Happy Finnish Independence Day

Old December 7th 08, 03:05 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Steve Touchstone[_3_]

Default Happy Finnish Independence Day

going out to the Finnish kitties

itsenäisyyspäivä (don't really know what that means - cut and paste
from wikipedia)

(nope, I'm not really smart enough to remember, but saw a notice in
the catslaves yahoo group)
--
Steve Touchstone
Little Bit, Sammy, Spotty, Princess, Furby
Old December 7th 08, 05:55 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Marina

Steve Touchstone wrote:
going out to the Finnish kitties

itsenäisyyspäivä (don't really know what that means - cut and paste
from wikipedia)

(nope, I'm not really smart enough to remember, but saw a notice in
the catslaves yahoo group)

Thanks, Steve. Itsenäisyys means independence and päivä means day.

--
Marina, Miranda and Caliban.
In loving memory of Frank and Nikki.
Old December 7th 08, 06:58 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Steve Touchstone[_3_]

On Sun, 07 Dec 2008 07:55:42 +0200, Marina
wrote:

Steve Touchstone wrote:
going out to the Finnish kitties

itsenäisyyspäivä (don't really know what that means - cut and paste
from wikipedia)

(nope, I'm not really smart enough to remember, but saw a notice in
the catslaves yahoo group)

Thanks, Steve. Itsenäisyys means independence and päivä means day.

And now I see from a post I just read that you speak Swedish to Mir
and Caliban - so will include självständighetsdag - which should mean
the same thing

1 of the things I enjoy about the internet is the ability to almost
instantly goggle something when something is mentioned that raises a
question in my mind.
Old December 7th 08, 12:29 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Adrian[_2_]

Steve Touchstone wrote:
going out to the Finnish kitties

Does that include Estonian kitties that live in Finland? ;-)
Cats leave pawprints on your heart

Old December 7th 08, 01:38 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christine K

Steve Touchstone kirjoitti:
going out to the Finnish kitties

itsenäisyyspäivä (don't really know what that means - cut and paste
from wikipedia)

(nope, I'm not really smart enough to remember, but saw a notice in
the catslaves yahoo group)
--
Steve Touchstone
Little Bit, Sammy, Spotty, Princess, Furby
and Rocky (RB)
Pix at http://tinyurl.com/22pfn8
Vids at http://tinyurl.com/4yb6nj

Thanks, Steve.
Laku was at home alone, cared for by my mother, while I was off
"gallivanting" in Turku for the weekend...

--
Christine in Finland
christal63 (at) gmail (dot) com
Old December 7th 08, 02:44 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Victor Martinez

Adrian wrote:
Does that include Estonian kitties that live in Finland? ;-)

Surely Mr. Caliban qualifies as a Finn by now...

--
Victor M. Martinez
Send your spam he

Old December 7th 08, 03:25 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Marina

Adrian wrote:
Steve Touchstone wrote:
going out to the Finnish kitties

Does that include Estonian kitties that live in Finland? ;-)

Oh, I'd say he's pretty independent. Though he does still have his
Estonian passport.

Old December 7th 08, 03:26 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Marina

Victor Martinez wrote:
Adrian wrote:
Does that include Estonian kitties that live in Finland? ;-)

Surely Mr. Caliban qualifies as a Finn by now...

I don't know, he still holds his Estonian passport. Maybe he has dual
citizenship.