The trip is still On`

Old May 5th 04, 07:34 AM
jmcquown

Default The trip is still On`

I managed to accomplish some great things in the course of a single day.
Sent my updated resume to a headhunter I used about 15 years ago. On her
website found a job posting which is nearly perfect based on my experience.

Filed for unemployment insurance and that went more smoothly than I thought
it would; I was able to type my application at a PC; others were filling out
forms. I asked what the difference was and the woman behind the counter
said, "You finish, you're done." I only had to fill out one piece of paper.

Meanwhile, several former co-workers have emailed references offers for me
to send out with my resume. How nice!

I'm still going out of town next week and arranged for Persia to be boarded
(they love her! when I called, the receptionist said "Oh, we look forward to
Persia; she's such a sweetie!" Yes!) and taken well care of in my absence.
My lovebird will be boarded at a separate avian vet. My DH pays for all
this and I'm still amazed by that.

I need the vacation before the big job hunt... or other decisions... ;-)

Jill

Old May 5th 04, 10:02 AM
Seanette Blaylock

"jmcquown" had some very interesting things
to say about The trip is still On`:

[...]

DH??? Did we miss something??? :-)

--
"Don't mess with major appliances unless you know what you are doing
(or unless your life insurance policy is up-to-date)." - John, RCFL

Old May 5th 04, 10:51 AM
jmcquown

Seanette Blaylock wrote:
"jmcquown" had some very interesting things
to say about The trip is still On`:

DH??? Did we miss something??? :-)

Uh, er, actually I didn't mean to post this here!

Jill

Old May 5th 04, 08:28 PM
Hopitus2

It doesn't matter, kid. The Hopitus congratulates you, bigtime. If you are
able to stay friendly with 'em, you're way ahead in the game of life.

"jmcquown" wrote in message
. ..
: Seanette Blaylock wrote:
: "jmcquown" had some very interesting things
: to say about The trip is still On`:
:
: DH??? Did we miss something??? :-)
:

Old May 5th 04, 08:59 PM
jmcquown

Hopitus2 wrote:
It doesn't matter, kid. The Hopitus congratulates you, bigtime. If
you are able to stay friendly with 'em, you're way ahead in the game
of life.

Friendly with that man from 23 years ago? or friendly with former
co-workers? LOL

Jill
DH = Dear Heart

"jmcquown" wrote in message