Mayhem in the kitchen...

Old January 14th 11, 08:30 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
~*LiveLoveLaugh*~[_2_]

Default Mayhem in the kitchen...

I have fallen in love with the rotisserie chickens that my grocery store
sells. They're small, so they're perfect for me. I buy 2 and come home and
pull all the meat off of them. Oscar (Siamese) and Miss Pooh (my almost 17
y.o.) go crazy, as does my 2 little d*gs. Everybody gets bites, but I have
to be careful b/c they all get very competitive. Funny tho', my Bluepoint
Siamese, Maui, could care a less about people food. Granted, he went for
his asthma shot and pedicure this morning, so he's bent out of shape...
however, he just doesn't care about people food. The last bites I handed
down got ugly between Oscar and Jubilee (dachshund). Not too much mayhem,
but enough to know that next time, I will gate the d*gs out of the kitchen
until the cats get their filling. When it comes to the great divide of
chicken, I put the cats first. Besides, Miss Pooh gets the first bite and
the best bites. At her age, she gets anything she wants.

On a side note, I have created a monster on my bed at night. My Chihuahua,
Fabio, thinks that he should be allowed on the bed all night. That's not
the rule here. D*gs get attention all day, so cats get bedtime w/me by
themselves. Last night, Fabio woke me up at 2 a.m. wanting out of his crate
and onto the bed. I am going to have to take the bed privileges from the
dogs away. Mayhem in the kitchen and in the bedroom!!

Laurie

*~*LiveLoveLaugh*~*

All that I am or hope to be, I owe to my angel mother.
~Abraham Lincoln