KFC's visit to TED tonight.

Old January 20th 09, 09:22 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

Default KFC's visit to TED tonight.

Neither myself nor the vet are happy with her progress, she has not improved
at all since her TED visit last Monday. She is streaming with green gunk
now, worse than last week and will not eat.
There is only one long acting injectible antibiotic she can have and she's
had it, and although it worked before twice it it not working now. We
discussed a change of antibiotic but there is nothing that can be injected
long term. He asked me if it was possible to give her tablets. I wanted to
fall around laughing but hid the urge and just said no. I enquired whether
a liquid antibiotic was available and he said it was so we have come home
with this in the hope that KFC will allow me to squirt it into her mouth
tomorrow morning twice a day for 10 days.

Tweed

Old January 20th 09, 09:26 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Adrian[_2_]

Christina Websell wrote:
Neither myself nor the vet are happy with her progress, she has not
improved at all since her TED visit last Monday. She is streaming
with green gunk now, worse than last week and will not eat.
There is only one long acting injectible antibiotic she can have and
she's had it, and although it worked before twice it it not working
now. We discussed a change of antibiotic but there is nothing that
can be injected long term. He asked me if it was possible to give
her tablets. I wanted to fall around laughing but hid the urge and
just said no. I enquired whether a liquid antibiotic was available
and he said it was so we have come home with this in the hope that
KFC will allow me to squirt it into her mouth tomorrow morning twice
a day for 10 days.
Tweed

Good luck! Continuing purrs for KFC to get over her infection and enjoy at
least one more *proper* summer.
Cats leave pawprints on your heart

Old January 20th 09, 09:28 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Jofirey

"Christina Websell" wrote in
message ...
Neither myself nor the vet are happy with her progress, she has not
improved at all since her TED visit last Monday. She is streaming
with green gunk now, worse than last week and will not eat.
There is only one long acting injectible antibiotic she can have and
she's had it, and although it worked before twice it it not working
now. We discussed a change of antibiotic but there is nothing that
can be injected long term. He asked me if it was possible to give
her tablets. I wanted to fall around laughing but hid the urge and
just said no. I enquired whether a liquid antibiotic was available
and he said it was so we have come home with this in the hope that
KFC will allow me to squirt it into her mouth tomorrow morning twice
a day for 10 days.

Purrs that she surprises you and allows it. Cats sometime do that.
Now would be a very good time.

Jo

Old January 20th 09, 09:50 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Will in New Haven

On Jan 20, 4:22*pm, "Christina Websell"
wrote:
Neither myself nor the vet are happy with her progress, she has not improved
at all since her TED visit last Monday. *She is streaming with green gunk
now, worse than last week and will not eat.
There is only one long acting injectible antibiotic she can have and she's
had it, and although it worked before twice it it not working now. *We
discussed a change of antibiotic but there is nothing that can be injected
long term. *He asked me if it was possible to give her tablets. I wanted to
fall around laughing but hid the urge and just said no. *I enquired whether
a liquid antibiotic was available and he said it was so we have come home
with this in the hope that KFC will allow me to squirt it into her mouth
tomorrow morning twice a day for 10 days.

I hope she does. My household is purring for her recovery. Since it
would ruin her reputation for people to know she allowed that, don't
tell us that she did. Just report progress that results.

--
Will in New Haven

Old January 20th 09, 10:33 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

"Adrian" wrote in message
om...
Christina Websell wrote:
[...]

We didn't have any sort of summer that she could enjoy last year. I wanted
it to be hot for her so she would go outside and sleep in the flower beds in
the sun. Didn't happen.

Tweed

Old January 21st 09, 12:29 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Yowie

Christina Websell wrote:
Neither myself nor the vet are happy with her progress, she has not
improved at all since her TED visit last Monday. She is streaming
with green gunk now, worse than last week and will not eat.
There is only one long acting injectible antibiotic she can have and
she's had it, and although it worked before twice it it not working
now. We discussed a change of antibiotic but there is nothing that
can be injected long term. He asked me if it was possible to give
her tablets. I wanted to fall around laughing but hid the urge and
just said no. I enquired whether a liquid antibiotic was available
and he said it was so we have come home with this in the hope that
KFC will allow me to squirt it into her mouth tomorrow morning twice
a day for 10 days.

Good luck and lots of purrs!

If she lets you squirt antibiotics in her mouth, then perhaps you can also
squirt some pureed food?

Yowie
--
"because its more fun to be evil" - Jarppi, _The Dudesons_

Old January 21st 09, 12:38 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
MLB

Jofirey wrote:
"Christina Websell" wrote in
message ...
[...]

