declawing and feeding volume

Old August 20th 03, 05:04 PM
PawsForThought

Default declawing and feeding volume

Ann wrote:
thank you for being willing to put yourself
on the line and admit that maybe you
made a mistake

I wouldn't be so quick to forgive. She's made a rather abrupt about face
and I believe it's more out of a dislike for being the object of scorn
than any real regrets. I've seen this type of manipulative behavior
before and I am not so trusting when I see a sudden about-face. She
certainly hasn't bothered to apologize for her undeservedly nasty
treatment of people that were polite in their answers to her. I'll take
a wait and see approach on this one.

Frankly, what I'd really like to see is Katra spending less time on the
newsgroups and more time finding homes for the cats stuck on the porch.
She's already admitted she has more than she can handle but I haven't
seen her say anything about what she's going to do about it. In the
meantime those poor cats, who are probably having behavior issues
because of the environment they are in, are not being helped.

Megan

I agree with Megan. I don't trust Katra's motives at all. I think she's just
doing some back peddling and now just wants to get people's sympathies.
Frankly, it's the poor cat that got declawed that I feel sorry for. He has to
live with the amputation of the ends of his toes for the rest of his life. I
hope Katra does find homes for all those poor cats. They are definitely in
need of help.

Lauren
________
See my cats:
http://community.webshots.com/album/56955940rWhxAe

Old August 20th 03, 08:10 PM
Katra

PawsForThought wrote:

Ann wrote:
[...]

Want to take one or two? ;-)
You can have a couple of the older ones that are beginning to have
health problems. You can't have any of my favorites, Gandalf, Selene,
Serena, Bastet, Jasper or Amber. Princess could use a good home and she
is not that old, so could her brother, Wizard. He sprays but you might
be able to teach him not to if he was not around so many other cats.

Come and get 'em.

I'm on vacation right now... I don't often spend this much time on the newsgroups.

I did an about face because I did some soul searching. There is nothing
wrong with changing your mind after doing some real thinking.

Like anyone else, I tend to get defensive when I think that I initially
did the right thing. I had considered the safety of the baby above all
else, and no, I did not realize just how really bad declawing was....

I think I was only nasty to the people that were really nasty to me. ;-)
I apologize if I offended anyone that was just trying to be helpful.

Sorry if you think I'm being manipulative. You are entitled to your opinion.....

Regards,
Katra

--
^,,^ Cats-haven Hobby Farm ^,,^
^,,^

"There are millions of intelligent species in the universe, and they are
all owned by cats" -- Asimov

Custom handcrafts, Sterling silver beaded jewelry
http://cgi3.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAP...s&userid=katra

Old August 21st 03, 05:22 AM
Sherry

I try... sigh And am constantly trying to improve.
Remember, these cats have regular vet contact, and Mr. and Mrs. Dr.
House are a pair. Do you really think they would let me get away with
cat abuse and/or being a collector and neglecting my cats health? :-(
My vets are a married couple. Julie does most of the small animal
work, and Tom does most of the horse/cattle work, but he was on duty
when Taz was brought in, so I know he does cats too.

They even know where I live and have made one house call.

Thanks!
K.

I'm glad you are able to provide vet care for your brood. My sister-in-law
eventually turned into aa full-blown collector and she was NOT able. It wasn't
a pretty situation for anyone.
I suppose everyone has their own self-imposed "limits". My personal limit is
four house cats and four barn cats. (I'm at 3 and 2 right now). It's all I am
able, physically, emotionally and financially to take care of in the standards
I hold. Many people have 10, 12, 15 cats and do well with them. I just can't.

Sherry

Old August 21st 03, 06:47 AM
Katra

Sherry wrote:

I try... sigh And am constantly trying to improve.
Remember, these cats have regular vet contact, and Mr. and Mrs. Dr.
House are a pair. Do you really think they would let me get away with
cat abuse and/or being a collector and neglecting my cats health? :-(
My vets are a married couple. Julie does most of the small animal
work, and Tom does most of the horse/cattle work, but he was on duty
when Taz was brought in, so I know he does cats too.

They even know where I live and have made one house call.

