ĄCleo es un gatito con un mal olor!

Old December 11th 05, 05:50 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Default ĄCleo es un gatito con un mal olor!

We feed the squirrels peanuts at the patio door. The girls (Cali and Smokey)
have always liked to sniff noses with the Squirrels through the screen door
and the Squirrels seemed to enjoy it too. The Squirrels have an affinity
with Smokey, perhaps because she smells like a nut.

Today Cleo was doing the nose sniffing through the screen, when the Squirrel
took off at top speed making than chattering sound they make when danger is
near. I don't know if Cleo was licking her lips, making sounds I couldn't
hear or if the Squirrel was put off by her exceptionally strong kitty
breath!

Old December 11th 05, 06:17 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Bill Stock wrote:
We feed the squirrels peanuts at the patio door. The girls (Cali and Smokey)
have always liked to sniff noses with the Squirrels through the screen door
and the Squirrels seemed to enjoy it too. The Squirrels have an affinity
with Smokey, perhaps because she smells like a nut.

Today Cleo was doing the nose sniffing through the screen, when the Squirrel
took off at top speed making than chattering sound they make when danger is
near. I don't know if Cleo was licking her lips, making sounds I couldn't
hear or if the Squirrel was put off by her exceptionally strong kitty
breath!

LOL!

marina (dot) kurten (at) iki (dot) fi
Old December 11th 05, 09:17 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

On Sun, 11 Dec 2005 11:50:55 -0500, "Bill Stock"
yodeled:

We feed the squirrels peanuts at the patio door. The girls (Cali and Smokey)
have always liked to sniff noses with the Squirrels through the screen door
and the Squirrels seemed to enjoy it too. The Squirrels have an affinity
with Smokey, perhaps because she smells like a nut.

Today Cleo was doing the nose sniffing through the screen, when the Squirrel
took off at top speed making than chattering sound they make when danger is
near. I don't know if Cleo was licking her lips, making sounds I couldn't
hear or if the Squirrel was put off by her exceptionally strong kitty
breath!

Isn't she "una gatita"?

My boys are utterly fascinated with squirrels, but I doubt they'd want
to settle for nose-sniffs.

Theresa

Make Levees, Not War
Old December 11th 05, 10:07 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

"Kreisleriana" wrote in message
On Sun, 11 Dec 2005 11:50:55 -0500, "Bill Stock"
yodeled:

We feed the squirrels peanuts at the patio door. The girls (Cali and
Smokey)
have always liked to sniff noses with the Squirrels through the screen
door
and the Squirrels seemed to enjoy it too. The Squirrels have an affinity
with Smokey, perhaps because she smells like a nut.

Today Cleo was doing the nose sniffing through the screen, when the
Squirrel
took off at top speed making than chattering sound they make when danger
is
near. I don't know if Cleo was licking her lips, making sounds I couldn't
hear or if the Squirrel was put off by her exceptionally strong kitty
breath!

Isn't she "una gatita"?

LOL, I have enough trouble with English. It looks like Google didn't
recognize Cleo as a girl's name.

My boys are utterly fascinated with squirrels, but I doubt they'd want
to settle for nose-sniffs.

Cali did go charging out the door after a Squirrel one time, but fortunately
did not go far.

Theresa

Make Levees, Not War

Old December 11th 05, 10:36 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

"Bill Stock" wrote in message
.. .

[...]

Boyfriend decided last year that he was brave enough to catch a grey
squirrel. He climbed an elder tree and waited on a branch for ages and
ages, then a squirrel came. He was *so* excited. He raised slightly on his
paws. His rump swayed from side to side ready for the killing pounce. The
squirrel didn't notice him and continued up the tree right to where
Boyfriend was waiting. They met practically face-to-face.
When the squirrel saw him it screeched at the top of its voice and jumped
away among the branches. Boyfie also decided that perhaps it was a bit
larger than he had anticipated and had big teef so he came down the tree..

Tweed

Old December 12th 05, 01:02 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

On Sun, 11 Dec 2005 21:36:32 -0000, "Christina Websell"
wrote:

"Bill Stock" wrote in message
. ..

[...]