I have been using an eyedropper (not the squirt thing the Vet suggested)
to give TuTu water every night -- she loves it. I started this when I
first had her and she was sick. I tried the "squirt" thingy but she
hated it. I tried the eyedropper inserted in the side of her mouth.
The medicine must have tasted good as she didn't object. I followed the
med with water several times,es. When her med ran out, she loved
forward to the water drops, so I kept it up -- it has been over 10
years now. When I told the Vet, she said "good! that will help if she
ever needs to be medicated again" it's worth a try. Best wishes. MLB
Old January 21st 09, 12:47 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Joy

"Christina Websell" wrote in message
Neither myself nor the vet are happy with her progress, she has not
improved at all since her TED visit last Monday. She is streaming with
green gunk now, worse than last week and will not eat.
There is only one long acting injectible antibiotic she can have and she's
had it, and although it worked before twice it it not working now. We
discussed a change of antibiotic but there is nothing that can be injected
long term. He asked me if it was possible to give her tablets. I wanted
to fall around laughing but hid the urge and just said no. I enquired
whether a liquid antibiotic was available and he said it was so we have
come home with this in the hope that KFC will allow me to squirt it into
her mouth tomorrow morning twice a day for 10 days.

Tweed

Good luck. It just may work. It is almost impossible to give Lindy pills,
but I manage the twice a day squirting of medication with little or no
problem. Sometimes she tries to run or hide, but she doesn't run very far
or hide very convincingly. I am always able to get hold of her, and she
doesn't fight. Fortunately, she is eating, and is supposed to have food
with her medication. That means that sometimes she actually seeks me out to
remind me that it is time.

Joy

Old January 21st 09, 12:55 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
MaryL

"Christina Websell" wrote in message
Neither myself nor the vet are happy with her progress, she has not
improved at all since her TED visit last Monday. She is streaming with
green gunk now, worse than last week and will not eat.
There is only one long acting injectible antibiotic she can have and she's
had it, and although it worked before twice it it not working now. We
discussed a change of antibiotic but there is nothing that can be injected
long term. He asked me if it was possible to give her tablets. I wanted
to fall around laughing but hid the urge and just said no. I enquired
whether a liquid antibiotic was available and he said it was so we have
come home with this in the hope that KFC will allow me to squirt it into
her mouth tomorrow morning twice a day for 10 days.

Tweed

Are pill pockets available in your area? If so, they might be worth trying.
They are soft, pliable treats. Tablets are inserted, and the pill pocket
pinched is around the tablet. They come in two or three different flavors,
and one might appeal to KFC. (I do realize that there is a great likelihood
that this will not work because KFC is having difficulty smelling food, but
I thought it would be worth an attempt.) Here's what I am trying to
describe:
http://www.drsfostersmith.com/produc...m?pcatid=18943

MaryL

Old January 21st 09, 03:31 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Steve Touchstone[_3_]

On Tue, 20 Jan 2009 21:22:30 -0000, "Christina Websell"
wrote:

Neither myself nor the vet are happy with her progress, she has not improved
at all since her TED visit last Monday. She is streaming with green gunk
now, worse than last week and will not eat.
There is only one long acting injectible antibiotic she can have and she's
had it, and although it worked before twice it it not working now. We
discussed a change of antibiotic but there is nothing that can be injected
long term. He asked me if it was possible to give her tablets. I wanted to
fall around laughing but hid the urge and just said no. I enquired whether
a liquid antibiotic was available and he said it was so we have come home
with this in the hope that KFC will allow me to squirt it into her mouth
tomorrow morning twice a day for 10 days.

purrs coming that the new medicine works - and that KFC will take the
stuff without requiring you to get a transfusion.

I'm lucky here that all my girls are still fairly young (LB is the
oldest at an estimated 8 1/2 to 9yo) and healthy for the most part, so
I haven't had to give much medication. Sammy is the exception, with
her heart murmur, and she required meds for a while when first
diagnosed, but nothing for the past couple years.

Anyway, the previous paragraph is just to say that lots of folks have
more practical experience than I do - including you, what with your
dogs and KFC herself, so I don't have much to offer in the way of
advice. The only thing I thought of was to mention a "kitty burrito"
my TED uses, where you wrap the cat in a towel so it can't struggle
too much.

anyway, like I said, not much advice, but will be sending purrs that
KFC takes the med and fights off this latest bug and starts eating
again soon.
--
Steve Touchstone
Little Bit, Sammy, Spotty, Princess, Furby