There's Something About Mary

Old July 22nd 05, 04:27 AM
animzmirot

"Glitter Ninja" wrote in message
Charlie Wilkes writes:
his or her attention. Why and by whom? If Karma is not an
administrator, he or she is making an effort to sound like one.

I think they're trying to sound like one. There really aren't any
admins in Usenet.

Actually, there are a couple, although unless you know who they are, you've
never heard of them. Tale and Russ A are both usenet admins of a sort.

There are sysadmins of ISPs, though, and I suppose
that Karma could be that kind of sysadmin. They posted through Newsguy
with a unique ID (no other Google posts match that author) so it could
be anybody, really.

There are also news admins in pretty much every university and large company
who still offer usenet service.

And lastly, there is a large and active moderators list, which I'm on, that
discusses just this kind of Usenet issues. These people run/moderate many
diverse newsgroups and certainly are capable of finding and dissecting a
troll like Nancy with little effort.

Trying to destroy Usenet or the big eight hierarchy is silly, and I
doubt that anyone is even really trying to do that. There are over
100,000 newsgroups, so causing a fit in 6-7 of them is nothing.
However, I read Karma's post again last night, and I'm struck at how
there seem to be examples of Mary's sock puppets outing Mary for various
reasons. Why would Mary out herself if she wasn't just trying to be a
drama queen or cause a ruckus? She's posted on this thread, most
recently yesterday. She's not hiding.

Actually, she is hiding. She's been extremely quiet (and for her, that's
HIGHLY unusual) and I haven't seen her post anything with any vitriol in at
least 3 days. Pleasant, I'll admit!

Further, what Mary has been accused of doing isn't all that bad when
compared to others who like to cause trouble on Usenet. She's pretty
tame. Unless she is responsible for some real-life threats, she seems
harmless enough, and obviously will move on if ignored.

I would definately disagree here. Mary has tried mightily to troll and then
set up a newsgroup for distruction for her own jollies. That's evil and not
at all benign. She's posted personal information about people, she's
crossposted personal information, she's made sick accusations about posters
she doesn't even know... and she's highly bent on distruction. She's not
that tame.

Old July 22nd 05, 04:30 AM
whitershadeofpale

whitershadeofpale wrote:
"CatNipped"
LOL!

Hugs,

CatNipped

Here is quote from Karma. Beyond that, are quotes from Mary
See if they are line up.

I certainly don't expect anyone to read all the qoutes, but scanning gives
you a feel.

Mary is 15 post short of 10,000 posts Under the name of Mary, since July =

1st
2003

Guess where 100% of these 10,000 posts are? right here.

Tic Tac Toe, On with the Show? LOL Mary didn't write that, Trish did.

Ok, here's Karma

"She thrives on discontent and hatred. It seems
that Nancy found this hard to do in rpca because it appears that
the regulars have a "different" -and EFFECTIVE- way of dealing
with trolls, and it seems she was actually liked by a few (who
apparently hadn't seen the vicious side she showed on the other
cat group). In rpch&b this obviously hasn't been the case. Since
rpch&b looks to be borderline volatile, it was easy for her to
disrupt by making "friends" with those who agree with her and
making enemies of those she decides not to approve of, bring in
outside troll friends, and then set in motion the wheels that spin
her hatred, anger and unhappy life even more. This behavior is the
same behavior that she's exhibited for years, as is evident in the
quotes here."

I know it's alot, but if you read above quoted from Karma's orignal post,=

it
really captures the pulse of her whole post.

My point is, do we really believe anyone would spend 3 ****ing years tryi=

ng
to tear down a newsgroup? Blah!

Some of Mary's Posts. Ok, I left off the ones where she calls, Lyn and
Philip flaming assholes.

****
Lee--they sound wonderful!! Bless you. I also have adopted adult cats and
have
never been sorry. Yours sound so polite. Smitty sounds totally adorable, =

and
it
chokes me up to think about how he feels to be getting love and a good ho=

me
at
9 or 10 years old. I really love blue eyes and Siamese coloring. Have you
got a
picture site up yet? Or maybe some to post to
alt.pictures.binaries.animals?=AD?
****
Bless you, Ron.
****
Mike, you might want to try asking this in alt.med.veterinary. I wonder
if there is a good answer for this, though. I imagine a yearly ultrasound
might be helpful, but then there are types of cancer that ultrasound
does not catch. Sorry you lost your kitties. Let us know what you
find out.
****
lol! He was a beauty.
Gotta love that pink nose!! What a pretty girl.
I find that interesting. My cheeky does the same thing, and she was a
stray. She was never hit by a car, and actually did want to go outside
when I first brought her home--but now she runs from the open door.
I imagine your Ziggy associates being outside with her accident. Post
a pic when you have one. I love "tuxedo" cats. My Buddha is a
tuxedo.
****
Shari,

First her diarrhea needs to be taken care of. Are you saying she has had =

it
for a solid year? What are you feeding her, and what tests has the doctor
done?

