Cat chewing on computer cables and power cords

Old May 7th 05, 03:08 AM
bigbadbarry

Philip wrote:

Your socialization concept is one that is foreign to the toxically
compassionate owner. I believe socializing a cat to your home from

the
beginning results in a happier cat in the long run. Otherwise what

to you
have? An unhappy human chasing around cleaning up transgressions and
screaming. The inmate running the asylum.

Maybe you should add a copyright tag to some of this.

Old May 10th 05, 06:50 AM
Brad

On Thu, 05 May 2005 15:43:26 GMT, "Philip"
wrote:

bigbadbarry wrote:
Philip wrote:
bigbadbarry wrote:
walked around and there was KitKat chewing on the monitor cable.
Not sure what to do.

roll up a single leaf of newspaper...and give a cat size
spanking...one tap...and the cat is out of there...

chewing on his life?..an electrical chord? maybe youi could get 2
taps in before he gets away.

How about one of those handheld CO2 bottle powered air horns? LOL

ha! (maybe they make one that barks like a big dog)

Now that you mention it, how about just compressed air and a nozzle? Makes a
LOUD "Hiss" sound too! Hey, you may be onto sumthin' !!

Those little inexpensive spray bottles with water I understand work
great and the best part is that you can have a half dozen of them
spread throughout the house so one is always nearby to hopefully catch
em in the act.....

Brad

LIFE'S JOURNEY IS NOT TO ARRIVE AT THE GRAVE SAFELY IN A
WELL-PRESERVED BODY, BUT RATHER TO SKID IN SIDEWAYS, TOTALLY WORN OUT,
SHOUTING... " HOLY @#$%... WHAT A RIDE!"

Old May 10th 05, 01:14 PM
bigbadbarry

Brad wrote:

LIFE'S JOURNEY IS NOT TO ARRIVE AT THE GRAVE SAFELY IN A
WELL-PRESERVED BODY, BUT RATHER TO SKID IN SIDEWAYS, TOTALLY WORN

OUT,
SHOUTING... " HOLY @#$%... WHAT A RIDE!"

Ride it till the wheels fall off

Old May 10th 05, 04:10 PM
Philip

wrote:

bigbadbarry wrote:
Philip wrote:
bigbadbarry wrote:
walked around and there was KitKat chewing on the monitor cable.
Not sure what to do.

roll up a single leaf of newspaper...and give a cat size
spanking...one tap...and the cat is out of there...

chewing on his life?..an electrical chord? maybe youi could get 2
taps in before he gets away.

How about one of those handheld CO2 bottle powered air horns? LOL

ha! (maybe they make one that barks like a big dog)

Now that you mention it, how about just compressed air and a nozzle?
Makes a LOUD "Hiss" sound too! Hey, you may be onto sumthin' !!

Those little inexpensive spray bottles with water I understand work
great and the best part is that you can have a half dozen of them
spread throughout the house so one is always nearby to hopefully catch
em in the act.....

Brad

You miss the point. Compressed air/gas makes a HISSSSSSSSS sound. We were
talking about alternative behavior corrections ... not watering a house
plant. ;^) And personally, my aim ain't that good ... even when I pee.
(joke for the womenfolk)

Old May 11th 05, 01:08 AM
bigbadbarry

Philip wrote:

And personally, my aim ain't that good ... even when I pee.
(joke for the womenfolk)

What about water balloons, hmmm
shhplaaatt! riiieeeeooowwwwrrrrrrr er er er er

er

er

@#$@#$

er

Old May 11th 05, 03:02 AM
Brad

On Tue, 10 May 2005 15:10:18 GMT, "Philip"
wrote:

You miss the point. Compressed air/gas makes a HISSSSSSSSS sound. We were
talking about alternative behavior corrections ... not watering a house
plant. ;^) And personally, my aim ain't that good ... even when I pee.
(joke for the womenfolk)

Aren't you the precious one fillup go ahead and use the air the
warning that says don't spray into a persons eyes make it OK to risk
your cats vision with it you idiot.....and don't answer another one of
my posts with your sickening little jokes.......I bet the womenfolk
are so thankful for your little joke.......

Old May 11th 05, 03:49 AM
Philip

bigbadbarry wrote:
Philip wrote:

And personally, my aim ain't that good ... even when I pee.
(joke for the womenfolk)

What about water balloons, hmmm
shhplaaatt! riiieeeeooowwwwrrrrrrr er er er er

How about a paint gun (firing water filled "bullets") with a laser pointer.
Lots of cats will chase a laser dot so .... (objective #1) get the cat's
attention and then (objective #2) fire the water bulltet with ACCURACY!

Old May 11th 05, 03:49 AM
Philip

wrote:

You miss the point. Compressed air/gas makes a HISSSSSSSSS sound.
We were talking about alternative behavior corrections ... not
watering a house plant. ;^) And personally, my aim ain't that
good ... even when I pee. (joke for the womenfolk)

Aren't you the precious one fillup go ahead and use the air the
warning that says don't spray into a persons eyes make it OK to risk
your cats vision with it you idiot

Bradley, the HISSSSS from a can of compressed air need not be in the cat's
ear to be heard. Seems you don't know that. Now you do. But in your case,
your the kind of fella who squirts Binaca in the air and then tries to catch
some on your frog-like tongue. (another joke for the ladies).

.....and don't answer another one of
my posts with your sickening little jokes.......I bet the womenfolk
are so thankful for your little joke.......

Brad

Too late. LOL

Old May 11th 05, 01:00 PM
Lesley

Bradley, the HISSSSS from a can of compressed air need not be in the
cat's
ear to be heard.

Aerosols are very effective with Sarrasine- don't ask me why, we have
never sprayed her with anything or even anywhere near her but she
hates the noise they make. It works a lot better than a squirt bottle
which I'd be vary of using when she's hiding behind electrical
equipment and anyway when I did try a squirt bottle she drank the
water! But now just shaking an aerosol can usually stop her (unless
what she is doing is very enjoyable!). Redunzel however hates the
squirt bottle.

Lesley

Slave of the Fabulous Furballs

Old May 11th 05, 04:52 PM
Philip

Lesley wrote:
Philip wrote:
Bradley, the HISSSSS from a can of compressed air need not be in the
cat's ear to be heard.

Aerosols are very effective with Sarrasine- don't ask me why, we have
never sprayed her with anything or even anywhere near her but she
hates the noise they make. It works a lot better than a squirt bottle
which I'd be vary of using when she's hiding behind electrical
equipment and anyway when I did try a squirt bottle she drank the
water! But now just shaking an aerosol can usually stop her (unless
what she is doing is very enjoyable!). Redunzel however hates the
squirt bottle.

Lesley

Thank you Lesley. Have you never heard a cat hiss or spit? Surely you've
heard the Haaaaaaah! with ears laid back and teeth bared. It's one of those
universal feline expressions!