Thanks!
K.

I'm glad you are able to provide vet care for your brood. My sister-in-law
eventually turned into a full-blown collector and she was NOT able. It wasn't
a pretty situation for anyone.
I suppose everyone has their own self-imposed "limits". My personal limit is
four house cats and four barn cats. (I'm at 3 and 2 right now). It's all I am
able, physically, emotionally and financially to take care of in the standards
I hold. Many people have 10, 12, 15 cats and do well with them. I just can't.

Sherry

Did she do it accidently, or because she was mentally ill? Don't judge
her too harshly. There are so damn many in the shelters that are slated
to die..... :-( So sad. I refuse to even visit the cat room anymore when
I take the shelter a linen donation from the hospital. Last time I dared
to, I came home with Diana. A shaved torty persian... She looked so
pitiful with only a poofy face and no fur on the rest of her body! She
was shaved by the shelter as she was a stray and totally matted.

That's the last thing I needed was another cat. %-P

I even have to watch out at PetSmart when I buy cat food. The North
Austin store has a cat adoption center. So many cats, so little money.
I'd be in deep poop if I ever win the Lottery! I do play....

It rips my heart to shreds to see them, especially the adults that have
little to no chance of being adopted. I recommned them to anyone that is
considering it. Adults have their own rewards if you have the patience
and love to give them half a chance.

I want/need to get down to 20... It's going to be sheer hell deciding
who goes and who stays! My babies are not just "the cats". They a

1.) Adonis
2.) Amber
3.) Astra
4.) Athena
5.) Bastet
6.) Diana
7.) Dolly
8.) Gandalf
9.) Garfael
10) Horus
11) Maris
12) Isis
13) Jasmine
14) Jasper
15) Jetta
16) Ka
17) Little Lady
18) Laurel
19) Lilly
20) Orchid
21) Persephone
22) Princess
23) Regis
24) Rosita
25) Samantha
26) Selene
27) Serena
28) Shadow
29) Tabitha
30) Taz
31) Tigre
32) Wizard
33) Heidi
34) Xena
35) Mitzi
36) Mama

Each have their own needs and personality, and 5 of them are not really
even mine! 3 came with daddums when he moved in with me after mom died,
and Tigre and Little Lady still belong to my sister and brother in law.
Funny how they kept Shade and still had to pay the lease adustment (pet
deposit) and still have not taken the other two back. sigh And to top
it off, both cats are much more even tempered than Shade ever dreamed of being.

Point is, it will be hard for me to give up ANY of them, but some are
easier than others as they don't sleep with me, and may be shyer... I'll
leave it up to the adopters if they ever show up.

20 is not as bad as you think. :-) That was easy compared to 36.....

BTW, here is my reciept for the cat tower. I really did it tonight. :-)
I can't wait to get it! I used mostly the ebay earnings from this week.
Sorry to bring up the whole financial aspect again, but it's a pretty
big deal to me due to my debt structure. G He cut me quite a deal.

'night,
Kat

Subject:
Receipt for your Payment
Date:
Wed, 20 Aug 2003 22:08:14 -0700

Dear Kathleen McCarty,

This email confirms that you sent $265.00 to
.

------------------------------
Payment Details
------------------------------

Amount: $265.00
Transaction ID: 0KX67909L23143448
Subject: Payment for stairway plus... thanks
Note:
I will sell you the set for $180(usually $239.95) + you need 6 extra
Hammocks which I will sell you for $6 each(usually $8.95) and 1
additional Condo at $14.95(usually $19.95). The total for everything
including shipping is $265.
Let me know when you want it and as soon as I receive payment
confirmation, we will ship out. Hope that answers your questions. Let me
know if there is anything else we can do. Thanks.

Best regards,

Keith

View the details of this transaction online at:
https://www.paypal.com/(erased)xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

This payment was sent using your bank account.

By using your bank account to send money, you just:

- Paid instantly and securely

- Sent money faster than writing and mailing paper checks

- Received an additional entry in our $1,000 Sweepstakes!

Thanks for using your bank account!

Thank you for using PayPal!

The PayPal Team

--

[...]