Second, when I had the problem of my cats not covering her poo, I
would find her as soon as I noticed the uncovered poo, pick her up,
take her to the litter box while praising her, and very gently take her
paws and cover up the pile. It worked after just a few times. However,
I cannot imagine you doing this while she has the runs.

Is she an indoor-only cat, or does she go outside? If you can tell us
a bit more about her we might be able to help you
****
For what it is worth I do have a feeling he is in good hands. All we
can do is hope. He is a gorgeous boy who deserves better than
he got from Philip--and it would have been too much had he wound
up euthanized due to Philip's returning him to the shelter. In the end,
I still feel I owe a debt of gratitude to Dan just for getting him out
of there. I may not ever understand why he felt he had to lie to us,
but in the end it really doesn't matter.
****
It's over with now. All I wanted was for him to fess up, and he
did that. A bunch of us really cared about that cat, and just could
not understand why he lied to us. Now we know.
****
lol!!
****
This is something I will never understand. Even Monica has to admit
that Meghan is a model cat and dog mom.
****
Dumplin', I am all brown thumbs. But I love these
conspiracy theories.
****
I didn't mind helping Dan with his vet bills. I just wish he had had the
guts to be
straightforward with us.

If indeed Conan is in a good home, all is well and we have all
learned an important lesson about trust.
****
Philip wrote:

Count yourself amoung the ignorant spouting junk. Look how you close

your
post ... more vegetarianism misapplied.

whitershadeofpale wrote:
I bet the back of you neck looks like a pack of hotdogs.

lol!! I can see this!
****
We've got little pukers too. Cheeks left me a
little present on the BED this afternoon. Do you give
him a little laxatone or laxaire every now and then?
****
We like cats, Kevin. Do you have any cats?
As I recall, you do.
****
We do indeed.

But at least we all have something to tell in our
"what I did over summer vacation" blogs.

So, how is Jaspie?
****
I don't blame you. The next time you do several good people
wrong, do not then attempt to add insult to injury by demonizing
them. In the end, you will be found out
****
Yes, I think it is.
****
Hee! You are so funny. You know you wanted to know too.
****
I think these silly conversations are the language of love that
we speak to our kitties.
****
This has all been very hurtful, Barry. Some people cry when they
get hurt. I do other things. The good thing is, Conan is safe and
in some sort of home, if Monica is telling the truth. That is about the
only good thing--though all any of us were trying to do was a good
thing.
****
Amen.
****
I wasn't ever going to sue Dan. All I wanted was an explanation. That
is all I have ever wanted. What he did made no sense, and it hurt. All
we were trying to do was a good thing. I've gotten my explanation, and
I'm satisfied.
****
Dan is a good man. A stupid man, but a good man. He lied because
he was genuinely afraid.
****
Thank you, Dan, for finally coming clean. I am sorry you had to go
through this. In the future, use your head. You had no reason to
believe that any one of Conan/Dylan's well wishers would hurt
you. And above all, be honest. There is rarely a reason for a good
person to lie. And I do think you are a good person
****
How do you know he is in a great home?
****
Join the morally defective club, Charlie. I have been demonized for
doing nothing but trying to help Conan.
****
This is the source of my intense dislike of Lyn. Cats are just throwaways=

--
unless they are hers, of course.
****
Philip is not encamped with Monica. She has some very nasty things
to say about him in email. She was as concerned as all of us were
about Philip's abandonment of Conan/Dylan. But she offered nothing
until Charlie stepped up to the plate and offered to adopt him.
****
God, Nate, what a horrible decision to have to make. I'm not sure
anyone can tell you what to do. I think if I were in your shoes I
would trust my instincts. No matter what, you have a tough time
ahead. I'm so sorry.
****
Wow. You've got some whistler!
****
Thanks, Steve. It seems you've put some thought into this.
****
ExCUSE me?? Helen I had no idea ...
****
Charlie. Honestly, your natural inclination toward kindness
is highly underrated.
****
All in all, it's a victory for the good guys.
****
Honestly ... his name should be Sunny.
And yes, here's to him! Those gorgeous
gold eyes, that butterscotch coat--his lucky
day was not when Philip Arthur took him home,
but when he caught the cold that led Philip to
return him to the shelter. Who knows what
might have happened to him in the future had
he stayed with Philip?
****
I had not thought of that. But, yep, she's about that petty.
*shaking my head* lol!
****
Have a great time, Trish! Be careful traveling and let us know
when you get back.
****
And another thing, you ass: you have not told us anything we did
not already know. You told Meghan this, and you told the woman
at the web site where you put Conan's photo.

So what was the real point of your post?

