Revenge (and shampoo) revisited

Old September 12th 07, 07:49 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Baha via CatKB.com

Default Revenge (and shampoo) revisited

Our Doll creeps on a bumpy road to recovery. So our vet said in a phone
conference yesterday: when Odessa coughs up her ick, it’s white and not green
or yellow; there’s less tossing of the proverbial cookies and she does want
to eat. But she is tired—I suppose I would be too if I spent a good chunk of
my day coughing up throat nasties.

Odessa is not *that* beat, however, for she continues to calculate her
vengeance. And it’s all on me. I mean all, and I mean on, in a very literal
sense.

Now I suppose that cats, like human children, view their Mamas as their
providers and caretakers. Daddies kind of take a back seat in this little
principality in the world of Nature. And the world of Homo Sapiens can often
reflect Nature in the more traditional human families where Daddy ends up the
provider but Mama still ends up at home, protecting and caring for her young.
As our two-legged species changed over time, and more and more Mamas entered
the workforce, we still retain the sometimes exhausting role of caretaker and
provider. This will, of course, include feeding, driving to soccer—no, Stosh
and brandy take care of fitness and entertainment in their frequent wrestling
matches—and caring for the kids when they’re sick. And that includes
administering remarkably vile medicine and comfort to the convalescing.

So last night Louie dropped me at home and had to go back to work. Odessa was
up to a polite game of tag so I chased her around the bedroom a bit before
she let me grab her to give her the evening dose of antibiotic. I held my
Dolly awhile afterward and told her just how much we loved her, and that we
were really acting in her best interest: “Dolly-doll, do you have any idea
how much Mama and Daddy love you? We took you from the shelter because we
knew you needed love and patience. We wanted you to have cat buddies to play
with and a forever home with people who love you for who you are. You helped
take care of us when we got the flu and now we want to take care of our sweet
little—“

And then our little Odessa-Doll let fly with a sneeze that could break the
sound barrier. In the words of Arthur Miller in “The Crucible,” “It were a
grand sneeze…another like it would shake her wits together, I think.” I
wasn’t thinking of Arthur Miller at this point. I was thinking of shampoo.
Shampoo and a good face cleanser. Cat snot EVERYWHERE! I wiped off my glasses
and felt my way to the shower. My hair was pinned up and you know what? It
doesn’t keep cat snot from congregating wherever it and its skillful marksman
damn well please.

May I ask what happened to the days when she just dropped a noxious fart at
someone and ran for cover? Louie gets Odessa’s butt backed into him, the
friendly girl; but this makes two days now that I’ve been baptized in cat
snot and I suppose this might make me an honorary Bastite to the devout. I am
convinced that this is because I have been the sole dispenser of the
remarkably vile medicine. The perils of parenting: Daddy’s the cool guy who
gives the goodies and the scritchies. Mama ends up being “the heavy.” This,
they don’t teach in high school home-ec and health. Where did I go wrong?
Should I just dose in the bathtub so I can just get it over with?

Blessed be,
Baha

Old September 12th 07, 10:32 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Kreisleriana[_2_]

"Baha via CatKB.com" u18616@uwe wrote in message news:781e7d3a93455@uwe...
[...]

Odessa has a new moniker-- The Snotmistress. :P

Old September 13th 07, 10:07 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Lesley via CatKB.com

Baha wrote:

And then our little Odessa-Doll let fly with a sneeze that could break the
sound barrier. In the words of Arthur Miller in “The Crucible,” “It were a
grand sneeze…another like it would shake her wits together, I think.” I
wasn’t thinking of Arthur Miller at this point. I was thinking of shampoo.
Shampoo and a good face cleanser. Cat snot EVERYWHERE! I wiped off my glasses
and felt my way to the shower. My hair was pinned up and you know what? It
doesn’t keep cat snot from congregating wherever it and its skillful marksman
damn well please.

