arriving at the ball

Old October 5th 09, 03:34 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Community Cats[_2_]

Default arriving at the ball

[As the First Calling of Names draws to a close, all of the assembled
kitties ponder the lives of those who were called and how these lives
touched their own. It is a very quiet, solemn time.

After a few minutes have passed McDougal, chief of the village, rises and
signals to other local resident cats. These cats all rise and file out
slowly and quietly.

McDougal goes into his home and emerges with a paw full of flowers. He
passed the flowers to one of the village kitties, then goes back inside
for another paw full. A dozen trips later he leads the kitties to the
assembly hall. They are placed in a vase right at the front of the hall.

The cats then disperse to their homes, and return shortly afterwards with
musical instruments. Redpaw , Yellowtail, and Bigboy return with fiddles.
Shaunessey, Pretty Girl, Hamish, and O'Reilly bring bodhrans and tin
whistles. Nels and Nellie (Norwegian Forest Cats) haul their concertinas
into the hall. Gretel and Timmers set up their Uilleann pipes, and
McDougal makes adjustments to his Great Irish Warpipes (kitty sized, of
course).

Other village kitties are setting up the assembly hall for a traditional
Irish wake. Carboys of white lightning (enhanced with catnip, of course)
are placed on the table, as are kegs of locally brewed nip beer. Sweet
teas are available in abundance for those who prefer to stay away from
the strong stuff. Sweet snacks are available in a dazzling variety. Many
comfy cushions, pillows and chairs are arrange around the room, with a
large part of the floor kept clear for dancing.

McDougal sees that the music cats have all assembled and seem to all be
ready.]

Ok, me friends, 'tis time to make some noise. We need to let the
assembled cats know that they can join us to celebrate the lives of the
Rainbow Bridge ones if they like, or contemplate quietly if they prefer.
Let us play "The Dark Isle" as loud as we can, so the sound will carry
(softly!) all the way to the ampitheater. Then we can play at normal
volume, so as to not disturb those who prefer to contemplate quietly.

[He gives them a starting count, with Shaunessey tapping out the beat on
his bodhran. The strains of the Scottish hymn do drift softly across the
ampitheater, causing some of the solemn kitties to wander towards the
sound. Once they reach the end of the piece the music kitties launch into
"Finnegan's Wake".

Village kitties drift in to the hall to listen to the music and enjoy the
buffet tables, then walk back to the ampitheater to sit solemnly for a
while and listen to more tributes. A steady stream of kitties flows both
ways, as many cats make the transition.]

Old October 5th 09, 03:35 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Harri Roadcat

On Mon, 05 Oct 2009 14:34:07 +0000, Community Cats wrote:

[Village kitties drift in to the hall to listen to the music and enjoy
the buffet tables, then walk back to the ampitheater to sit solemnly for
a while and listen to more tributes. A steady stream of kitties flows
both ways, as many cats make the transition.]

[Harri Roadcat and her soon-to-be wink OT drop in to the assembly hall,
and Harri delivers the assembly hall's first tribute of the evening. She
approaches the podium as the music cats take a short break.]

Hello, everycat. I am Harri Roadcat, and this is OT. I'm here to meow
about my sisfur, Cleopatra Silvercat. Amelia already gave a tribute to
her, but she left out some 'portant stuff. Cleo was always the boss at
our house, not because she demanded to be but because we all recognized
that she was wise. She was also always fair. She really would have
preferred to be an only-cat, but she almost never said so. And she was a
really good sport, always joining the community on trips and adventures
and doing unexpected things like hot-wiring RVs.

At home she made an art of sleeping on Meowmie's pillow, but only when
Meowmie was using it. She figgered out how to drape paws on either side
of Meowmie's face and stuff her tail in Meowmie's mouth and nose.

Cleocatra, we will all miss yourownself.

[OT escorts Harri back to their cushion, and brings her a jar of white
lightning.]

Old October 5th 09, 09:35 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Mme. Anaïs ^..^[_4_]

On 5 Oct 2009 14:34:07 GMT, Community Cats's
nimble, little paws typed:

Ok, me friends, 'tis time to make some noise. We need to let the
assembled cats know that they can join us to celebrate the lives of the
Rainbow Bridge ones if they like, or contemplate quietly if they prefer.
Let us play "The Dark Isle" as loud as we can, so the sound will carry
(softly!) all the way to the ampitheater. Then we can play at normal
volume, so as to not disturb those who prefer to contemplate quietly.