It's crystal clear to me, and to many others.

You reek.
****
There was never any question that Conan would have a great home,
with or without you.

Ultimately that is all that truly matters.
****
I love to cook! It's like when I used to play with my chemistry
set. I find it very interesting. I rarely use recipes--and the bad
thing about that is, sometimes things turn out really good and I
can't replicate it! I hate cleaning up.
****
As far as I'm concerned, *you* saved Conan's life.

Thanks, Phil. That put a lump in my throat. It was really
weird watching the evil spin the assholes put on my
alleged motivations.

Here's hoping he has a really great home with people
who will love and keep him until he is a geezer! G
****
=20
=20
=20
Enough for now anyway, Lawd!

Old July 22nd 05, 05:43 AM
Candace

Mary wrote:

Dig deeper. That is always where the good stuff is.

I wonder what she meant by this? Was it idle chatter or is there more
to all of this?

Hmmmm, intriguing, as usual...

Candace

Old July 22nd 05, 07:29 AM
Philip

"Charlie Wilkes" wrote in message
On Thu, 21 Jul 2005 16:29:32 GMT, "Philip"
wrote:

"Charlie Wilkes" wrote in message
. ..
snip
Also, the "suicide taunt" is way overdone. Some guy posted about
wanting a suicide partner in Norway. Celeste/Mary told him he was a
sicko. That supposedly was taunting him. But the original post was a
tongue-in-cheek reference to a news story about a suicide pact that
had just taken place in Norway, not a post by someone who was really
suicidal.
snip
Charlie

Charlie: A piece of advice to you and others. There is no such thing as
"tongue-in-cheek" references or off-the-cuff remarks where suicide or self
inflicted harm are concerned. Do not ever take these utterances lightly
not ever.

Do you understand? There is no room for joking in this particular arena.

I don't agree with you Philip.

snip
Charlie

You are Officially a first class jerk. I invite you to ask ANY social
worker, especially one that is licensed about suicides. They will tell you
without exception that NO such utterances shall be taken lightly or casually
dismissed. You are WAAAAY out of your territory on this one Charlie. Back
away.

Old July 22nd 05, 07:29 AM
Philip

"whitershadeofpale" wrote in message

"Philip" wrote in message
nk.net...

[...]

haaaaaaaaaaaaaaahahahaha

I understand you must not have read the suicide solicitation.

Dude was looking for someone to die with. WHAT?
Yeah!

snip

That's the end of you. KF.

Old July 22nd 05, 08:41 AM
Charlie Wilkes

On Fri, 22 Jul 2005 06:29:28 GMT, "Philip"
wrote:

.. .
wrote:

[...]

OK, you win. Consider me to have backed away. I have no interest in
this subject.

Charlie
Old July 22nd 05, 10:32 AM
-L.

whitershadeofpale wrote:

[...]

Yes.

Some of Mary's Posts. Ok, I left off the ones where she calls, Lyn and
Philip flaming assholes.

And Mregan and Cheryl, and Karen, and barry, and Monique, and Candance,
and Cathy, and a slough of other people I am too damn tired to name.
Give it up Barry. Mary was a troll, not a very good one, but a troll
nonetheless.
-L.

Old July 22nd 05, 10:38 AM
-L.

Cheryl wrote:
Don't forget the time zone! It was someone shrewd enough
to change their PC clock unless it really did come from GMT +13.

I still thought it was funny as hell.

Where *is* GMT+13? I will admit loved every word! And I suspect it
was a tribute in part to something I once said WRT nancy - Karma's a
bitch.

-L.

Old July 22nd 05, 10:52 AM
whitershadeofpale

"Cheryl"

Don't forget the time zone! It was someone shrewd enough
to change their PC clock unless it really did come from GMT +13.

Interesting observation Karma, I mean Cheryl, thanks for pointing this out.

I thought you was awful quiet for a few days...hehehe

What is troubling me the most is this.

Mary posted here for 3 years.
Right at 10,000 post

This is not the pattern of someone wanting to tear down a newsgroup
I have no clue what a troll is, or does, maybe it's a name people give
to troublemakers, who knows...

I don't personally believe that Mary was trying to tear the place down.

I don't have an opinion on this yet, I may never; but it just comes off
like people being people. Any subsequent "names" assigned or attributed
to that person are incidental. see.

Just my 2 cents.

The punishment does not "appear" to fit the crime.

Oh, what is troubling me is that Mary is silent.

You know what I think, I think Mary is just tired.
Not old and tired, or played out and tired, just
tired, maybe it has nothing to do with this group, you know,
not entireley.

I get weary sometimes and just need a change of scenery.

I fear that I may have put pressure on her to continue
here, even though she may have been looking for an out.

Trying very hard to condense my thoughts right now.
(Last thing anyone needs is more words)