rainy day=depressed cats

Old November 12th 03, 09:34 PM
John Biltz

Default rainy day=depressed cats

The cats are really depressed. I've never seen Bruiser down for so long.
Been raining all day. Not hard but a steady drizzle and its cold for
Vegas. They have been taking turns jumping up into my lap and telling me
how badly life sucks and I need to to do something about it. I think the
last time it rained here was the flooding a few months ago. Desert cats
are spoiled cats when it comes to rain. Maya always acts like the rain
is the first sign of the apocalypse (so do most people here) but Bruiser
has never been bothered before, of course that was always showers that
ended after and hour or two at most.

Old November 13th 03, 12:34 AM
Brenda

"John Biltz" wrote in message
thlink.net...
The cats are really depressed. I've never seen Bruiser down for so long.
Been raining all day. Not hard but a steady drizzle and its cold for
Vegas. They have been taking turns jumping up into my lap and telling me
how badly life sucks and I need to to do something about it. I think the
last time it rained here was the flooding a few months ago. Desert cats
are spoiled cats when it comes to rain. Maya always acts like the rain
is the first sign of the apocalypse (so do most people here) but Bruiser
has never been bothered before, of course that was always showers that
ended after and hour or two at most.

we're sending some sunny day purrs.
Brenda

Old November 13th 03, 02:05 AM
Gandalf

On Wed, 12 Nov 2003 21:34:45 GMT, John Biltz
wrote:

The cats are really depressed. I've never seen Bruiser down for so long.
Been raining all day. Not hard but a steady drizzle and its cold for
Vegas. They have been taking turns jumping up into my lap and telling me
how badly life sucks and I need to to do something about it. I think the
last time it rained here was the flooding a few months ago. Desert cats
are spoiled cats when it comes to rain. Maya always acts like the rain
is the first sign of the apocalypse (so do most people here) but Bruiser
has never been bothered before, of course that was always showers that
ended after and hour or two at most.

A quote I like:

It was his firm belief that I had the power to turn off the rain, brush
away the clouds, make the sun come back to shine upon the window ledge,
modify the temperature, (and) perform other miracles as required. I
found my failure to live up to his high esteem somewhat embarrassing.
- Era Zistel

~~~~~~~~
Life without cats would be only marginally worth living.
TC, and the unmercifully, relentlessly, sweet calico kitty, Kenzie.

- Robert Heinlein

Old November 13th 03, 04:14 AM
Steve Touchstone

wrote:

The cats are really depressed. I've never seen Bruiser down for so long.
Been raining all day. Not hard but a steady drizzle and its cold for
Vegas. They have been taking turns jumping up into my lap and telling me
how badly life sucks and I need to to do something about it. I think the
last time it rained here was the flooding a few months ago. Desert cats
are spoiled cats when it comes to rain. Maya always acts like the rain
is the first sign of the apocalypse (so do most people here) but Bruiser
has never been bothered before, of course that was always showers that
ended after and hour or two at most.

My three regard the weather very differently.

Rocky, the ex-feral, doesn't mind inclement weather at all. When it's
hot he lays in the mud. Since he's mostly white, and we're talking SW
Oklahoma red clay here, he has a definite reddish tint all summer.
Rain - no problem, he doesn't even hurry to shelter unless there's a
downpour.

Sammy, who was born in the bedroom closet, has never gone outside
unless supervised. The only time she goes out is when I'm out, and
since I don't go out in bad weather, neither does she. I'll always
remember when we went out and she first encountered snow. We don't
get a lot of the white stuff here, but when we do she goes crazy. I
think that she thinks the falling snowflakes are some kind of moth,
and she runs around catching them as they fall. The only weather that
bothers Sammy is a thunderstorm. Long before the storm arrives she
starts looking for a hiding place.

Little Bit is my fair weather cat. If it's hot, cold, or windy she has
no interest in going out. She has a better batting aergae than the
local weatherman when predicting rain. She's not interested in going
out in the morning when we get an afternoon shower.
--
Steve Touchstone,

[remove Junk for email]
Old November 13th 03, 11:39 PM
ann

Cinnamon and Abby are the same way about the weather. They look at me as if I
can make it warm and sunny in their porches for them. If it's not sunny out
in the morning they will go and sleep on my bed all day.

Ann

Old November 16th 03, 07:09 PM
SUQKRT

In article nk.net, John
Biltz wrote:

The cats are really depressed. I've never seen Bruiser down for so long.

Been raining all day. Not hard but a steady drizzle and its cold for
Vegas. They have been taking turns jumping up into my lap and telling
me
how badly life sucks and I need to to do something about it. I think the

last time it rained here was the flooding a few months ago. Desert cats

are spoiled cats when it comes to rain. Maya always acts like the rain

is the first sign of the apocalypse (so do most people here) but Bruiser

has never been bothered before, of course that was always showers that

ended after and hour or two at most.

Poor babies, living is Mass. would give them a nervous breakdown. Its actually
sunny today.
Suz
Iron Chef Macmoosette
Thank Heavens There's Only One

Chocolate heals all wounds.
Old November 17th 03, 05:03 PM
Warren O

John Biltz wrote:

The cats are really depressed. I've never seen Bruiser down for so long.
Been raining all day. Not hard but a steady drizzle and its cold for
Vegas. They have been taking turns jumping up into my lap and telling me
how badly life sucks and I need to to do something about it. I think the
last time it rained here was the flooding a few months ago. Desert cats
are spoiled cats when it comes to rain. Maya always acts like the rain
is the first sign of the apocalypse (so do most people here) but Bruiser
has never been bothered before, of course that was always showers that
ended after and hour or two at most.

How appropriate! I just posted a picture of what my cat does when it's
cloudy outside on my website:

http://www.officiallycute.com/pic1.html

Georgia usually doesn't mind going outside when it rains, but she does
summon me over to the front window around 10 a.m., sit down where the
sun usually hits, and looks up at me as if to say, "So hurry up and make
the clouds go away so you can pet me in the sun!"

Warren

Great gifts for cat lovers at http://www.officiallycute.com
Cute cat pictures, too!

Old November 17th 03, 09:21 PM
polonca12000

What a smart kitty! Loved the pic. Thanks.
Best wishes,
--
Polonca & Soncek

"Warren O" wrote in message
ink.net...
How appropriate! I just posted a picture of what my cat does when it's
cloudy outside on my website:

http://www.officiallycute.com/pic1.html

snip