Francis

Old April 21st 08, 11:36 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
wafflycat

Default Francis

Has discovered that the roof of the new hen house run is a rather good place
to sunbathe upon. Trouble is, as soon as I appear with camera, Francis
disappears off the roof.

Old April 21st 08, 12:35 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Adrian[_2_]

wafflycat wrote:
Has discovered that the roof of the new hen house run is a rather
good place to sunbathe upon. Trouble is, as soon as I appear with
camera, Francis disappears off the roof.

I've thought of looking for a camera with a remote control, they would be
very useful for things like that. I want one to get better shots of the
birds on the feeders.
Cats leave pawprints on your heart

Old April 21st 08, 02:48 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Kreisleriana[_3_]

"wafflycat" wrote in message
news
Has discovered that the roof of the new hen house run is a rather good
place to sunbathe upon. Trouble is, as soon as I appear with camera,
Francis disappears off the roof.

Francis, you little hedonist! Let your mum take a picture!

--
Theresa, Stinky and Dante
drtmuirATearthlink.net

Old April 21st 08, 07:53 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
tanadashoes

"wafflycat" wrote in message
news
Has discovered that the roof of the new hen house run is a rather good
place to sunbathe upon. Trouble is, as soon as I appear with camera,
Francis disappears off the roof.

He was casing the joint for a future feast.

Cap'n Pine Cone esq.

Old April 21st 08, 10:57 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

Adrian wrote:
wafflycat wrote:
Has discovered that the roof of the new hen house run is a rather
good place to sunbathe upon. Trouble is, as soon as I appear with
camera, Francis disappears off the roof.

I've thought of looking for a camera with a remote control, they
would be very useful for things like that. I want one to get better
shots of the birds on the feeders.

I worked with a guy who set up web cams in strategic places around his back
yard so even when he was at his parents' house he could keep an eye on his
dog. He got some great candid shots of the pooch and he was miles away!
Sorry, I don't know what sort of software/etc. he had.

Jill

Old April 22nd 08, 04:36 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Marina

wafflycat wrote:
Has discovered that the roof of the new hen house run is a rather good
place to sunbathe upon. Trouble is, as soon as I appear with camera,
Francis disappears off the roof.

I'd love to see that!

Old April 22nd 08, 11:27 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Steve Touchstone[_3_]

On Mon, 21 Apr 2008 11:36:54 +0100, "wafflycat"
wrote:

Has discovered that the roof of the new hen house run is a rather good place
to sunbathe upon. Trouble is, as soon as I appear with camera, Francis
disappears off the roof.

sounds like my recent experiences with Furby. Furby has figured out
that she can climb onto the top of the bedroom door from the cat tree.
I've been trying to catch a pix of her, but as soon as she sees me she
hops back onto the tree.
--
Steve Touchstone
Little Bit, Sammy, Spotty, Princess, Furby
Old April 22nd 08, 01:45 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
John F. Eldredge

wrote:

Has discovered that the roof of the new hen house run is a rather good
place to sunbathe upon. Trouble is, as soon as I appear with camera,
Francis disappears off the roof.

sounds like my recent experiences with Furby. Furby has figured out that
she can climb onto the top of the bedroom door from the cat tree. I've
been trying to catch a pix of her, but as soon as she sees me she hops
back onto the tree.

My sister once had to borrow a ladder from one neighbor in order to
rescue her kitten off another neighbor's roof. The kitten had climbed
way out on a limb, then jumped down onto the roof. Naturally, he
couldn't return the same way, and, as the house was two stories tall, it
was too far down to the ground for him to jump.

--
John F. Eldredge --
PGP key available from
Old April 22nd 08, 11:34 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Kyla =^. .^=

"Cheryl P." John F. Eldredge wrote:
On Tue, 22 Apr 2008 05:27:17 -0500, Steve Touchstone wrote:

On Mon, 21 Apr 2008 11:36:54 +0100, "wafflycat"

Has discovered that the roof of the new hen house run is a rather good
place to sunbathe upon. Trouble is, as soon as I appear with camera,
Francis disappears off the roof.
sounds like my recent experiences with Furby. Furby has figured out that
she can climb onto the top of the bedroom door from the cat tree. I've
been trying to catch a pix of her, but as soon as she sees me she hops
back onto the tree.

My sister once had to borrow a ladder from one neighbor in order to
rescue her kitten off another neighbor's roof. The kitten had climbed
way out on a limb, then jumped down onto the roof. Naturally, he
couldn't return the same way, and, as the house was two stories tall, it
was too far down to the ground for him to jump.

My Mandy (RB) sometimes seemed to have been born with no sense of fear (or
even common sense!) at all. She did have some minimal level. I live in a
row house which has a two story drop from a flat roof at the front, but
assorted sticking-out bits and fences at the back. I found out Mandy was
getting up on the roof when a neighbour from across the street came over
to tell me that my cat was stuck on the roof. Sure enough, there was
Mandy, two stories up, peering over the edge. But stuck? No way. Back
across the roof, a single-story jump to the roof of the back porch, a
couple of feet to the top of the adjoining fence, and from there to the
ground. Mandy liked that roof a lot. On one memorable occasion, she
wandered onto the adjoining roof to inspect the tar and gravel being
applied to mend it! This was all before I switched to 'No OUT without a
harness and supervision' following the incident with the car; it was much
safer and easier on my nerves!

Betsy (RB) didn't generally bother with the main roof. When she was
feeling energetic and bold, she liked the ground/ fence/ roof/ LET ME IN
THE BACK ROOM WINDOW I'M STUCK!!!/ downstairs/ out the back door/ fence/;
repeat. When she wasn't feeling bold, she'd perch on top of the fence
yowling for help in getting down.

Sam doesn't seem fascinated by fences and roofs.

Cheryl

My little Molly, who was not quite a year old, loved to climb on the roof
and we had to use chairs and ladders to get her off. Sadly, one night, she
fell off and broke herself and we had to have her pts. I miss her SO much
still. She was Mosey's older adopted sister. This happened about 6 years
ago, and I still cry about Molly.
Hug
Kyla

Francis wafflycat Cat anecdotes 8 March 24th 06 04:05 AM
Francis wafflycat Cat anecdotes 24 August 29th 05 12:04 AM
Francis dirtylitterboxofferingstospammers Cat anecdotes 22 November 22nd 04 07:00 PM
Francis dirtylitterboxofferingstospammers Cat anecdotes 0 November 3rd 04 12:59 PM
Francis... dirtylitterboxofferingstospammers Cat anecdotes 99 October 16th 04 11:48 PM