Garden

Old October 5th 09, 07:33 AM posted to alt.cats.world.domination,rec.pets.cats.anecdotes,free.uk.pets.cats
Pat[_4_]

Default Garden

"Mr Pounder" wrote

http://www.petguys.com/-039079084580...=-039079084580

Old October 5th 09, 07:17 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Mr Pounder

"Jofirey" wrote in message

"Marina" wrote in message
Jofirey wrote:
I don't know if it is available in other forms, but I have a spray
bottle of orange oil that I got at the pet store. Either PetCo or
PetSmart.

And that is a good reminder for me. Molly is extremely fond of
electrical cords. She seems to know that the ones that carry power
are bad for her, but she munches on telephone cords and computer
wires with abandon given a chance. In self defense I drench them
with orange oil and keeps a lot of spares around. It seems to wear
off, and they are due for another dose.

Another one that works for me is Tabasco. I think Britta suggested that a
long time ago. Caliban has this weird fascination for chewing on the
knobs of the drawers at the bottom of my bookcase. I treat them with
Tabasco every now and then. I imagine the smell of orange oil would be
preferable to Tabsaco, though. To hoomins, that is.

There are some nice orange oil based furniture polishes.

Jo

The Scare Cat seems to be working.
No damage today.

Steve

Old October 5th 09, 07:19 PM posted to alt.cats.world.domination,rec.pets.cats.anecdotes,free.uk.pets.cats
Mr Pounder

"Yowie" wrote in message
"Mr Pounder" wrote in message
. com
"Pat" wrote in message
et...

"Mr Pounder" wrote

I have tried a lot of stuff - no good.

Have you tried the repellent I suggested? It works here where I have
a large
and very precious (to me) food garden!

Can you refresh me on the repellents please?

No muck or damage since the Scare Cat was fixed.
I have orange juice ready; gotta see if the Scare Cat really works -
process of elimination.

Beware the effect of orange *juice* on the garden - too much and it will
acidify your soil. Its also full of sugar so it will be sticky and you may
get ants and/or other 6 legged critters after the sweetness.

Not saying orange *juice* won't work, but orange *oil* will provide more
stink and less sticky sweet acidic stuff. And oil will be more rain
resistant, albeit more expensive.

Good luck.

Yowie
--
If you're paddling upstream in a canoe and a wheel falls off, how many
pancakes can you fit in a doghouse? None, icecream doesn't have bones.

Two small bottles yet to be used.
No damage yet, Scare Cat may be working.........................

Steve

Old October 5th 09, 07:20 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Mr Pounder

wrote in message
Yowie wrote:

"Mr Pounder" wrote in message

I have orange juice ready; gotta see if the Scare Cat really works -
process of elimination.

Beware the effect of orange *juice* on the garden - too much and it will
acidify your soil. Its also full of sugar so it will be sticky and you
may
get ants and/or other 6 legged critters after the sweetness.

Not saying orange *juice* won't work, but orange *oil* will provide more
stink and less sticky sweet acidic stuff. And oil will be more rain
resistant, albeit more expensive.

I thought the idea was to put orange *peels* in the garden, not juice.
When I said "fresh-squeezed orange juice" in another post, I meant that
you could make juice once you collected the peels. The juice is for
YOU to drink and enjoy, not to put on the plants.

Joyce

--
War is God's way of teaching Americans geography.

Sorry, I meant orange oil.

Steev

Old October 5th 09, 10:06 PM posted to alt.cats.world.domination,rec.pets.cats.anecdotes,free.uk.pets.cats
ScratchMonkey

"tanadashoes" wrote in
m:

Whenever I want to chase grapefruit out of my yard, I buy citrus
repellent.

Pam S. in a goofy mood

LOL, goofy works for me!
Old October 6th 09, 06:58 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Mr Pounder

wrote in message
Mr Pounder wrote:

A dog would make marks on the wonderful spotlessly clean wooden
floors:-(

Yes, but they would be dog marks, not cat marks. There's a difference
:-).
(please do not question female logic, you'll only end up hurting
yourself)

I spent one hour in the garage today whilst the floor was being washed.
Not
allowed in.

I hope it's not too presumtuous of me to say, but it sounds like your
wife is a tad obsessive about the floors. I'm all for cleanliness, but
there's more to life than clean floors.

The floor shows every single mark and you are not being presumptuous.
This is our retirement home and she is very proud of it. She is retired, I
will retire in two years at 60.
The building coordinator visited us a few weeks ago and said it looked like
a showhouse :-)
I have a good home.

As for cats, you might want to mention to her that my sister has 7+ cats
(the "+" is for the foster cats who come and go - sometimes the total
number gets as high as 11 or 12) and yet always has immaculate, gleaming
floors. And I've never seen her cleaning them!

My neighbour in my last home had a load of cats.
To be honest Joyce the place stunk.

With carpet, you have to worry about animals, but not so much with hard
floors.

The Spider lives in carpets.
I hate Spiders!

Steve

--
The sun rose slowly, like a fiery furball coughed up uneasily onto a
sky-blue carpet by a giant unseen cat. -- Michael McGarel

Old October 8th 09, 10:13 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Yowie

"Mr Pounder" wrote in message

wrote in message
Mr Pounder wrote:

[...]

The only good thing about spiders is that the cats seem endlessly amused by
them. Can't stand them myself.

Yowie

Old October 9th 09, 01:10 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Jofirey

"Yowie" wrote in message
"Mr Pounder" wrote in message

wrote in message
Mr Pounder wrote:

[...]

Its not the only good thing about spiders. They also do an amazing
job of getting rid of lots of other creepy crawlies and flying pests
you would otherwise have to live with.

They do a lot of good as long as they stay where you don't get
reminded of their existence.

Jo

Old October 9th 09, 10:51 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Mr Pounder

"Yowie" wrote in message
"Mr Pounder" wrote in message

wrote in message
Mr Pounder wrote:

[...]

The orange oil seems to have worked.
No cat poo, no damage in my garden for the last two days.

Steve