Kitty Farmcat is not very well

Old April 19th 08, 09:40 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

Default Kitty Farmcat is not very well

She started sneezing a few days ago, I didn't think anything of it at first
but now there is green gunk coming down one nostril.
She hasn't eaten this evening and is hugging the fire. I guess she can't
smell her food and feels poorly.
She has CRF and cannot afford to not eat. She has never weighed more than
around 4lbs anyway, so she hasn't much reserve on this. I don't think it's a
life-threatening emergency so she will be going to TED on Monday.
But why is stuff not coming out of both nostrils? That's what I'd expect if
she had an upper respiratory tract infection. I hope she hasn't got a
tumour or something in one nostril.
I know something will get her soon, she is 22 after all. Can you tell I am
panicking?

Purrs & prayers would not go amiss for my very old lady.

Tweed

Old April 19th 08, 10:05 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
wafflycat

Hoping she's okay
Old April 19th 08, 10:09 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

Christina Websell wrote:
She started sneezing a few days ago, I didn't think anything of it at
first but now there is green gunk coming down one nostril.
She hasn't eaten this evening and is hugging the fire. I guess she
can't smell her food and feels poorly.
She has CRF and cannot afford to not eat. She has never weighed
more than around 4lbs anyway, so she hasn't much reserve on this. I
don't think it's a life-threatening emergency so she will be going to
TED on Monday. But why is stuff not coming out of both nostrils? That's
what I'd
expect if she had an upper respiratory tract infection. I hope she
hasn't got a tumour or something in one nostril.
I know something will get her soon, she is 22 after all. Can you
tell I am panicking?

Purrs & prayers would not go amiss for my very old lady.

Tweed

Purrs for Kitty Farm Cat to feel better soonest and stop worrying her mom.
Purrs for your nerves, too.

Jill

Old April 19th 08, 10:12 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

Christina Websell wrote:

She started sneezing a few days ago, I didn't think anything of it at first
but now there is green gunk coming down one nostril.
She hasn't eaten this evening and is hugging the fire. I guess she can't
smell her food and feels poorly.
She has CRF and cannot afford to not eat. She has never weighed more than
around 4lbs anyway, so she hasn't much reserve on this. I don't think it's a
life-threatening emergency so she will be going to TED on Monday.
But why is stuff not coming out of both nostrils? That's what I'd expect if
she had an upper respiratory tract infection. I hope she hasn't got a
tumour or something in one nostril.
I know something will get her soon, she is 22 after all. Can you tell I am
panicking?

Purrs & prayers would not go amiss for my very old lady.

Purrs for KFC. I wish it were easier for you to get her to the vet
sooner. I understand that it's not. But I'm worried about her. Even if
it is just a cold, at her age and with CRF, it could be serious. Sorry
to be an alarmist - I truly hope she'll be OK!

--
Joyce

To email me, remove the triple-X from my user name. ^..^
Old April 19th 08, 10:27 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Irulan

Don't have any answers for you, Tweed, but know that
we are purring and praying mightily for KFC. We love her.

Lily & her mama

--
Irulan
from the stars we come

Old April 19th 08, 10:28 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Lucys Mom[_2_]

Purrs that things clear up quickly. Keep us posted.

--Eric, Kim and the Crew

Old April 19th 08, 10:29 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

"jmcquown" wrote in message
. ..
Christina Websell wrote:
[...]

Thanks. My nerves are shot. I was tempted to rouse her from in front of
the fire to see if she would eat tonight, but if she did not get up herself
I know she won't. So I didn't. I would rather leave her sleeping in front
of the gas fire in the kitchen which is not served by my woodburner (I don't
have central heating as such) and have it on all night for her.
I have a bad feeling about this.

Tweed

Old April 19th 08, 10:29 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Jo Firey

"Christina Websell" wrote in message
She started sneezing a few days ago, I didn't think anything of it at
first but now there is green gunk coming down one nostril.
She hasn't eaten this evening and is hugging the fire. I guess she can't
smell her food and feels poorly.
She has CRF and cannot afford to not eat. She has never weighed more
than around 4lbs anyway, so she hasn't much reserve on this. I don't
think it's a life-threatening emergency so she will be going to TED on
Monday.
But why is stuff not coming out of both nostrils? That's what I'd expect
if she had an upper respiratory tract infection. I hope she hasn't got a
tumour or something in one nostril.
I know something will get her soon, she is 22 after all. Can you tell I
am panicking?

Of course you are. She is rightfully frail at this point. And you love
her very much.

Lots of purrs on the way.

Usually when we've had a cat with a nose discharge on one side its been a
thistle thing they've snorted or a bad tooth. An ear infection will do the
same thing. Hope it is something they can clear up quickly.

Jo

Old April 19th 08, 10:40 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Joy

Purrs and prayers are on the way.

--
Joy

My mind is like a parachute...it functions only when open.

Old April 19th 08, 10:47 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Enfilade

Purrs for the grand old lady KFC.

--Fil