The Worst Birthday Ever (Long)

Old July 17th 04, 11:31 PM
Yowie

As much as I love cats, I put my own life and wellbeing (and that of my
family) before theirs. I even put the life and wellbeing of *my* cat above
the life and wellbeing of other cats. Yes, I'll feel bad about it, buts that
how it is. Given the choice, the cats (and other beings) I have
discriminated against would make the very same decision.

Sometimes we have to choose between the lesser of two evils, and have to do
so under a great deal of pressure and without time to consder all the
possible options. We make the best choice we can under the circumstances.
Doens't mean we'll feel good about it later, but its still the best decision
we could have made under the circumstances.

I can't condemn anyone who makes the best decision they can in the situation
they find themselves in. What I can do is offer compassion, support and
understanding, and I can choose not to be judgemental towards those who
don't live in an ideal world. Its hard enough to know that whatever you do,
someone or something has to suffer; condemning a person who has been forced
into such a situation does nothing to help either party - both are the
victims of a universe that just doesn't play fair sometimes.

Yowie

Old July 18th 04, 12:57 AM
John F. Eldredge

--
John F. Eldredge --
PGP key available from

Old July 18th 04, 12:57 AM
John F. Eldredge

--
John F. Eldredge --
PGP key available from

Old July 18th 04, 12:57 AM
John F. Eldredge

--
John F. Eldredge --
PGP key available from

Old July 18th 04, 01:36 AM
Cheryl

In the fine newsgroup "rec.pets.cats.anecdotes", John F. Eldredge
artfully composed this message within
on 17 Jul 2004:

This was the sort of choice that I was faced with when my house
caught fire in February 2003. My cat ran and hid, and the smoke
was heavy enough that I had to make the difficult choice to get
myself out of the house, rather than stay searching for the cat
and possibly die with her.

Oh, John. That is one of my biggest fears. I'm so sorry you had to go
through that.

--
Cheryl

Old July 18th 04, 11:33 AM
Cathi

In message , SUQKRT
writes
Ginger-lyn belated Happy Birthday. I'm sorry it was so stressful. I hope you
managed to finish watching Big Fish, its a great flick. Hopefully "those"
people (or some of them) are gone soon.

I was feeling sorry for myself Thursday (my birthday, July is a popular
birthmonth). Burearocracy (sp?) is giving me a hard time with my home help
funding. So I spent myy birthday stressed, playing phonetag. Friday was better
I went to the Burlinton Mall with a friend.

Belated happy birthday both from yet another crab (8 July). I think
Polonca's sometime in July as well.
--
Cathi