bad da bird experience

Old October 10th 03, 05:58 PM
Rona Yuthasastrakosol

Default bad da bird experience

I recently had an experience with Go-Cat (the makers of Da Bird) that left a
very bad taste in my mouth. I called them to order a couple of Da Birds as
gifts, as well as some replacement feathers and another toy they have. When
I called (last Friday), I asked if an order placed that day would arrive in
Ann Arbor by the following Wednesday (the company is in Charlotte, MI, just
a few hours away from Ann Arbor) since I would be there visiting a friend
(I'm in Canada, and Da Bird is impossible to find here and mail ordering is
very expensive with duty factored in). I was assured more than once that it
would and was told by the woman who took my order (whom I think was one of
the owners) that she would ship it out herself that very day. Imagine my
disappointment when Wednesday came and went with no order arriving! I
e-mailed them and asked them to confirm the order was sent and to call me at
my friend's house, but I received no call nor e-mail from them. I left
Thursday morning, very disappointed, and e-mailed them again as soon as I
could. I did not get a reply until today and was told they had not even
scheduled my order to ship out until today!! Two days after they initially
told me it would arrive! The excuse was that they were a small company and
wholesale orders always had priority over retail orders. In other words, my
order didn't matter to them, despite the fact that the woman *promised me
she would ship it out ASAP*.

I am extremely disappointed with Go-Cat and I wanted to share this
experience so others will know not to order directly from them. They
obviously care little for those who actually spend the money on their
products. YMMV, and all that, but this has left me with a very bad feeling
towards the company.

rona (a very ****ed off cat owner)

Old October 10th 03, 07:41 PM
Rona Yuthasastrakosol

"PawsForThought" wrote in message

Rona,
You couild probably go to a Pet Supplies Plus in Ann Arbor and buy the
replacement feathers there.

Thanks for the suggestion! I'm already back in Canada, though. One of the
Da Birds and a replacement feather were supposed to be for my friend's
mother's cat (in Ann Arbor) so I was even more disappointed that I didn't
have anything for her. Poor kitty has been hiding in the basement because
of the arrival of a new, slightly neurotic dog and I wanted to play with
her. She actually ended up sleeping with me every night I was there so I
felt really bad when I left. She needs loving really bad!

My friend's mother could always buy one, I suppose, but I really wanted to
give it to them :-(. I might consider ordering from another company but I'm
just so ****ed off at Go-cats right now, that I don't feel they deserve my
money in any way, shape, or form (cliche, I know, but I like it!).

Is Pet Supplies Plus the one next to a big grocery store and a big
drugstore? I think I saw it, but didn't have time to go in. I was only
there for a few days, and spent most of that time eating :-).

Thanks again!

rona

Old October 10th 03, 09:55 PM
PawsForThought

From: "Rona Yuthasastrakosol"

PawsForThought" wrote in message

Rona,
You couild probably go to a Pet Supplies Plus in Ann Arbor and buy the
replacement feathers there.

Thanks for the suggestion! I'm already back in Canada, though.

Oh no

One of the
Da Birds and a replacement feather were supposed to be for my friend's
mother's cat (in Ann Arbor) so I was even more disappointed that I didn't
have anything for her. Poor kitty has been hiding in the basement because
of the arrival of a new, slightly neurotic dog and I wanted to play with
her. She actually ended up sleeping with me every night I was there so I
felt really bad when I left. She needs loving really bad!

Aw, poor kitty! That's a shame that the company did that to you. I don't care
if they have retail accounts too, they shouldn't treat individual customers
like that.

My friend's mother could always buy one, I suppose, but I really wanted to
give it to them :-(. I might consider ordering from another company but I'm
just so ****ed off at Go-cats right now, that I don't feel they deserve my
money in any way, shape, or form (cliche, I know, but I like it!).

Is Pet Supplies Plus the one next to a big grocery store and a big
drugstore? I think I saw it, but didn't have time to go in. I was only
there for a few days, and spent most of that time eating :-).

There's one on S. Main and also I think on Plymouth Road there. They should
have the attachments, and I should get some myself. The one I have is pretty
badly chewed up. I also found another similar toy that I ordered on line.
They were a lot cheaper than Da Bird. I can try to find the website if you're
interested.
Lauren

________
See my cats:
http://community.webshots.com/album/56955940rWhxAe
Old October 10th 03, 09:55 PM
PawsForThought

Old October 11th 03, 05:27 AM
Rona Yuthasastrakosol

"PawsForThought" wrote in message

I also found another similar toy that I ordered on line. They were a lot
cheaper than Da Bird. I can try to find the website if you're interested.

Does it swivel and make sounds like Da Bird? I think that's why my cat
likes it. Then again, she'll also plays with sisal rope (with my
supervision, of course) and that has no swivels or sounds whatsoever :-).
I'd love to see the website, thanks!

I did receive another e-mail from Go-cats, this time from the owner,
herself. She was the one who took my order and she put it together as
promised but it got lost before delivery. After her e-mail, I fully forgive
her and her company (as for her son--well, he's a bit of a putz) and I think
she really does appreciate her customers. She did sound very nice when I
placed my order, and that is, in part, why I was so surprised and angry with
the first e-mail I received (which was from her son). I will probably not
take her up on her offer since I don't really want to pay duty, but I do
appreciate it.

I just wanted to let people know, and I've pasted a copy of her e-mail to me
so others could read it (I snipped her name, though, for privacy reasons).

----begin paste----
Dear Rona,

My sincerest apologies for our failure to deliver your order as
promised. When I heard you did not receive your order, I raised the roof
and asked everyone to look for your order. It was found fallen between two
boxes and overlooked. I had it sent to the shipping department on Monday,
plenty of time for UPS to deliver by Tues or Weds. If you will forgive us,
I'll ship your order to Canada with no shipping charges.
I will need your address to do so.

My son's answer that "small orders" are not a priority with us since
we are primarily "Wholesale" is entirely off base. It's customer's like
you and your cats that have made us as successful as we are. Our first five
years growth is attributed solely to word of mouth and I cringe at the
prospect of even one unhappy customer out there!!!

Sincerely,

name snipped, Owner
GO CAT FEATHER TOYS
----end paste----

rona

Old October 11th 03, 05:02 PM
Karen

in article , Rona Yuthasastrakosol at
wrote on 10/10/03 11:27 PM:

That was an extremely nice apology letter! I'd say they do prize customer
service.

Karen