That was probably just as well. I tend to be cautious about anything
that has teeth and jaws tough enough to chew through a walnut shell. I
have to admit, though, that I did once give in to temptation and tug
on a squirrel's tail. I was walking through a park, and heard loud
rustling noises coming from a trash can. There turned out to be a
couple of inches of moving squirrel tail sticking up out of the trash.
The squirrel was making so much noise as he ate someone's
lunch-leftovers that he didn't hear me coming. I gave a gentle tug on
the tail (not enough to hurt, just enough to get the squirrel's
attention), then jumped back from the can. A second or so later, a
very startled-looking squirrel stuck its head up out of the trash,
looked at me, and jumped for the nearest tree. It then gave me a
five-minute-or-so tongue-lashing for having injured its dignity. I
suspect that I heard lots of squirrelish swear-words.

--
John F. Eldredge --
PGP key available from
Old December 12th 05, 04:20 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

"Christina Websell" wrote:

Boyfriend decided last year that he was brave enough to catch a grey
squirrel. He climbed an elder tree and waited on a branch for ages and
ages, then a squirrel came. He was *so* excited. He raised slightly on his
paws. His rump swayed from side to side ready for the killing pounce. The
squirrel didn't notice him and continued up the tree right to where
Boyfriend was waiting. They met practically face-to-face.
When the squirrel saw him it screeched at the top of its voice and jumped
away among the branches. Boyfie also decided that perhaps it was a bit
larger than he had anticipated and had big teef so he came down the tree..

Probably a very wise choice on Boyfie's part.

Flicka and Zubie used to make many a dash after gray squirrels,
but they were always careful not to ever *quite* catch up to
one. Here in the US, our northern race of eastern gray
squirrels are more than an 8- to 10-pound cat can handle.

I once saw Houdini, my BIL's 14-pound bully boy, get his hooks
into one. The resulting riot of twisting, tumbling gray and
yellow fur disappeared down into a hollow and I never saw the
outcome, but the contest looked pretty even to me and I wouldn't
bet that the squirrel didn't manage to fight the cat off
sufficiently to make his escape up the nearest tree.

So tell Boyfie to use my girls' trick of coming up just inches
short on that final leap. That way he get's all the fun and
excitement of stalking the squirrel and making a fierce charge,
but he doesn't have to deal with the aches and pains which can
come from wrestling with squirrels.

--

Wayne M
(indulged by Will and Heidi)
Old December 12th 05, 04:50 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

"Wayne Mitchell" wrote in message
"Christina Websell" wrote:

[...]

We had a Black Squirrel get into the house once and I've got the scratches
to prove it. Cali got out of Bed and came to see what the commotion was all
about and then promptly went back to bed. You'd think they'd been in the
house every day. Smokey, who loves to jump at the Squirrels when they climb
the outside of the screen door, kept her distance.

Cleo might be the only one insane enough to tackle a Squirrel.

--

Wayne M
(indulged by Will and Heidi)

Old December 12th 05, 04:55 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

On Sun, 11 Dec 2005 22:50:39 -0500, "Bill Stock"
yodeled:

"Christina Websell" wrote:

[...]

Maybe some of you have heard the public radio show "This American
Life" which tells first-person stories. One of the early shows had a
remarkable story told by a policeman about his very first day on the
job. He recounted-- wonderfully vividly, in rueful detail-- the
diabolical, cataclysmic ass-kicking he and his partner received from a
lone little squirrel they were called to remove from an attic. This
story became an instant classic, and is frequently repeated for pledge
drives, and recordings of "Cop vs. Squirrel" are given away as pledge
premiums.

I heard it for the first time maybe ten years ago, in the middle of
the night when I couldn't sleep. I laughed so hard I literally rolled
right out of bed.

Theresa

Make Levees, Not War
Old December 12th 05, 05:53 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

"Christina Websell" wrote:

[...]

There is also the "live squirrel grenade" story posted by both Yoj and
David Gerecke in this newsgroup on Dec. 21, 2003:
http://tinyurl.com/9boxy or
http://groups.google.com/groups?hl=e...ff&qt_s=Search
The accounts are identical, and both attribute the story to a Daniel
Meyer, so I suppose they must have been copied from another newsgroup
or web site.

--
John F. Eldredge --
PGP key available from