Strange behavior

Old May 13th 05, 01:12 AM
Margret

Default Strange behavior

Our young desexed female cat, still flirts and behaves as if she is on heat
every few weeks. Is this normal?
cheers, Margret

Old May 13th 05, 01:15 AM
Mary

"Margret" no wrote in message ...
Our young desexed female cat, still flirts and behaves as if she is on

heat
every few weeks. Is this normal?
cheers, Margret

How long ago was she spayed?

Spaying does not really "desex" them. The tarty ones
still flirt.

Old May 13th 05, 02:01 AM
Mary

"Margret" no wrote in message ...
She was spayed about 1 1/2 years ago. She is a tarty little torty!!!!

haha! I have always had girly cats, always spayed, but very flirty.
They make eyes at my husband, roll all around like little harlots,
purr, trill, rub up against his legs--the whole bit. They are not
like this with me, I swear--it is different because he's male.

Old May 13th 05, 03:39 AM
KellyH

"Margret" no wrote in message ...
Our young desexed female cat, still flirts and behaves as if she is on
heat
every few weeks. Is this normal?
cheers, Margret

Is she just flirty or does she act like she's in full heat? Loud meows,
sticking her backside in the air, rolling around, etc?
If she is going into heat, it's possible that when she was spayed, a piece
of ovarian tissue was left behind. You should consult your vet if this is
the case. Sometimes it can be removed.

--
-Kelly