://twolumps.keenspace.com/