Pics: A rainy day

Old May 31st 09, 12:49 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Winnie

Default Pics: A rainy day

On May 30, 7:22*pm, Jack Campin - bogus address
wrote:

Gorgeous pictures, but my god HOW HIGH UP do you live?

I don't think I've ever seen an apartment block that tall.
It's like something out of a 1950s SF magazine cover.

There are lots and lots of very tall highrise apartments in Hong Kong.
The city consists of very little land and the poplulations are in the
millions.
So the only way to house them are in highrises. There are also many
mountains.

Winnie
Old May 31st 09, 01:36 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

wrote:

Gorgeous pictures, but my god HOW HIGH UP do you live?

I don't think I've ever seen an apartment block that tall.
It's like something out of a 1950s SF magazine cover.

There are lots and lots of very tall highrise apartments in Hong Kong.
The city consists of very little land and the poplulations are in the
millions.
So the only way to house them are in highrises. There are also many
mountains.

Good point - no room for sprawl! Nowhere to go but *up*.

You really do have an amazing view from your window.

--
Joyce ^..^

Old May 31st 09, 02:27 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Cheryl

Default A rainy day

wrote in message
It's the rainy season in Hong Kong and the girls like to smoosh down
in their bed by the window and watch the weather. While they were
doing that, I spun their bed around and they posed for a few pictures.

Not worried about the clouds enveloping the mountains:
http://www.stagg.hk/qats/IMGP2186.JPG
http://www.stagg.hk/qats/IMGP2187.JPG

It's too good to be true for them to pose like this:
http://www.stagg.hk/qats/IMGP2189.JPG

A return to form: Naughty's ADD wins again!
http://www.stagg.hk/qats/IMGP2190.JPG

OMG how cute are those pics!! And what big ears they have!

Old May 31st 09, 02:34 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

On May 31, 7:22*am, Jack Campin - bogus address
wrote:

Gorgeous pictures, but my god HOW HIGH UP do you live?

I don't think I've ever seen an apartment block that tall.
It's like something out of a 1950s SF magazine cover.

I'm on the 38th floor; my block has 50 floors in total.

For new-ish Hong Kong residential blocks, that's a bit shorter than
normal. The blocks they're building now are generally the 50-60
floors.

The cats love the view. They can watch the tiny humans walking around.
I'm sure they fantasize about one day getting hold of one of those
tiny human beings, and exacting some kind of revenge.

Blackie & Rainy Boy Takeover just a private Cat anecdotes 2 February 7th 08 09:17 PM
Rainy Day Sulk badwilson Cat anecdotes 4 June 29th 06 09:04 PM
Snoozing on a Rainy Day! CatNipped Cat anecdotes 5 July 21st 05 03:17 PM
Rainy Day -- Snuggy Cats O J Cat anecdotes 3 January 9th 05 09:14 PM
Rainy roadtrip to Cambodia - OT badwilson Cat anecdotes 39 June 11th 04 04:00 AM