[He gives them a starting count, with Shaunessey tapping out the beat on
his bodhran. The strains of the Scottish hymn do drift softly across the
ampitheater, causing some of the solemn kitties to wander towards the
sound. Once they reach the end of the piece the music kitties launch into
"Finnegan's Wake".

Wow,

I'fe nebber heerd Celtic moosik or seen dem
instrumentz befur! Hab yoo eber seen dem, Tiger??

But itz reely pleasant and keepink wif da Ball; I
hopes de comes bak an playz more!
--
Purrs,

Mme. Anaïs

soul.â€
Jean Cocteau, 1889-1963

10/5/2009 4:34:32 PM
Old October 5th 09, 10:42 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Stormmee

da soft purlaz diz muzik, anna her liztenz toa purgram onna npr kalled
thistles anna shamrocks so i haz heared sum of diz befur, itz veri nize anna
when soft purlaz it qweetli i likesta lay onna futon anna lizten, Tiger

--
Have a wonderful day

"Mme. Anaïs ^..^" wrote in message
[...]

"I love cats because I take pleasure in my home;
soul."
Jean Cocteau, 1889-1963

10/5/2009 4:34:32 PM

Old October 6th 09, 02:19 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Granby

Iz dat whut diz iz? I tuked a drink of dat stuffz anna it burnez down to
myown tale. O T handing the canning jar back to Harri. Watchz dat stuff, I
hearz it kan make urselfv blind!

Old October 6th 09, 03:32 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Mosey =^..^=[_2_]

Default arriving at the ball..dancing

[...]

Morgana, sez Mosey, would you please dance wif myownself a few times?
You look so lovely, and if any other man cat asks you to dance, it is fine
with me.

Old October 6th 09, 03:48 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Sundance[_2_]

Toonya, haz yoo had enuf refurreshmintz? When yoo iz reddy, wud yoo like to
danse? I will ask da kondukterkittee to play ennee kind uv mewsik dat yoo
wud like.

Sundance

Old October 6th 09, 04:32 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Pi2nya AKA Sweetee[_2_]

"Sundance" wrote in message
Toonya, haz yoo had enuf refurreshmintz? When yoo iz reddy, wud yoo
like to danse? I will ask da kondukterkittee to play ennee kind uv
mewsik dat yoo wud like.

Sundance

Wudja lyke tu slowdanze, at leezt tu shtart wiff?
Laytur diz effnink, wen Meowmee iz fynulee gon, we kin Jitter-bug an
whuteffur elze yu wud lyke ;-)
--
Pitô.ônya

Old October 6th 09, 07:49 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Mosey =^..^=[_2_]

Toonya, haz yoo had enuf refurreshmintz? When yoo iz reddy, wud yoo like
to danse? I will ask da kondukterkittee to play ennee kind uv mewsik dat
yoo wud like.

Sundance

Wudja lyke tu slowdanze, at leezt tu shtart wiff?
Laytur diz effnink, wen Meowmee iz fynulee gon, we kin Jitter-bug an
whuteffur elze yu wud lyke ;-)
--
Pitô.ônya

Mosey and Morgana join Sundance n Pi2unya ..hihi there, says Mosey, you've
met Morgana, from the Second World, haven't you? We luff tew danse tew.
Shure, slow danse furst saownds, wif sawft majikal lites wood be grate
furst, for da mood,
den we kan do da Bitter-jug, n take et frum dere. Hozat saownd?
Umkay, Letz boff uf us cupples slowdanse to 'Somewhere Over The Rainbow.]
gulps...um, iffen yoo hab a bedder idear fur a furst slow danse song, let's
hear it.

Meanwhile, soft ethereal music floats softly around creating a feeling of
love and all sorts of ....
Meanwhile, 2 brightly colored Monarch butterflies land on Mimzy n Bob Qat'z
heads, gives them eech a majik kiss, and with a tiny giggle, flies off..
Wow.
Umkay, Bob, wanna dnase? Letz wait fur a fast danse tho, Umkay?.
[Hoomin bote] Mimzy is played by a tiny Shirley Temple]
Yoo wook sew nise in yer gray soot Bob.