Kittens Playing Video

Old August 12th 07, 09:05 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
CatNipped

Default Kittens Playing Video

OK, here is the big one (it's a wmv instead of a mpeg):
http://www.possibleplaces.com/CatNip...layingTree.wmv

and the smaller one:
http://www.possibleplaces.com/CatNip...ayingTree2.wmv

--

Hugs,

CatNipped

Old August 12th 07, 10:24 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Kreisleriana[_2_]

"CatNipped" wrote in message
OK, here is the big one (it's a wmv instead of a mpeg):
http://www.possibleplaces.com/CatNip...layingTree.wmv

and the smaller one:
http://www.possibleplaces.com/CatNip...ayingTree2.wmv

Those guys are going to be huge.

Theresa

Old August 13th 07, 10:15 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Exocat[_2_]

"CatNipped" wrote
http://www.possibleplaces.com/CatNip...layingTree.wmv

http://www.possibleplaces.com/CatNip...ayingTree2.wmv

Great to see them enjoying themselves so much!

FWIW I thought the Mpegs had less artefacts so a better picture overall, but
..avi would be rather better still - have you that option?

Purrs
Gordon & the FF

Old August 13th 07, 01:19 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
CatNipped[_2_]

"Exocat" wrote in message

"CatNipped" wrote
http://www.possibleplaces.com/CatNip...layingTree.wmv

http://www.possibleplaces.com/CatNip...ayingTree2.wmv

Great to see them enjoying themselves so much!

FWIW I thought the Mpegs had less artefacts so a better picture overall,
but .avi would be rather better still - have you that option?

I finally figured out how to change the defaults when exporting it to a
file, so yes I could go back to the mpeg version. I was just trying to make
it smaller but still keep the clarity (how do they *DO* that on YouTube??!).
I can save it as an .avi, .mov, .wmv, or .mpg - and I have lots and lots of
compression rates from what they call dial-up modem all the way to 1500bps
(I think - this stuff is all over my head).

Oh, DH just said that they save the YouTube videos as Flash files. I have
Flash, so I might try importing the video into that and then saving. I'll
have to look at it all some more next weekend.

Hugs,

CatNipped

Purrs
Gordon & the FF

News==----
Newsgroups
=----

Old August 13th 07, 04:12 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Exocat[_2_]

"CatNipped" wrote

I can save it as an .avi, .mov, .wmv, or .mpg - and I have lots and lots
of compression rates from what they call dial-up modem all the way to
1500bps

If so, then .avi would be favourite for me: I view fullscreen on a 21"
monitor (or 40" HDTV) and can live with big filesizes if it means I lose the
artefacts. As my guru friends on Doom9 say: "quality starts at 2000kbps" so
1500 shouldn't be too bad

The uTube flash vids are tiny and IMO not worth watching: quality's abysmal.

Other keen kitty-viewers' views may vary, though...

Purrs
Gordon & the FF

Old August 13th 07, 04:18 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Matthew

"CatNipped" wrote in message
OK, here is the big one (it's a wmv instead of a mpeg):
http://www.possibleplaces.com/CatNip...layingTree.wmv

and the smaller one:
http://www.possibleplaces.com/CatNip...ayingTree2.wmv

--

Hugs,

CatNipped

Makes me happy that I have broadband

Old August 13th 07, 10:41 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Adrian A

CatNipped wrote:
"Exocat" wrote in message

"CatNipped" wrote
[...]

One thing I noticed with WMV file was no audio, I don't know if that was
deliberate.
--
Adrian (Owned by Snoopy & Bagheera)
Cats leave pawprints on your heart

Old August 14th 07, 01:37 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
CatNipped[_2_]

"Adrian A" wrote in message
om...
CatNipped wrote:
"Exocat" wrote in message

"CatNipped" wrote
[...]

Yes, that was deliberate, for two reasons, I'm a rotten narrator (I cringe
at my accent) and I thought it might be a smaller file size without the
sound (it isn't).

Hugs,

CatNipped