Anyone ever accidentally run over a cat with a bike tire?

Old June 10th 04, 01:39 AM
Jo Firey

wrote in message
Jo Firey wrote:

This time of year I like to roast a chicken with lots of fresh
rosemary just under the skin.

How do you get it there??

Joyce

It is easy to loosen the skin of a raw whold chicken with your fingers.
Starting at the tail end. (Works well with Turkey too) Then just put the
herbs in the space between the skin and meat. Rosemary works well because
of the kind of stiff stems.

Of course it helps to watch the Food Network on TV.

Jo

Jo

Old June 10th 04, 03:24 AM
Marina

wrote
Did anyone see my chicken soup recipe? Usually people comment on each
other's recipes, but I didn't see any comments - did my post get out? Or
was it simply too boring for comment?

I didn't comment because I don't eat meat. ) I'm sure the recipe is
delicious for anyone who does.

Joyce - wondering if she should post a recipe for CHOPPED LIVER

shudder

--
Marina, Frank and Nikki

Old June 10th 04, 08:37 AM

Sherry wrote:

Oh, Joyce, I not only saw it, but I printed it out. Chicken soup is one of my
favorite things in life. A real comfort food. Thanks for posting it. Have you
ever tried it using boneless, skinless breast meat? (I try to cook as low fat
as possible).

Ah, but thigh meat is my *secret ingredient*. (So she posts it on a
worldwide network!) It's much tastier than breast. You could try substituting
breast meat, and you might like it as much. But I figure that since I'm
using skinless meat, it's as low-fat as I want it to be.

Joyce

Old June 10th 04, 09:24 AM
Sherry

Oh, Joyce, I not only saw it, but I printed it out. Chicken soup is one of
my
favorite things in life. A real comfort food. Thanks for posting it. Have

you
ever tried it using boneless, skinless breast meat? (I try to cook as low

fat
as possible).

Ah, but thigh meat is my *secret ingredient*. (So she posts it on a
worldwide network!) It's much tastier than breast. You could try substituting
breast meat, and you might like it as much. But I figure that since I'm
using skinless meat, it's as low-fat as I want it to be.

Joyce

Point taken! I bet, since the skin is removed anyway, it's already as low-fat
as you can get. Thanks for sharing the recipe!

Sherry