She's really got it in for you! Next time you dose her perhaps you should
wear full plate armour...at least it would wipe clean easier

Lesley

Slave of the Fabulous Furballs

Old September 13th 07, 03:17 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Baha via CatKB.com

Lesley wrote:
She's really got it in for you! Next time you dose her perhaps you should
wear full plate armour...at least it would wipe clean easier

We took her to the vet today. The good news is that Odessa is certified
recovering; her lymph nodes are way smaller and she's finally said meow for
the first time since this whole dental-throat business started. Her appetite
continues to increase and the coughing to decrease, Bast be praised.

The bad news is that, in the exam room, Louie sneezed while he was holding
our Dolly and I was petting her, and my hand got doused in Louie snot.

I can't freaking win.

Blessed be,
Baha

Old September 13th 07, 03:28 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Lesley via CatKB.com

Baha wrote:

The bad news is that, in the exam room, Louie sneezed while he was holding
our Dolly and I was petting her, and my hand got doused in Louie snot.

The pair of them are ganging up on you!

Old September 13th 07, 07:54 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Baha via CatKB.com

Lesley wrote:
The bad news is that, in the exam room, Louie sneezed while he was holding
our Dolly and I was petting her, and my hand got doused in Louie snot.

The pair of them are ganging up on you!

I suppose things can be worse. Many people say they have had a sh*tty day. I
can at least say I have had a snotty one. problem is I've had a snotty day
for 3 days running--like some peoples' noses.

Blessed be,
Baha

Old September 14th 07, 01:30 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Sue[_2_]

Baha via CatKB.com wrote:

May I ask what happened to the days when she just dropped a noxious fart
at someone and ran for cover? Louie gets Odessa?s butt backed into him,
the friendly girl; but this makes two days now that I?ve been baptized in
cat snot and I suppose this might make me an honorary Bastite to the
devout. I am convinced that this is because I have been the sole dispenser
of the remarkably vile medicine. The perils of parenting: Daddy?s the cool
guy who gives the goodies and the scritchies. Mama ends up being ?the
heavy.? This, they don?t teach in high school home-ec and health. Where
did I go wrong? Should I just dose in the bathtub so I can just get it
over with?

Blessed be,
Baha

Tub not a bad idea. I only know from Shadow kitten. The two pound kitten
that could expel four pounds of snot! awwww

Old September 14th 07, 03:54 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Baha via CatKB.com

Sue wrote:

Tub not a bad idea. I only know from Shadow kitten. The two pound kitten
that could expel four pounds of snot! awwww

Should have tried it this morning. I gave Odessa her dose and she
expectorated a snot onto my left bezonga, that could have flooded New Jersey.
I was--well, let's be polite and say that I was thankfully bareskinned and in
close proximity to the shower. She had been trying all morning to clear her
throat...good God, the size of this thing! Of course she stopped the ahem-ing
right after, but then plopped down and zonked. And now I'm worried again.
Because I am a supreme worrier.
Despite the fact that the vet told me it would be slow goiing, that the lymph
nodes had shrunk considerably and the lungs were clear, I still am worrying
myself into a major Valium binge. I guess you can generate mucus in just the
throat. I did call the doctor, who has apparently been in surgery all morning.
I think I may have done a cat-heimlich without knowing it, from the sheer
volume of this morning's Snot du Jour. Please pray for my Dolly, everyone.

Blessed be,
Baha

Old September 19th 07, 10:14 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
polonca12000

Baha via CatKB.com wrote:

Our Doll creeps on a bumpy road to recovery. So our vet said in a phone
conference yesterday: when Odessa coughs up her ick, it’s white and not green
or yellow; there’s less tossing of the proverbial cookies and she does want
to eat. But she is tired—I suppose I would be too if I spent a good chunk of
my day coughing up throat nasties.

snip I am
convinced that this is because I have been the sole dispenser of the
remarkably vile medicine. The perils of parenting: Daddy’s the cool guy who
gives the goodies and the scritchies. Mama ends up being “the heavy.” This,
they don’t teach in high school home-ec and health. Where did I go wrong?
Should I just dose in the bathtub so I can just get it over with?

Blessed be,
Baha

We continue to send purrs for Odessa and lots of hugs for you, Baha,
Polonca and Soncek