Lynxie sometimes meows in his sleep when I sneeze

Old December 23rd 04, 02:51 AM
Zorin the Lynx

Default Lynxie sometimes meows in his sleep when I sneeze

When I sneeze, and Lynxie's in deep sleep, he sometimes meows in his
sleep. The first time, I thought it might have been a coincidence
because I couldn't see how a sneeze could induce a sleep-meow, but now
that it's happened numerous times I must wonder...

Anyone else have cats that do this? It's a really strange meow, too,
sorta a cross between a trill and a meow. Of course, I encourage such
cute behavior. }

-Z

--
Ned Flat: "Why are you acting like this??"
Yakko: "We're not acting. We really are like this."
Old December 23rd 04, 05:01 AM
Mishi

"Zorin the Lynx" wrote in message

When I sneeze, and Lynxie's in deep sleep, he sometimes meows in his sleep.

Hi Z!

Several of my cats will do this, in particular Sasquatch and Bear - but only
if my hubby sneezes. I guess I don't rate as much attention here!

Patti

Old December 23rd 04, 08:08 AM
Mathew Kagis

"Zorin the Lynx" wrote in message

When I sneeze, and Lynxie's in deep sleep, he sometimes meows in his
sleep. The first time, I thought it might have been a coincidence
because I couldn't see how a sneeze could induce a sleep-meow, but now
that it's happened numerous times I must wonder...

Anyone else have cats that do this? It's a really strange meow, too,
sorta a cross between a trill and a meow. Of course, I encourage such
cute behavior. }

Chablis twiches in her sleep... I assume she's chasing mice in her REM
sleep world. At first, it suprised me, now I just chuckle, knowing she just
got a big one.
--
Mathew
Butler to 2 kittens: Chablis & Muscat

Old December 23rd 04, 03:27 PM
Kreisleriana

On Thu, 23 Dec 2004 04:01:15 GMT, "Mishi"
yodeled:

"Zorin the Lynx" wrote in message

When I sneeze, and Lynxie's in deep sleep, he sometimes meows in his sleep.

Hi Z!

Several of my cats will do this, in particular Sasquatch and Bear - but only
if my hubby sneezes. I guess I don't rate as much attention here!

Patti

Stinky makes the cutest little noises in his sleep, especially if I
scritch him. But never saw him react to sneezes except when awake.
When he was a little feller, he used to try to look in my mouth to see
where in tarnation that noise came from.

Theresa
Old December 23rd 04, 11:53 PM
EvelynVogtGamble(Divamanque)

Zorin the Lynx wrote:

When I sneeze, and Lynxie's in deep sleep, he sometimes meows in his
sleep. The first time, I thought it might have been a coincidence
because I couldn't see how a sneeze could induce a sleep-meow, but now
that it's happened numerous times I must wonder...

Anyone else have cats that do this? It's a really strange meow, too,
sorta a cross between a trill and a meow. Of course, I encourage such
cute behavior. }

I suspect he's simply saying "Don't bother me, I'm sleeping!"

-Z

Old December 24th 04, 12:01 AM

Kreisleriana wrote:

never saw him react to sneezes except when awake.
When he was a little feller, he used to try to look in my mouth to see
where in tarnation that noise came from.

Mine either run away (or look like they're about to), or glare at me.
So sympathetic.

Joyce
Old December 24th 04, 08:02 AM
Marina

Zorin the Lynx wrote:

Anyone else have cats that do this? It's a really strange meow, too,
sorta a cross between a trill and a meow. Of course, I encourage such
cute behavior. }

Nikki often reacts to my coughing or sneezing, though I can't remember
now if she's done it when asleep. When I cough, she answers with a
cough-like sound. It's so cute. I think she thinks it means something,
and tries to agree with me. ;o)

--
Marina, Frank and Nikki
Old December 28th 04, 01:39 AM
mlbriggs

On Thu, 23 Dec 2004 14:53:07 -0800, EvelynVogtGamble(Divamanque) wrote:

Zorin the Lynx wrote:

When I sneeze, and Lynxie's in deep sleep, he sometimes meows in his
sleep. The first time, I thought it might have been a coincidence
because I couldn't see how a sneeze could induce a sleep-meow, but now
that it's happened numerous times I must wonder...

Anyone else have cats that do this? It's a really strange meow, too,
sorta a cross between a trill and a meow. Of course, I encourage such
cute behavior. }

I suspect he's simply saying "Don't bother me, I'm sleeping!"

-Z

Or perhaps he is saying "God bless you" MLB